“Hunt for the perfect gumbo has ended” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant R'evolution is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,516 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bourbon Street
Transit: Canal at Bourbon Street
Description: Serving Lunch Wednesday-Friday, Dinner daily and Sunday Jazz Brunch. Restaurant R'evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto offering modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs' interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo, po' boys, and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as "the swamp floor pantry." Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying.Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hunt for the perfect gumbo has ended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

When a local recommends a place in the quarter to experience a certain cuisine trust them!
I have always loved gumbo and I have had the good, the bad and the..what the heck is this?

I ordered my gumbo along with a traditional gin fizz in the bar.The gin fizz was by far the best I ever had.Here comes my Gumbo! It was pure perfection ! I could tell just by looking at it This was going to be good! The flavor was perfect not too spicy but not bland. The color was like a dark gravy thick and full of flavor one large shrimp sat on top along with crawfish tails and bits of fish.

Do yourself a favor ,stop in and just order a cup of gumbo,,You will be glad you did!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A must for every foody”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We have heard of this great take for several years and finally made a visit. They shower you with friendliness, service and attention, in a caring way. The menu is incredible, so take your time and enjoy each mouthful. We sat near the kitchen and the atmosphere was terrific. There is also an elegant dining room and be sure to take a stroll in the court yard after dinner. We are definitely going back

Cuenca, Ecuador
“Truly Elegant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

To be sure, there will always be a few unsavory characters to be admitted with their attitudes, shorts, t-shirts and inappropriate demeanor - but thankfully hardly enough to spoil this very beautiful restaurant in the French Quarter's Royal Sonesta Hotel. The high ceilinged crown molded rooms are old world French South. French doors with thick moldings and rich colors and classic lighting. The menu here is very complete and actually reasonably priced. the idea is to accommodate several choices in one evening for a full taste experience. Some combinations may surprise! Tables are solid dark wood and unclad - the only disparity with the grand scale of decor, yet practical and inviting. The Folsom Tramonti chef duo definitely know what they are doing. Very extensive wine list in IPad format...

Visited August 2013
Minden, Louisiana
“Everything Was Very Good Except The Pork Chop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I had an early dinner there on August 2, 2013. The restaurant was beautiful. The staff was friendly and attentive. We had the beer-battered crab beignets and the fire roasted oysters for appetizers. The beignets were well worth it, but we would probably skip the oysters next time since Drago's charbroiled oysters are so much better. For entrees, I had the seared sea scallops and fois gras (a first for me). It was rich and delicious. My wife's entree was the problem. The waiter really sold an off menu special of a berkshire pork chop from a pig named "Elvis" that was reportedly raised and slaughtered at Chef Folse's farm in Eunice. Not wanting Elvis to have died in vain, my wife ordered it, but unfortuneately it was tough and not very flavorful. We also had the mashed potatoes with creole cream cheese which were good but nothing exceptional. For dessert I had the bread pudding creme brulee which was good. My wife's dessert was good also. They also brought dessert cookies which were really good. Overall, we had a really good meal, and I would probably return if I could convince my wife. However, when you pay $35 for a pork chop you expect it to be exceptional.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
new orleans
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My experience had its pros and cons. I liked that I received a phone call confirming my reservation but felt it a bit pretentious when I was told there was a business casual dress code, which was fine, but it followed by a description of what business casual was not. Only to be in the middle of my dining experience to be intruded on by a group of people in shorts and sandals getting a tour of the restaurant by someone reciting loudly the history of each room while people stand around your table. This was unfortunate for me. The Pig Out Board was fun. It was a lot of food for 2 people. It was served with several salamis and head cheese, terrines, pate, it had several petit jars of homemade jams and jellies, like a peach and curry jelly and caramelized onions that had a hint of honey (I think), etc. The appetizer sweetbreads were awesome, there were 2 nicely sized circular pieces pressed into 2 inch layers & surrounded by bits of popcorn sized deep fried sweetbreads with an herbsaint meuniere. Turtle soup was the best I have ever had. The side of the bowl was painted with a pungent mustard so altho you didn't eat it, the aroma gave the flavor essence. WOW. The filet was dry aged if you like that. The stone ground grits had a weird earthy flavor like you could taste the stone or dirt. We couldn’t even eat it. The Sea Scallops and Foie Gras was very good but no wow factor for me. There were 3 scallops on top of a truffle white bean puree that was merely a garnish for the scallops to sit on, so wish there was more of that. A piece of foie gras balanced on top that was sort of bland if you can imagine that.The amouse bouche to start was a nice surprise and the complimentary jewelry box filled with sweets was a nice touch. Service was OK. Its weird that napkins are not on the table when you arrive and we received our first course and had to ask the waiter for them, then had to flag down someone else because he forgot!! Having multiple servers is confusing too since someone came by and asked us if we wanted bread and then 1 minute later someone else stopped by and we had to say we were already serviced. Then a third person came by with the bread basket that you have to point so they can place a piece on your plate :o( Then a another person comes by to ask if you want a butter plate, Geez. Each room has its own ambiance. We were in the room with the turtle soup recipe on the window, plush, linen table cloth, beautiful chandelier. Another room was like a tavern with wood block tables, another room overlooked the open kitchen. Overall it was a nice experience and great food but I wouldn’t be running back only because of the cost and disjointed service.