“Phenomenal!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 504-598-5005
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, International, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Conti
Description: Kingfish features New Louisiana Cuisine from beloved New Orleans Chef Greg Sonnier. The menu reflects Greg’s Louisiana-centric approach to food. At the bar enjoy both traditional New Orleans style cocktails, such as the Sazerac or the Pimm's Cup, as well as modern cocktails created by New Orleans famous mixologist Chris McMillian.
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Everything we had at Kingfish was out of this world great! The rabbit dish is incredible and all the Prohibition-era drinks were divine. Our waiter, Robert, was absolutely fantastic and we loved every minute. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. Robert took great care of us!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
KingfishGM, General Manager at Kingfish, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the drinks and rabbit so much. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next visit.

Northumberland UK
“Good food, slow service, good customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

A stylish restaurant. Small but perfectly formed cocktails - Doctors Orders (bourbon, creme de cacao, Benedictine) and a Blueberry Hills with blueberry vodka. Great olives. Our mini buffalo 'slider' burgers were so slow in arriving but tasty. As were our mains which took so long the manager took the time to reassure us they were on their way and chase our order. We were then well looked after with complementary large glasses of Merlot and two fabulous deserts in recognition of the long wait for our dinner. Don't let our experience put you off as the food is good and the excellent wine and delicious desserts demonstrated their attention to customer service. My chicken and smashed potatoes were excellent, as was the other entree, seafood and alligator cassoulet!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
We appreciate the great feedback form your visit. We apologize for the mishap with the wait on the food and appreciate the patience and understanding on your part. We will make sure to share this review with our staff. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you when you are back in New Orleans.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great choice for dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stuffed Jalepenos were great to start. Olive salad with the french bread was a nice touch.
We had the Kingfish and the Seafood Cassoulet.
Dessert: Sweet Potato Pecan Pie and Caramel Apple Bread Pudding for dessert.
Everything was great!
Loved the cocktails (although they were on the small size).
Staff were all wonderful / our server Jeremy was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit so much. Jeremy does a great job at Kingfish. We look forward to your next visit and will make sure to have stuffed jalapenos waiting for you.

New York City, New York
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have a little story about my meal at Kingfish. Being under the age of 21 while in New Orleans is a little unfortunate. However, my waiter Robert wouldn't let a simple Shirley Temple fly. Instead, he took care of my drink order, bringing me a Shirley Temple on steroids with some kind of special cherries and juices...I didn't question the man because I was too busy drinking three of them. When it was time to order, I thought steak would be nice and safe. Robert responded with a look of disappointment. Figuring that he didn't steer me wrong with my drink, I ordered the chargrilled rabbit by his recommendation. Best meal I had throughout my trip, hands down. For dessert I had the sweet potato pecan pie which was also scrumptious. While the food was amazing, my night was made by the staff. While they were all pleasant, cheerful, and informative, I gotta hand it to my waiter Robert for going three for three with my meal. Plus, he gave my party and me tips on must-sees in the city and he was hilarious. He even gave me a Shirley Temple in a plastic cup to drink in the street so I wouldn't feel left out. He really turned an amazing meal into an unforgettable experience. I never write reviews for restaurants, but I felt compelled to after my meal at Kingfish. Go to Kingfish for dinner. Request this man to be your waiter. You won't regret it.

We appreciate the feedback on your experience. Robert does great job. Our staff takes great pride in making sure we provide a great time for our guests and assist them in any way we can. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the rabbit so much. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Legal sea foods: consider yourselves on notice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We booked Kingfish on the recommendation of a local. So glad we had some inside scoop! The decor is warm and delightful. If you are seated in the back, you can cross an outdoor courtyard to get to the rest rooms. Every course of the meal is wonderful, from drinks to dessert. My fish entree was served under a dome on top of a huge block of salt. So very different and delicious. But maybe best of all is the enthusiasm of the servers. They took a great meal to a higher level.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the wonderful review. The Pompano is a very popular dish at Kingfish. It means a lot that our service added extra to your experience. We appreciate the feedback and we will make sure to share this with our staff. Let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.