“Wonderful location and parking too!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #47 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Marietta GA
“Wonderful location and parking too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Have often stayed in NOLA but this was a first for the Hotel Indigo. We have family in the city and the location was perfect for us. The staff was absolutely terrific. Loved the decor but actually the best part of our 3 night stay was the warm ambiance of the hotel itself. Someone mentioned that the parking was expensive but really it was a deal, as parking in NOLA is at a premium and many other hotels charge more. Plus all the parking valets were great guys. Also the restaurant on site was a great place to have a quick bite, wish it was open for lunch. We will certainly stay there again when we return..

Room Tip: Higher is better as there is constant traffic on St. Charles,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay in a very convenient and pretty New Orleans location. Decorated in the boutique-hotel fashion, the rooms are very comfortable, cool & well-appointed. The bed was especially lovely and plush. We had a few pre-dinner drinks outside in their seating area off the sidewalk which was cool, although I was not impressed by the bartender's concoction. My only complaint would be about the smell in the lobby, which I do not think could be attributed to the hotel itself. It seemed that in the evening hours a pervasive odor pervaded the entire first floor area, our best guess was that it was an issue with the sewage in the neighborhood. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant 'welcome home' after a day of NOLA exploring. Otherwise, the hotel was really great - we definitely took advantage of the streetcar stop right outside the door and our three day Jazzy Pass.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

By far this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at in New Orleans! The staff is very friendly and helps with any needs you have. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The décor is recycled from Katrina and is very sharp. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The shower was spacious and beautiful. The bartender was awesome, she makes the best sazerac in the state! Staying in the Garden District allowed us access via streetcar, foot or by car to the warehouse district for excellent food. I would highly recommend this hotel as a "must stay" while in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Any room would be a great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent three night stay at this beautiful hotel. The room was very nice, spacious, and well cared for. The location is great, in the lovely Garden District, with some good restaurants nearby. The best thing about our stay was the great treatment by the staff, especially the valets. They plugged in our plug-in hybrid car every night, which let us tour NOLA using only electricity. We also enjoyed the lobby bar, with a capable and friendly bartender.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

While my wife and I were looking forward to exploring New Orleans, the highlight of the trip turned out to be our hotel. As return visitors, we appreciated the change of pace that the Garden District neighborhood offered. It was great to be able to have the St. Charles Ave. Streetcar line right outside our hotel door to take to and from the CBD and French Quarter. There were a lot of great eateries within short walking distance and Magazine Street was a healthy stroll away.

As for the hotel itself, I would say that it succeeded in its effort to be a stylish, boutique-style hotel with some local touches. My wife, a New Orleans native, ordered a shrimp po-boy from room service and found it to be thoroughly authentic. I took advantage of the fitness center and found it to be spacious and accommodating. That said, what really made this hotel stand out was its customer service. From our first encounter with the valet parking to the front desk to housekeeping, everyone was earnest and friendly. The best example of this was what happened after my wife mentioned an unfortunate hospital visit early in our stay to a housekeeper in passing. We woke up the next morning to see not only a get-well note under our door but also a balloon weighted down with a pack of granola treats. Now *that’s* what I call caring for your guests!

There are two slight negatives I feel obliged to mention: 1) I noticed what I found to be an odd smell in the elevators. At first, I found it reminiscent of a substance that was not legal in Louisiana. My wife, on the other hand, felt it was some sort of potpourri. Having sensed the same smell for the entire stay, I'm inclined to believe her. Nonetheless, I still found it a bit off-putting. 2) The entry way to our room was a bit narrow, making it a bit awkward for one person to hold the door for another. That made it a bit awkward for us to hold the door for one another, let alone when housekeeping or room service came to visit. That said...

At this point, we find the Garden District neighborhood to fit our style when visiting New Orleans. And when we return, it will be to the Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here last weekend for Essence Fest.....my was I pleasantly surprised. Exceptionally nice room, with nice art, beautiful hardwood floors, Large and spacious bathroom (no bathtub) and a comfy bed. There's a nice lounge area in the lobby along with a bar and outside seating. The staff was ok- no complaints there. There's a trolly pick up right outside the front door. The room itself was very modern and fresh feeling. It was a nice stay.

A few hang ups- The cleaning service comes by at 9am banging on the door to "ASK" if you want cleaning today????? Of course I want cleaning. They insinuate they don't want to really clean your room therefore they knockly, loudly, on every door just to ask if you want cleaning today....and if you do they'll come back later......it was sooooooo annoying. Why not let guests sleep and start cleaning around noon instead of waking up people who recently went to sleep to find out if they want a cleaning later? This was my number one pet peeve with this place.

I also was disgusted by the carpet in the common hallways....smelled really bad.

Small elevators but not a major issue. It's an old building and they obviously kept the orginal structure.

I would certaintly stay here again......but when I do I;ll let them know at check in don't bother cleaning until I leave because I don't need a 9am wake up knock!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Large spacious rooms; modern decor; clean and new. Trolley stop outside entrance takes you to French Quarter and walking distance to the dome. Will be my first choice when I return to NOLA in the future. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District? Share your experiences!