“OMG Good.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
“OMG Good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very friendly atmosphere, busy, and sometimes a wait. But well worth the wait- our plate were about $20 each but they were full and had a ton of food on them. By far the best food I had during my stay!

Visited February 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“Great Spot, Great Bartenders, Great Gumbo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Because of it's location, because of it's outdoor dining, and also because of it's cool indoor bar, we stopped here several times. Had to have the gumbo and it was worth it. Had the Jambalaya another time and found it extremely satisfactory. And of course because we were in the Big Easy we had to have bread pudding; excellent bread pudding! One hot day (are there any other kinds in April?) after a Katrina Bus Tour we stopped in for drinks; bartender made us up some Hurricanes (kind of appropriate) - but not those generic ones with premix slush - good thing we weren't driving - awesome! The second round, in a to-go cup might have been excessive - made the already lumpy French Quarter streets . . . Staff were completely friendly every time we were there; as I said, we returned several times.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Goochland, Virginia
“Gumbo Pot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Loved the Cajun seasoning and flavors. Would have liked a larger selection of non fried food though. No fresh oysters only fried!

Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
“Average about sums it up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast one morning and it was good for what we wanted. A spot for a warm breakfast. It was just ok and nothing spectacular. It's good if you need a warm meal and most other places are too crowded...

Visited January 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Overpriced Tourist Trap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch while walking around the nearby Mall. I should have looked it up on my phone at Trip advisor, which I customarily do for places I have never visited. Anyway, we were just going to get a sandwich and beer, it appeared busy, so I figured it could not be that bad. I was shocked when I saw the prices and my gut told me to get up and leave. We both ordered a catfish po-boy and a cup of gumbo. The gumbo was the worst I have ever eaten and smelled putrid. The po-boy was about average. It is ashame after reading all the bad reviews that this restaurant has stayed in business. I think they feel they can just charge the tourist outrageous prices and serve mediocre food at best. You could surely eat a fine 2 course lunch at Commanders Palace for what this place charges. Of all the excellent places to dine in New Orleans I am disappointed that I wasted our time and money on this meal.

• Visited January 2013