“Great location, mediocre food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
New Orleans
“Great location, mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great, open walled view of harbor. Perfect place for drinks after work. Food less impressive. Too much breading on fried food, and breading had little spice. Fried food not crisp enough. Fish tacos ( grilled) were very tasty. Service was friendly and attentive.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Loved the opened Garage Door Walls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I ate lunch here recently and once again I was quite pleased with the food and service. I had the oysters for an app. and they were of a very nice size and texture. I then had the seasame crusted tuna for my main course and enjoyed every bite. My wife had the parm fries and the chicken sandwich, which she told me enjoyed very much. The staff was friendly as usual and quite attentive. This makes my fifth visit to this place and it certainly will not be my last. They have opened a bar downstairs and they have an elevator to assist anyone who might need a lift. The metal marine life artwork on the walls is second to none. The maratime atmosphere of this place just keeps drawing me back. To put it simply, I just like the place. It's about time the lakefront had a place like this and I hope it remains successful.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Location...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I decided to go here after working late on a Saturday and arrived at about 830. There were few people and we felt rushed. We had crabless crab cakes. The texture was very mushy, probably because they were over worked in the kitchen. The raw oysters were small and disappointing. And I know nice size oysters are available, we had big ones at Luke the night before. The buffalo fried oysters were also small and soggy. I gave it a bonus point for the awesome location and the restaurant has a good feel to it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Seafoodless Seafood Gumbo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I ordered seafood Gumbo, which most would expect would contain some seafood. It did not. I tried to send it back for another containing seafood and the owner argued with me saying that I am not necessarily supposed to see seafood. Really?
I beg to differ. I was seated with two others who has a good amount of shrimp and crab in their gumbo. I said, "well if their's contains seafood, mine should too." He continued to argue the point and didn't offer to bring me another. Awful, you never argue with a customer who is not happy. Never again will I return to order pricy seafood gumbo that contains ZERO seafood.
Just awful!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great new place overlooking the Marina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice & sparkly new! Right on the water overlooking the Lakefront Marina. Sat outside on the balcony and it was beautiful. Had Shrimp & Grits first. It was GREAT! I am picky about my grits and these were soooo creamy & delicious. The shrimp YUM! Then we had an oyster poboy & a shrimp poboy. We like to split them so we get both great taste. They were really, really good! The service was excellent. I think his name was Jason (we were there 2-1-14 @ 12:30pm). Great service, great food & great view. Can't wait to go back someday.

Visited January 2014