“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

In the past I have always stayed in the French quarter but this trip I decided to stay closer to Tulane campus. Hotel Indigo was the perfect location, easy to get to campus and easy to get downtown. The room was good size and the staff were very friendly. I would stay here again and recommend to anyone looking for a hotel in good location in New Orleans.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed there this weekend for 3 nights - we were part of a wedding block. Upon walking in Friday night, the young man at the front desk didn't even greet us - he just looked at us and said "last name?" OK not a big deal. We went to our room and were excited since it was a corner room. The room was contemporary and spacious - big plus. However, the toilet was disgusting - we were shocked! There was poop on the seat and bowl! Come on, not cool! It was as if they didn't even clean the toilet - it was impossible to miss! After telling the ever so personable young man at the front desk someone did come clean it right away. Also, there was no coffee for the morning and we had to request it at the front desk.

In the morning we noticed several things. The hardwood floor had some sticky stains near the bathroom and front door, there was what seemed to be ketchup (at least something red) that was also sticky on the floor under the desk as well as several sticky streaks on the rug. Even the red carpet in the hallway was grossly dirty and had spots everywhere. To add to that, our coffee was yet again not replenished on our second day and neither was the shampoo and conditioner.

My wife is IHG Gold member and stays in IHG hotels often for work and we have never seen a hotel this unclean. Upon checking out, we essentially told the young lady at the front desk only the fact that there was no coffee and no shampoo/conditioner replenishment. She wasn't apologetic at all, in fact had no reaction except to bring us each a cup of coffee.

The ONLY reason why the hotel is in good condition is because it is relatively new. However, if this keeps up, in a year, this hotel will feel the impact of the staff not caring for the cleanliness of the hotel and even more so the staff providing poor service. Totally not acceptable Hotel Indigo - you are supposed to be a hip and cool hotel but this is not the case!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Ricky L,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the service you received and the cleanliness of our property. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

"Quiet" for me may mean "boring" to you. The hotel is definitely away from the action, so make sure you know what kind of a NOLA experience you want before you book here. Valet service was a little slow at check-in, but we didn't have any issues with the valet for the rest of our stay. My favorite parts about this hotel were the HUGE bathroom, the comfortable bed, and the modern design elements. The rooms had a lot of personality. Being away from the tourist areas takes a bit of planning, so make sure you have your day planned in advance. The street car does drop off right in front of the hotel, but if you've been drinking in the quarter and your feet hurt and it's 2AM and you don't feel like trying to figure out where the heck the streetcar is, you'll find yourself using a Taxi. A lot. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, the bar looked nice (although we never stopped in), and I really liked the high-end Aveda toiletries. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay.

Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was our second stay at a Hotel Indigo - San Fran and now N.O. I will always look for these properties any time I travel. I just love the feel of the hotels. Very plush without being stuffy. Trendy without being silly. This one is right on the street car line so all of the city is just steps away with your $3 day pass. The room was very clean and stylish, the bathroom was big with a welcoming shower. Enjoyed a nice breakfast in the lobby so don't skip out without stopping for a bite before you run out for the day!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I came apon this hotel randomly the first week they opened. It is gorgeous, in a great location and the staff was so friendly. I loved the room, it felt very luxurious and was enormous. The shower was huge and so relaxing, but the ONLY problem I had was in the shower. I think I may have been the first guess to stay in the hotel because in the shower there was a loose rock with a very sharp edge that I cut myself on. Nothing serious but it was still annoying.

• Stayed January 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Indigo would be inconvenient to Downtown and the Quarter were it not for the street car line right at its front doorstep. With that, fifteen minutes or less and you're right in the middle of everything.

Buy the $3 day pass; you'll save a dollar or two and you don't need to worry about keeping the right change handy.

The hotel rooms are spacious and clean; we had a standard king on the 9th floor, looking out across St. Charles toward the river. Nice view, and quiet.

Breakfast is good; try the District, and enjoy the grits, in particular.

Room Tip: Ask for the 9th floor, facing St. Charles Avenue.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear shetlandskid,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Parker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Came here to celebrate an anniversary and attend a wedding and I have to say that the hotel overall lived up to my expectations. We were very convenient to where our friend's wedding ceremony which was across the street at the House of Broel and wedding reception up the street at Emeril's Delmonico. We were able to get downtown and the french quarter and other attractions with ease. This hotel had easy access to nearby bars, pubs and restaurants and even had a Walgreens within a few blocks. We took advantage of hotel breakfast every morning which was quite filling (shrimp and grits is a must!) and used the valet several times a day, which was quick and efficient and well worth the $20/day fee, even with the late/early hours of us coming and going. Executive King room was perfect and decorated nice and quite clean. Enjoyed the complimentary USA Today in the mornings and business center was good. Housekeeping was quick, staff was prompt, friendly and knowledgable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel. My only two gripes, hotel elevator is super small and although I asked for a mini fridge to be put in my room upon making my reservation b/c I have insulin that needs to be kept cold (refrigerator not standard in the rooms, no extra cost for one to be delivered); upon our arrival refrigerator was not in the room, but it was delivered within 20mn. So staff corrected the mistake promptly. Very impressed, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 321, Exec King Room, which was all the way down the hall at the end. We did not h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District? Share your experiences!