“Dreamy food! A must go if in New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,515 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Julia Street
Description: Opened in 1990 by Chef Emeril Lagasse in New Orleans, Emeril's Restaurant serves his signature style of "New New Orleans" cuisine, featuring the best local and regional seasonal ingredients. Nestled in a renovated pharmacy warehouse on Tchoupitoulas Street in the heart of the city's Warehouse District, Emeril's interior features rustic exposed brick and glass walls flanking one side of the main dining room, with plaster-lathe wood forming a wine wall on the other. Guests may enjoy watching the action in the kitchen while enjoying a meal at the chef's Food Bar.
Chicago, Illinois
“Dreamy food! A must go if in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

The service was amazing! It's been a long time since we have had service like that. The waitress knew our names and I didn't need to tell them it was my husbands birthday. They had made a note of it from my reservations. I had the jumbo shrimp with grits- AMAZING! my husband had the pork chops and sweet potatoes. He liked it a lot but said it wasn't the best chop he had ever had, but said it was enough to eat for two meals. Now favorite food in New Orleans was actually at Emeril's. It was the CORN BREAD. WoW, we came back to Chicago to try and find that recipe online but had no luck for the exact one. I would highly recommend going here for a special occasion or a nice evening dinner in N.O.

• Visited October 2010

• Chinese (Traditional) first
charleston, wv
“Disappointing costly and just not worth it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

We were in town on a meeting and some in our organization had decided to go together as a group for dinner. Someone else made reservations but I believe it was for a party of 24. Only 19 people showed for dinner. Our reservations were for 10:00 pm. While we were seated on time that was the best of the night, everything else went downhill. We had been told we could order ala carte, however when I reviewed the menu it was for a 3 course menu and there was not a vegetarian option. When I asked the waiter, I was told with a party this large I had to order the 3-course menu and it took a lot of negotiation for them to agree to make an entrée for me. I am not that fussy, some steamed vegetables would have sufficed. The service was very slow and it took an hour for us to get our food. My vegetables were mushy and just OK nothing like I expected from Emerils. I have eaten at Eric Rupert’s restaurants, Muriel’s, and Café Amelia and there is no comparison. The food at Applebee’s is better. One of the diners at our table ordered pork chops which were rare he sent them back twice and finally gave up on getting them cooked correctly. The servers did not appear to be happy with his request. Furthermore, he was up all night with GI distress after his meal. When it came time for the check, we were charge for wine we did not drink and for the meals of the dinners that did not show for the reservation. At no time were we informed of their policy before we ate and after much negotiation with the manager, he decided to not charge us for the no show dinners and took the wine off our bill. My total cost for a mediocre meal to say I ate at Emerils was $119. I can assure you there are much better options; we loved Muriel’s and Café Amelia in New Orleans. The food is of higher caliber I don’t mind paying for a meal as long as that meal lives up to its hype. This is my first and list visit to an Emerils restaurant!

Visited April 2011
Conway, Arkansas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Upon arriving in New Orleans, I called Emeril's to make a reservation and was told the first seating available was 9 PM. We did not want to eat that late, so we took an earlier reservation for the next evening. Since we still had to find a place to eat dinner that evening, we decided to walk from our hotel over to Emeril's and just for the heck of it see if we could get in as walk-ins off the street! Amazingly we arrived just as the restaurant opened, and we were seated immediately! It was the beginning of a very nice dining experience! We started with appetizers of BBQ shrimp and calamari. My friend and I both ordered the filet of beef. It was probably the best filet we have ever eaten.Cooked to perfection, it came with a short rib shepard pie, which was totally awesome! Our wait staff was very professional and attentive, but not overbearing. Excellent restaurant to start our visit in New Orleans! we were so pleased that we went to Emeril's NOLA's the next night, BUT that is another review -- and not a good one. Eat here, not NOLA's!!!!! There is definitely a difference!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
““Sometimes when you start out wrong you just cannot recover”.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

