“Dey Know Ya Mama and Dem” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #246 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Description: I cannot believe this isn't already on your site!!!
Description: I cannot believe this isn't already on your site!!!
New Orleans
“Dey Know Ya Mama and Dem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Freret Street is great. One of the reasons is Midway Pizza. We went down the street to Ancora because we like thin crust authentic pizza, too, but they were full and they don't know who we are. So we walked down to Midway and they welcomed us in and made us feel at home. We've been there about eight times, but whether they know us or pretend like they do it doesn't matter. They make us feel at home and they take good care of us. "Glad to see you back," they told us.

Now I ALWAYS want my restaurant to know who I am. This is New Orleans after all. That's what keeps me coming back. And the food? I had the Thunderbird pizza and - well - I destroyed it. Fact is, the deep dish pizza is wonderful.

Thank you Midway for making me and Lori feel at home EVERY time I come. I had to extend my time at the gym today to work off the bacon, but ... that's why I excercise in the first place. Keep up the great customer service and keep treating customers like neighbors. And make the pizza fat free and calorie free. Just joking. MMM

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great pizza joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We love midway. They have a great bar (beer selection - draft and bottles), the atmosphere is cool - fun artwork. Last but not least the pizza is the star of the show - we got one pizza, on one side was meatballs, caramelized onions and green onions and the other half was roasted chicken, bacon, peppers, onions and chipotle bbq sauce. Great for couples and for families - we have been for both.

Visited July 2012