“Great Food, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant R'evolution is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bourbon Street
Transit: Canal at Bourbon Street
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily (through December 2014) and Sunday Jazz Brunch. Restaurant R'evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto offering modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs' interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo, po' boys, and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as "the swamp floor pantry." Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying.Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.
Cincinnati
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The crab sandwich is amazing. My wife and I went there twice to get it.

Their peanut ice cream which is made in house is also very good.

We had the same waitress each time and she was very efficient and friendly. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated...great vibe.

R'evolution is now on our short list of restaurants that we will return to the next time we are in New Orleans.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle
“Great food, but can't we all just get along?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went to R'Evolution last night intending to have some drinks and nibbles and stay for dinner, but the cranky bar staff changed our minds. To be fair, the food was delicious. Innovative, beautifully presented, very balanced and delicious. We enjoyed everything we ate. Unfortunately, the bartenders seemed not to like each other and spent most of the time we were seated at the bar grumbling and snapping at each other, complaining about glassware and wo should be doing what. Probably due to their overall irritation, they were the first bartenders we've met in New Orleans who were generally unfriendly to their guests as well. It killed our celebratory vibe and we decided to seek out another venue (which we found at Cochon, where the staff was as wonderfully memorable as the food).

Go to R'Evolution, but sit in the dining room where the service is hopefully more professional and on par with the food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Death by Gumbo - true dat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Our last night in New Orleans after jazz fest weekend. We sat in the dining room along Bienville, which was nice and a bit quieter. Have read about slow service, though our waiter was attentive and very helpful with advising about our choices. We asked and they let us share the decadent Death by Gumbo for an appetizer - we split it and it was so crazy rich I thought I might not finish it! Entrees: I had the triptych of quail. Beautiful presentation and equally good to eat (deboned breast and minimal inconvenience w the bones in the leg quarter, my husband had the scallops (w white bean purée) -so good. All of the food is beautifully prepared. Dessert was the white chocolate bread pudding. It was the only thing all night that was average (though beautiful). This place is a little bit pretentious and definitely pricey, but good for a splurge meal.

Toronto, Canada
“This high end eatery knows their game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Simply one of the best culinary experiences Nola has to offer. Three words of advice - Death By Gumbo.

new orleans
“Excellent food but a few hiccups with service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Like another posting this month I really want to like this place. First off, they assume everyone is a tourist. And you get a cheesy spiel about the food, chef folse and the "2500 year old" sinker cypress counter at the kitchen area. I tried not to roll my eyes but was unable so my waiter marked me as a troublemaker. Before we were seated, had a drink at the bar. They don't take your drink order, they just slap the novelty drink menu in front of you and walk away. 5 minutes later a different bartender took our order. She sloshed the drink when she set it down. The tonic water in my drink was flat. They opened up a bottle under the bar and topped the drink. That was it. And they do a really soft pour...maybe an ounce and a half. You can tell they hate the weird martini glasses because they only serve them less than 3/4 full. More sloshing, I suppose. We made reservations a month in advance. They advised us that they do two seatings. We took the 6:45 time. We were led to the infamous worst table in the house right by the hostess area. Honestly I was aghast. I told them we were local and could we please be seated at a better table. They graciously complied. Aside from the snarky waitstaff the kitchen really know how to cook and we were very pleased with all our selections. The "death by gumbo" and the fried oyster salad were superb. Beef selection was stellar. I was surprised that the seafood selection was a bit meager. Ok, the lacquered duck breast was huge but had a weird metallic aroma. The desserts were very good. This place is a real destination restaurant and should be enjoyed at least once. iMHO, they need an overhaul at the front of the house, but I don't see that happening so I'll go elsewhere.