“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of French Quarter Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added French Quarter Suites Hotel to your Saves list
French Quarter Suites Hotel
1119 North Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (Central Business District)   |
Special Rate
Suite Special
Ranked #31 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice - the first time I was in the main part of the hotel in one of the rooms around the courtyard pool. The room was big and comfortable, but a little dark. The second time my group & I (11 in total) were put in one of the town houses which was incredible. The house was amazing: there was a sitting room, 3 bedrooms (each sleeping at least 2 people, I think), a kitchen and bathroom on the ground floor, then upstairs there was another bathroom along with a huge bedroom which had 4 double beds and 2 single beds. The decor was very traditional but it felt very homey, the beds were very comfortable.

The hotel is right on North Rampart Street which is minutes away from Bourbon Street and Louis Armstrong park but the road is very quiet at night.

There are 2 pools but I have only used one which was in the main courtyard. It was quite chilly as it didn't get much sun on it but it was a welcome relief after being in the stifling heat of a New Orleans afternoon.

Breakfast was included in the cost of the room but was very minimal: there was fruit and you could have cereal or toast with orange juice, water or coffee.

We had a slight problem one night trying to use the phones in the house to order pizza so we just popped over to reception and the lady there was very helpful and happily let us use her phone to place the order and kindly sent the delivery man our way when he arrived with our dinner!

Next time I go to New Orleans I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If travelling with a large group I'd definitely recommend going in one of the town houses. It...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BPM-Hotels, General Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thanks for the review. I am glad to hear we delivered the quality service you expected. The townhouses are an awesome way to enjoy New Orleans when traveling with a group. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Happy Holidays!

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
canmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

By far one of the more authentic stays on this trip to NOLA. Just minutes walk to Bourbon Street and Louis Armstrong park next door. Nice to get off Bourbon Street for a little more peace. Room was in the heritage section of the main home with a private porch as well as a shared porch off the main stairwell. Noted others complained of just having a shower and no tub, really, we didn't go to NOLA for a tub. although hot water would have been nice. When we mentioned it in the morning they asked if we had complained, touche. We should have said something and I'm sure they would have taken care of it. The staff was all very friendly even though we never saw the same person twice. Two small pools to choose from. Breakfast was included however was rather weak. Other than the waffle with the Fleur de Lys imprinted on it there wasn't much going for it. Would definately recommend this to people looking for a historic experience. The price actually looked a little to good to be true. We were very pleased and shocked it was so inexpensive. Not unlike any other city be prepared to pay to park. On the upside you can actually get a spot so we really didn't have a problem with it. If you are fan of the Hilton or the Westin this is not for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BPM-Hotels, Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks, It was great to have you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed before at the Embassy suites on Julia street.The hotel manager was rude and I immediately wrote to headquarers so they could fire her. This hotel do not try to intimidate you or strss you to the point of checking out or be forced to get away of internal politics!The French Quarter Suites Hotel is a premier property with staff that has matching qualities!

• Stayed October 2012
It was great to have you stay with us, Hope to see you again soon!
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Booked 2 rooms here for 2 nights for a ladies get a way. The staff was very helpful on the several times I called prior to arrival. Patrick was the greatest !! It was easy to find.You have to pay 25.00 to park. It is well worth it. Parking is secure with a gate that you have a key for, and t it is monitored by camera. Not on the beaten track with the other hotels. That was nice allowed us to get away from the crazy. Our 1st rooms were very nice.clean and as expected. You could hear the people upstairs but, oh well you are in New Orleans. We had an issue with the door on one room. After many pleasant attempts from the staff and unable to repair it, we were moved to a very nice up grade. They not only moved my room but also the girls in the other room, so we were able to stay together. I must say they more than made up for the door. It was amazing. The breakfast was well, hotel breakfast. The first day no waffles and they call sunny delight juice ,yuck. Second day the waffle maker was working. The pool looked very nice. The staff was amazing. Answering questions making wonderful suggestions. We were given plenty of towels without having to beg for them.We had great hot water the first night, luke warm the second, and cold on the morning we left. Not sure what that was about. It was very easy to walk to the main areas, and the taxi only cost us about $ 6.00 to most places.Modern it's not, but $400.00 it's not either. great location, clean, very New Orleans, great staff. For the price it well worth it.

Room Tip: Spend a little more get the junior suite. They also have the 4 bedroom with 3 baths, living room,ful...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks it was a pleasure to have you stay with us!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nine of us shared one of the Townhouse Apartments, and I was very impressed!! The apartment had 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living area, kitchen and bar. The apartment was well equipped, with good quality showers and comfortable beds and although the decor was a little shabby the place was clean and the linen etc was good quality.

The pools were both nice and well-maintained and there was plenty of seating. The breakfast wasn't much to get excited about, but it was included with the room and was unlimited.

The location was great, only 5 minutes walk form Bourbon St but was nice and quiet at nights.

I didn't see any of the normal rooms, so can't comment on them but the apartment we had was great and would suit a large group looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Great to hear from you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Parkland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently returned from a business trip to New Orleans. During the trip, Hurricane Issac hit New Orleans closing the airport for several days. The owner, Blake Miller and his staff went to extraordinary effort to safe guard their guests and to make their stay comfortable and enjoyable. I strongly recommend this property and commend the staff!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks Mr. K., It was great to have you with us I hope all is well with you!
Martindale, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Rooms are just OK; location is perfect BUT - staff are not helpful, parking is an extra $28.00 per night, there is no bar, lounge, anything and for me the worst part came after we left - I realized we had left behind in a dresser drawer two rather expensive Mardi Gras masks we bought as souvenirs for the kids. I called the front desk - the bored sounding woman told me "oh well we don't keep touristy junk it would just have been thrown out' - really? Why did she assume it was 'touristy junk'? I know she did not go up to the room to look for them as I asked her - she was too lazy. I called for two days before I got the manager who made up some nonsense story about how 'they were accidently thrown out' - really? Stuff left in a DRESSER drawer gets thrown out? The masks were stolen - end of story - and the hotel manager could not think of a way to make up for that awful situation. Don't stay here. This is not hospitality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BPM-Hotels, Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am very sorry this happened. As you know, no hotel is responsible for items left behind. Having said that, we did our very best to try and locate these items you left behind and unfortunately despite our efforts, we were not successful. The room was immediatly rented the next night and we even asked our new guest for permission to enter their room and search. After several searches of the room, the lost and found and the housekeeping department, we were left believing they were discarded in the trash. To say they were stolen is really not fair. I truly wish they would have been packed and traveled home with you and I am very sorry we could not find them and send them your way after your departure. Patrick Berthelot, General Manager.

Been to French Quarter Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!