“Can't say enough good things!” 5 of 5 stars

Inn on St Ann
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1013 St Ann St, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #41 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Denver, Colorado
“Can't say enough good things!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I have been to New Orleans many times and have stayed everywhere throughout the city. This was probably our favorite place for location, budget, cleanliness and privacy. The bed was so comfortable I had a hard time getting out of it, shower pressure was great and the room was adorable. It felt like we had our own apartment and you really get the full Quarter experience being in the neighborhood. Easy walk to everything, friendly, helpful staff and beautiful courtyard!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We are thrilled to hear the Inn on St Ann has topped your list of places to stay in New Orleans! It sounds like our comfortable beds, clean guestrooms, helpful staff and fair price point were exactly what you were looking for. We truly appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to having you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties upon your next visit to NOLA!

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

W recently visited NOLA for the Saints-Atlanta game and had a wonderful stay at the Inn on St Ann. The room was small, but comfortable and meet our needs for pleasurable sleep. The location was wonderful, in the midst of everything Bourbon (loved it)! The hotel staff was very helpful in providing suggestions for game day locations and great food options, without the tourist flavor, or pricing. I definitely recommend the Inn, especially for couples. We will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us for the Saints vs. Falcons football game (WHO DAT!). We are so pleased to hear you found our location to be so ideal and our staff to be so helpful. The highest form of compliment we can receive from our guests is to hear you would not only recommend the Inn on St Ann to others, but will be returning upon your next visit to New Orleans! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again!
Orrville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived really early and were happy to find that they had a room for us that we could check into. The only catch..it was on the third floor which can only be accessed via 2 long, winding, rather steep staircases. Not a huge deal, but if you drink like most people do on Bourbon st then manuvering them can be kinda tricky.

We were there for decadence and this location was perfect. 2 block walking distance from Bourbon St and virtually adjacent to another Decadence bar.

The room itself was nice,clean and up to date, and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Only advice...if you dont want to deal with so many stairs make sure they put you in a room on the first or (at least) the 2nd floor. The only thing that wopuld have made this place better was if there was a pool to come back to in the evening after being out in the heat all day.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor to avoid so many stairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Inn on St Ann with us. It sounds like our prime location, clean and newly renovated guest rooms and friendly and accommodating staff were exactly what you were looking for! We apologize for the inconvenience of not having an elevator, as the Inn on St Ann is a historic property. We find that our repeat guests request certain floors, and even specific rooms, when re-booking with us and we are more than happy to place you in a first or second floor room upon request. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!
Lindon, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was a little surprised to see how small my queen bed room was--the room was barely larger than the bed and a side table. But I knew that I was only going to be sleeping there and gone all day, so I didn't mind. Besides, this hotel was half of the convention hotel where my event was held. The room was extremely clean with high-quality linens and towels. The bed was extremely comfortable with ample pillows. The bathroom had marble floors and high-end furnishings. Two small complaints--the sink didn't drain well, and the air conditioning remote didn't work. Luckily, the unit was on and that combined with the ceiling fan kept the room cool enough in the humid August weather of New Orleans. I stayed in the Marie Laveau apartments across the street from the Inn. This is a very old and historic building, so be aware that some aspects of the building may seem sub-par. The doors look original, but that means they are not really soundproofed. My room looked out on the courtyard, and I was awakened by other guests at about 2am. I could hear the noise through my earplugs, so they were unusually loud!! When I first arrived, I didn't get in until after midnight. Luckily, other guests were walking into the main part of the Inn as I would have needed a key. I walked to the back of the small lobby and called the night manager who was off-location. Fortunately, the manager arrived very, very quickly--I was exhausted, but I got into my room within minutes As a single female, I was a little leery of walking in this neighborhood, so I took taxis to my convention events.

