“surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood Co.

New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood Co.
541 Decatur St., New Orleans, LA
Dining options: Late Night
Knoxville, Tennessee
“surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

So I'll admit I didn't plan on coming here I was planning on going to another place for a burger and it was tiny and packed without a seat in the house. So while roaming around I saw hamburger on the sign, best decision I made. The burger was amazing and juicy! I went with the Big Ch-easy with Swiss and it was out of this world and huge! The fries that came with it were also awesome. Also was a very good value.

“OMG!! This was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The thin fried catfish was amazing! My husband and I grunted and awe'd the whole time we ate..lol. Now that was good cooking!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Summerfield, Florida
“Great Fried Catfish.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Reading some of the other reviews I feel almost like I was eating at a different place. We chose to come here because we read about the Thin Fried Catfish at our hotel. We were greeted at the door and shown to a table for four. We were given menus and our waiter took our drink order. We had huge schooners of ice cold Ibita beer which is brewed In Louisiana across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans, We liked the Ibita Jockamo IPA so much we brought a case home with us. Since the reason for coming to this restaurant was to try the catfish we all ordered the Thin Fried Tower. It is sold as an appetizer but it is a huge stack of fried fish served with cocktail and tartar sauces and, for us at least, was ample for our dinner. The fish was amazing. Lightly breaded with cornmeal, crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. The manager walked by to check on us a time or two and we really felt welcome. We all wanted to return but there were just too many restaurants to sample in New Orleans so we did not make it back. On our next trip to New Orleans we will return to try the catfish again. And the cold Abita Jockamo. Great place in a great location.

“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for lunch on our way to a soccer game with most of the team. For a party of close to 20, I was pleased with the service and the timeliness of food delivery. The ordering of the food took some time since you order at the front.

The food wasn't bad. I got regular hamburger and onion rings. The hamburger was ok. I've had better and worse. The onion rings were great. My wife got a club on a poboy and it was good (portion size was too large to eat).

• Visited March 2013
Hendersonville
“Great surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were hungry and walking around the French Quarter. We decided to stop in here because at that there was not a wait to get a table. The catfish was really good and the red beans and rice, along with their bread was a great meal. The atmospher and price was really good. The service was pleasant but a little slow, but the food was worth the wait.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere