“Excellent - would highly recommend.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Buy Two, Get One FREE!
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent - would highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booked this place on booking.com late on as it seemed pretty good value and the location seemed good on a map - when I arrived I was bit skeptical of the street and once inside we were told we were staying across the road at the Marie Laveau apartments, I was initially put off by this as I wasn't told at the time of booking and it looked a bit shady from the outside. Turned out I was totally wrong - the room was great, on a nice little courtyard. Both the room and the bathroom were immaculately clean. You had to use a pass card to gain entry into the courtyard so the security wasn't a problem.

The location was 2 blocks from Bourbon Street (although it was the far end of Bourbon street a few blocks from the main action) and Duane - the guy who greeted us, recommended some great local places including a little dinner 2 blocks away whose name escapes me.

Overall I'd highly recommend this place and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Inn on St Ann! We apologize if your room being located in the Marie Laveau Annex threw you off at check-in, however we are glad to hear that you found both your guestroom and the building itself to be so lovely! We appreciate the kind remarks and look forward to having you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I just got back from our weekend in New Orleans. We have both been there several times and generally always stay in the French Quarter. We stayed at the Inn on St. Ann this time. It was a nice place but did have some minor issues. We arrived on Friday and we were greeted by Duane who was quite helpful and informative. He even told us where he thought the best parking was (5 blocks away). This was problem number 1, (we knew this ahead of time) there is no on site parking and the one 5 blocks away is $17.00/night (cash only). Once we got checked in we then went to our room, on the third floor, this in itself is not normally a problem but there is no elevator in the Inn, so we carried our luggage up the narrow steep stairs. The room itself was nice, small but nice. It was just a king size bed, two night stands and the bathroom. Really though what more do you need. Would I have liked bigger yeah but did I need bigger no. I wish they had provided a luggage stand though. The room was clean and comfortable though. My third complaint was that the rooms walls are a bit thin, I will leave it at that. You are 2 blocks off of Bourbon, so overall the Inn is quiet. If you want a place to knock you socks off then don't stay here. If you want an old New Orleans house that has been converted, then this is a good place. I liked it and I will probably stay again or at a sister property next time I am back in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and would consider returning upon your next visit to Nola! Unfortunately, as you mentioned, parking is at a minimum in the French Quarter and public parking does come at an additional cost. However, we do offer private gated parking at our sister property, the Lamothe House at a rate of $20 per day. We also provide pedi-cab transportation from the parking lot to the hotel at check-in and from the hotel to the parking lot at check-out. Our agents are happy to arrange that for you at check-in and we are sorry that option was not presented to you.

We truly appreciated your comments and look forward to the opportunity of having you back at any of our French Quarter Guest House properties! We know your stay will be nothing short of excellent!
Middlesex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

To me this was better than staying at a chain hotel. It truly made me feel like I was in the French Quarters and had a nice exterior appearance and upscale interior experience. The staff was very nice and accommodating whenever we had a request. I loved the little courtyard and my husband enjoyed unwinding out there prior to going back to the room. Cute tables and chairs so you could easily pick up food to go and picnic here.

The only thing I would advise is that you have to call if you are checking in later as there are three different properties and only the Inn on St. Peters has an all night staff. We called when we were 15 minutes away in the taxi and someone was there to greet us when we arrived so it was fine but definitely something I wish they made you aware of when booking. The price beat the surrounding properties and was far enough from Bourbon St. for peace and quiet. I would most certainly stay again if I returned.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Inn on St Ann and that you will be returning upon your next visit to Nola! We strive to turn first-time guests into repeat guests and consider this to be the highest form of compliment!

Thank you for your feedback regarding our previous lack of an overnight agent at St Ann. We are currently in the process of hiring an overnight agent for the Inn on St Ann and should have one in place in the next few days! Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The Inn looks very recently renovated. The room was very upscale. Large and surprisingly quiet (I was assigned one on the street) Very charming buildings and courtyards on a quiet street just 2 blocks from Bourbon. A much better option than a standard hotel. My only complaint is that I was assigned a room in the very lovely but across the street Marie Laveux House. A lovely room , but an unwanted and unexpected surprise while traveling. The wifi happened to be down while I was there too. Overall, I recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and not only would return to the Inn on St Ann again upon your next visit to New Orleans, but also would recommend us to others! That is truly the highest compliment we could receive! We apologize if you were caught off guard by your room being located in our lovely, and also newly renovated, Marie Laveau House across the street from the main Inn on St Ann building. However we are glad to hear you enjoyed your room and location of our property in the heart of the residential section of the French Quarter. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had to schedule a last minute trip to NOLA, and knew I needed a quiet place to recharge between meetings. The Inn on St. Ann totally fit the bill. I arrived late for check-in, and did need to wait to have the night manager walk over from the St. Peter's property. The streets are pretty safe in this part of the Quarter, so I wasn't worried. Duane was very welcoming, and checked me in very quickly. He told me about their breakfast - just coffee and fruit, and reminded me about how close the Clover Grill is for a tasty greasy spoon breakfast (two blocks, maybe? a quick, tasty, cheap eggs and toast brekkie is a quick walk away).

My queen room was across the street at the Marie Levau property. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bathroom, while small was stocked with lovely Aveda products and more towels than I could ever use. Check in the little drawer in the sink cabinet for the hair dryer. I felt completely safe, and the room was nice and quiet. It is possible that I just didn't have a neighbor, but I was happy. The A/C ran pretty quietly, and I didn't even need the ear plugs I always travel with. Did I mention the beautiful exposed brick in my room and the adorable courtyard with a fountain and tables and chairs for relaxing drinks and quiet reading time?

The back end of the Quarter is my favorite. Lafittes is just around the corner, and the Clover Grill served my scrambled egg needs. I love walking through this historic quarter, and staying at the Inn on St. Ann allowed me to feel a real part of the history. It's not a full service hotel, but I don't really need all that attention. I was happy for a coffee maker, a hair dryer, a comfortable bed, and some friendly faces. This is probably my new go to spot in NOLA.

Room Tip: The rooms across the street (Marie Leveau Apartments) in the back building are probably the quietest...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Inn on St Ann with us and others on TripAdvisor! We are so pleased to hear everything was to your liking and we were able to ensure your stay was nothing short of excellent! It sounds like our prime location in the residential section of the French Quarter was exactly what you were looking for! As you mentioned possibly returning to the Inn on St Ann upon your next trip to New Orleans, we suggest you check out our three other French Quarter Guest Houses properties, as they are all located in the quieter residential section of the quarter and boast the same great private courtyards! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went to New Orleans for 4 days. We had excellent vacation, the place is very feasible for everything. You do not need a car. The place is so clean and cosy, and also the staff is.

Definitely will go again. Appreciate everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Inn on St Ann! We agree that it is not necessary to have a vehicle when staying at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties, as our prime location puts you within walking distance of all the must-see's of the city! However, should you require parking, we do offer a private gated lot at our sister property, the Lamothe House, that all of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties guests are welcome to use. We are thrilled to hear you will be returning to the Inn on St Ann upon your next visit to New Orleans and look forward to seeing you again!
Hillsboro, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a small inn property in a preserved old building. We were in the Marie Levau property across the street. You are one block off Rampart and Louis Armstrong Park ( don't go there).
Bourbon street is up St Ann about 5 small blocks, and then another 4 blocks or so and you are on Jackson Square. It is close enough to walk everywhere, but far enough from Bourbon Street to avoid the noise..and the smell!

Room Tip: There are only small windows in the door..and there was no coffee maker
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and others on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our great location, as this is the number one selling feature for all of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties! We are in the process of ordering new coffee machines for all of our guest rooms and will have them in there shortly. In the mean time, we continue to offer Community Coffee (a New Orleans local favorite) in our lobby, along with fresh fruit. We appreciate your feedback and hope you think of the Inn on St Ann upon your next visit to New Orleans!

Been to Inn on St Ann? Share your experiences!