“Sometimes when you start out wrong you just cannot recover”. That was the comment from Emeril’s Sommelier who was doing his best on what turned out to be an insurmountable slope. We had made 9:00 reservations on a Sunday evening. When we arrived at 9:00 after keeping the munchies in check at an earlier reception, we were ready to savor the well reviewed food of this star restaurant (a type we generally avoid but sometimes just have to check out). The “take a seat at the bar we are almost ready” got us through to 9:30 when I got up and inquired about progress. The “you are next” got us through the next three couples that were seated when, realizing that it was slightly before most NOLA restaurants closed, I approached the two persons at the reception who had been deceiving us with a “we are leaving before there will be no place for us to eat (why they never offered to have us simply order at the bar – something we have no issues with) is beyond me. The response was quite creative – “someone took your reservation” (we were seated within a few feet of the reception and are certain that our name was never called).

Next, Roy (pronounced Ray) the sommelier raced in taking us to a very well-placed table with all apologies. He assured us that he had already ordered a couple of nice appetizers to get our blood sugar balanced. He had indeed, they arrived promptly and were quite competent (barbecued shrimp and Ahi tuna with what might have been braised short rib – we never got much time on this page of the menu). He also brought us a delightful Pinot Noir that was sure to go fine with our two beef dishes. Unfortunately, it took nearly another 30+ minutes before they arrived (although the kitchen staff pretty much outnumbered the guests by then). When they did, the filet was done almost as ordered and was quite tasty. The cowboy rib eye was another matter. It was simultaneously over and under temperature. That is, it was cooked medium, rather than rare as ordered, and served cold. NOW, I made the BIG mistake. When asked, I told the waiter the truth. Whoosh went the plate – “no” screamed my wife. “Leave it, I’m famished”. “No, I can’t do that; it won’t take but a couple of minutes”. That’s about the time Roy noted the slippery slope of incompetence. We had shared the filet for a couple of bites when the steak suddenly returned, blistering hot but with the roasted garlic that my wife had smeared on during its first appearance still on top . Yes, the correction was to cook the same overcooked piece of meat more to get it to eating temperature. This is a trick I never saw Mr. Lagasse perform on his cooking shows, but it is one his staff seems to have perfected.

When I told Roy that this was really the last straw, the waitress whipped away the rest of the filet. I guess that she figured since I was unlikely to get charged for it she might as well get a piece of it for herself (by the way, this is the selfsame waitress that Roy had assured us was the best in the house). For some reason we went out the door with a desert in a bag – I have no recall of how it got to us. But, as I went out the door I stopped to tell the young lady hostess that it was not nice to assure someone they are next and to then go on seating others. The well coifed gentleman who had initially told us to sit at the bar then told us “to have a great evening”. When I told him that he had assured that it was too late for that to be the case, he told the doorman “they are leaving”.

So finally, two hours after we arrived we were walking down a street without any open restaurants having been insulted, lied to, and fed 2/3 of a filet, five shrimp, and two small pieces of Ahi between us. Our only satisfaction is that while they may have thought that we were blowing smoke about the reception for 75 we inquired about upon entry, we were not. My wife is bringing 75 people from around the country to a hotel about a block away next month and she is looking for a place nearby that can accommodate them for a for a reception. They cavalierly tossed away about a $5,000 check with their arrogance and incompetence and my wife avoided the possibility of a more embarrassing error than we made by not heeding the negative reviews we had read. Be aware, should you decide you want to brave Emeril’s reputation has for not seating guests as promised the “we are having a party” gambit has been proven not to work.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“The best of New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Dining at Emerils is a religious experience. I have been to Emerils 5 times and have NEVER been disappointed. The food is outstanding as is the service. This is my favorite of all Emerils restaurants and by far my favorite in New Orleans. I will return everytime I am in the Big Easy. I highly recommend enjoying a meal at Emerils.