“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Cedar Park, Texas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Do not waste your time with Cafe Du Monde, these taste so much better! I don't drink coffee, so I have no input there, but the beignets are light, airy and wonderful. The service we received was excellent and friendly. We were the only ones in the restaurant, but don't be fooled by its emptiness, it's great!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Auckland
“Beignets great- Coffee just OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I tried 3 different places serving Beignets. This was the first place I tried. I really enjoyed the beignets here and would say they were the better of all 3 places. I have read post visit that the service can be shoddy. I went there early evening, there was no line, received delicious beignets and sat outside devouring them. There was no service (no waiter) so I guess I have nothing to complain about in that regards. The Cafe au lait was just OK- nothing special- a bit milky without any oomph to the coffee. In comparison of all 3- best beignets- New Orleans Famous Beignets, Best coffee- Café Du Monde.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good beignets.. spotty service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although the name is spelled wrong here, I'm assuming this is the same New Orleans Famous Beignets and Coffee we ate at. Our group of four walked over to Decatur St to have beignets at Cafe Du Monde on Saturday morning. Of course, when we go over there, the place was packed and a line streched down the block. We didn't care to wait forever for some beignets and we had 4 more who would be joining us later so we decided to try New Orleans Famous right down the road. The tables were full outside and there was a small line for to go orders, but we were able to find a table in the corner inside. We had a sweet little waitress who was busy but efficient. We had 4 orders of beignets, some frozen Cafe au laits and Bloody Mary's. The Blood Mary's were average, I expected more from a New Orleans beignet cafe. But they were very strong, so if you are looking to get drunk at 9 am, this is the place. Now the frozen Cafe au lait (vanilla flavor) was delicious and I could have one of those every morning. The Mocha flavor cafe au lait wasn't as good but still satisifying. We enjoyed the beignets but they weren't the best. When it came time to pay, I had to help the waitress had up our order and you can only pay with cash. Thankfully, we all had cash on hand, but there is an ATM. After our other 4 friends showed up, we moved to a larger table that had opened up. They had a different waiter than we did and he was horrible. We sat there for over 20 minutes waiting for him to wait on them, while he ran back and forth or the one other table still left. He finally came over and then became confused by their order of 2 orders of beignets and 3 drinks. We couldn't wait to get out of there. Next time I will wait forever at Cafe Du Monde, before going here again.

Average Beignets and bloody Mary's, spotty service, but delicious frozen cafe au lait.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Beignets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Like others, we discovered New Orleans Famous Beignets after refusing to stand in a long line at Cafe du Monde. It is right down the block. The beignets are equal to, or perhaps even surpass, those at du Monde and Famous has indoor seating! The latter was especially good for our visit because it was a chilly morning. I would imagine in the hot summer this would be a helpful feature as well. The staff is pleasant and efficient.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texarkana, Texas
“Very good Beignets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went here because the line to Cafe Du Mond was so long. The food here was great.
I would go here again.