“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #52 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The room was more like being in your very own upgraded bedroom as opposed to a regular hotel room, which is a very nice change. The bathroom is huge with a wonderful walk in shower. Ample closet space. Comfortable bedding. Plenty of seating and floor space.This hotel definitely lives up to its wonderful reviews. The staff was very nice but could use a little more experience. Valet service could use a bit more fine tuning but all in all I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room that was huge!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My son and I were driving him back to Austin Texas for the next semester at UT. Coming from Orlando we knew we would have a long drive to New Orleans and need a quiet hotel. But I needed a trip to NO and some live music not a interstate motel. I spent a week looking for the right hotel in the right location for a fair price. Hotel Indigo filled most of my requirements such as 2 queen beds, valet parking, morning breakfast and location in the Garden District. The hotel was easy to access from I10 and right on the St Charles trolley system. We found the staff very friendly and efficient. I did have to show my confirmation as they tried to charge $20 over my reservation quote, but on showing the print ed confirmation the correct price was established. Room was spacious and had a nice bathroom. I found the lobby bar fun and well stocked. Highlight was the very friendly and talented bartender. We shared recipes and stories for some time and because it was early she was not busy and provided me a pleasant time to relax after our drive from Orlando. My only negative was not the hotels fault as the trolleys were not running here as the tracks were being torn up and new base was being replaced. This eliminated going to other areas of New Orleans but we gained more time in the Garden District and its beautiful old homes. I found the beds a bit soft and hallway noise can be heard especially when late night guests stumble up the hallways. Other than than that we had a good experience and I look forward to a return. This hotel attempts a different, more contemporary design, than the traditional antique fixture style of most of the other quality hotels in New Orleans and we enjoyed the look.

Room Tip: Has rooms large enough for 2 queens. King rooms would be very spacious.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I were traveling by car from Miami to Texas and booked a stay at this hotel to stop and rest. Our travel time took longer than expected and didn't check in until after 12am. Coming in exhausted as we were from driving we still came in with a smile but we were not welcomed with friendly faces from the two front desk attendants. They were far from courteous & made it seem like we were bothering them after 12am. We had our small Pomeranian with us & had to pay an additional $50 for him for ONE night, complete rip off. I called the front desk in the morning asking if room service could deliver us 1 disposable toothbrush and she basically told me I can come down and get it myself. And to top it off there weren't enough towels supplied. The atmosphere at checkout was pretty much the same. The only good thing about this hotel is the room decor. Not worth the money, at all.

• Stayed August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear Allyson1543,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am very disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service. I apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received at the front office. I sincerely hope this incident will not deter from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to provide outstanding hotel stay experience to all our guests.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Booked this hotel after reading TA reviews for a last minute Birthday getaway. We were greeted by very friendly valet and desk staff who quickly got us checked in and sorted in room 919.

The desk agent made several recommendations for dinner and we took his advice and made reservations for Mr. Johns Steakhouse just down the block. What a fabulous meal!

Excellent staff again the next morning at breakfast and checkout. Can't say enough about how pleasant everyone was; these folks enjoy their jobs and it really shows.

Beautiful and clean accommodations right in the middle of the Garden District! The only downer was the construction on the St. Charles rail line but the staff helped out again by calling us a cab to take us over to the French Quarter to meet up with friends.

Awesome time and wouldn't hesitate to book again!

Stayed July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Hotel Indigo is so charming x provided me x my family with 5 star treatment.

The check in was easy x fast! The initially have us the wrong room but immediately corrected x upgraded us! They even moved our stuff. The rooms are spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. They also provides by request a fridge x blow up mattress for no cost.

They staff are a true class act, so polite x accommodating. I felt as I was visiting family.

We are dinner at the hotel which was one of the downsides.. Although he food was great the wait time x dinner server was the worst. His follow up to the table was infrequent x he did not communicate the extended wait time. I could understand if it was lots of people but it was 3/4 servers to about 7-10 ppl in the dining so a appetizer or Cesar salad shouldn't take 35+ mins. Breakfast was totally different food was fast x servers friendlier.

The gym was 24 hours x is efficient. The other plus was how the staff accommodate kids. They have free toys to kids at breakfast x allowed kids to babysit their resident fish! It was so cute! I did wish they had a pool!

Parking took forever but the valet open doors for all x asked if we need direction to anywhere. They didn't unload your car considering it cost $34 they should.

Overall the hotel indigo will be a top choice when I returned to NOLA. Although a boutique hotel it can compare with 4/5 diamond hotels.

• Stayed July 2014
Maynard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for a family trip and were given an excellent corner room, so I am not certain if all the rooms were as large as ours. The shower was roomy and the fixtures in the bathroom were quality. The staff was nice, and contrary to some reviewers we had no issues with the valet service - just call about 10-15 minutes before you need your car. We did not do breakfast as there was not really a hopping scene there for the food - but right across the street we found a place that does eggs / sausage/ bacon sandwiches for like $3 and they were delicious. Cool part of NOLA, but the St. Charles trolley line is under construction in front of the hotel, so you need to take a shuttle bus down about a mile. From the pace of the workers we saw (some were sleeping in their construction vehicles) - this construction is likely going to take a long time!

Room Tip: We had a corner room - it was awesome.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My friends and I stayed for 3 nights while in town for a girls weekend. The hotel was clean and the staff were the perfect example of southern hospitality. The streetcars and buses made it easy to explore the rest of the city! I definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed July 2014