Room Tip: I would speak directly to the hotel staff when booking a room as the rooms are quite varied.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Inn on St Ann. We are pleased to hear you found our price point to be so fair and our staff to be so efficient. You are correct in mentioning that the size of the guestrooms do vary and we always suggest booking directly through the hotel so we can help you pick the room that best suits your needs. We apologize for the AC remote not working during your stay, and will make sure to address the issue to ensure it does not happen again. However, we are thrilled that you found your bed to be so comfortable, with high quality linens, and guestroom to be so clean. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!
West Columbia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just returned from participating in the Red Dress Run in New Orleans. I'm so glad we decided to stay at the Inn on St. Ann. The staff was unbelievably friendly! They called me Friday morning to tell me that they had a problem with my room and my options were for a room. I had originally booked a room with 2 double beds; and they told me they could get me in two rooms with a double bed (or one bed) in each or they could move me to a suite at another location. Since I had a change in plans and there were only going to be 2 of us (rather than the original 4 we at first anticipated) I told her all I needed was one room. She had a room with a king bed in it and gave me a discount on the room. It worked out great! The location was also perfect! The run started and ended at Armstrong park which was less than half a block away from our hotel. Loved it! It was also convenient because it was so close to Bourbon - if we needed to go back to the room for anything throughout the day - it was very easy. This hotel was close to everything we wanted to do - and that made it worth every penny! One more plus (at least in my book) is the historical nature of the hotel. I'm already prepared to make my reservation for next's year's RDR!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
It sounds like the Inn on St Ann was exactly what you were looking for in regards to accommodations over the Red Dress Run weekend! We appreciate your kind words about our "unbelievably friendly," staff as customer service is our number one priority! We look forward to having you back again for next year's Red Dress Run!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

A good online deal was what brought us here. We stayed two nights for a nice little getaway. The overall room was nice, I didnt like the fact that the room was close to the main entrance and that you can hear just about everything that was going on outside the room, as well im sure they could hear what was going inside as well if we were loud enough. When we first arrived the guy at the front desk didnt look very friendly and seemed annoyed that guests have arrived. After the first day we never saw him again and the rest of the staff was great. Our room didn't have any windows, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice. I think the room used to be part of the living room and then later divided to make separate rooms. There's also a patio but we didnt go out to look at it. It's located on the northern part of the French Quarter right by the entrance to Armstrong park. It's only a short walk to Bourbon St also, so if you plan to stay in the French Quarter the entire time, don't rent a car, just have a shuttle drop you off and pick you up. If you're travelling on a budget, its a good place to stay. It's not located in a noisy part, nor is it too far from everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Inn on St Ann with us. We are pleased to hear you found our price point to be so fair, our staff to be so great (minus your initial check-in experience), as well as our prime location to be exactly what you were looking for! We appreciate your candid feedback and hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties for your next getaway in New Orleans!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Marie Laveau Apartments at the end of May this year. We loved it. Let me start off by saying that we travel to NOLA a minimum of once per year, so we know the lay of the land and how things work there. I did my homework on location, prices & parking before I went. We booked the "One Bedroom Queen Suite" via the Inn on Saint Ann website which had a variety of reasonable rates. We almost always stay at the same B&B which was booked up, so the Inn on Saint Ann was my next best choice and located in the part of the Quarter that I like. The apartments are located directly across the street from the Inn on Saint Ann. There are 2 buildings that are part of the apartments. Room #45 is an upstairs room. The staircase is narrow and a little steep, so if you have young children or trouble climbing stairs, this would not be the place for you. Once you get to the top of the stairs, the apartment is fabulous. It has a large living room with a full sized couch & pull out sleeper, an extra chair & a nice sized flat screen TV with cable. It has vaulted ceilings, a mini fridge, a coffee maker, a remote controlled window unit & a ceiling fan. The bedroom is separate, has a wardrobe, nightstands & a chest of drawers. There is also a flat screen TV in the bedroom. The ceilings are a low & are slanted which makes it a little hard to get around if you are tall. There is also a remote controlled window unit in the bedroom. The bathroom is huge. It has marble floors, a separate stand up marble shower, a nice big tub, and a huge vanity. The bed was comfortable and the entire apartment was quiet. The apartment was also well kept and very clean. Housekeeping does a great job. We would stay here again.

Now, if you drive to New Orleans or have a rental car, be aware that the closest parking lot is 5 blocks down at North Rampart & St. Louis. Parking is about $30 a day, which is standard for New Orleans.

My only improvements for this place would be to put a trash can in the bedroom or the living room, and to add some extra lighting in the bedroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind remarks regarding your stay in one of our Marie Laveau Suites! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time in New Orleans as well as the Inn on St Ann. It sounds like we hit all the right points from your clean and spacious suite to our prime location in the residential section of the French Quarter. As you indicated that you would stay with us again, this is the truly highest form of compliment that we could receive, as our goal is to turn a one-time guest into an every-time guest! We look forward to having you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Been to Inn on St Ann? Share your experiences!