“Great hotel with only ONE problem.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   821 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #70 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Alabama USA
“Great hotel with only ONE problem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

This Hilton Garden Inn is a great hotel. The location couldn't be better because being in the Business District of New Orleans makes it more affordable than the hotels of the same category that are located in the French Quarter. At the same time, it's just 2 blocks from the French quarter, so it's perfect for someone who is going to visit New Orleans for either leisure or business.
The hotel is elegant, the staff is great and the rooms are very comfortable.
One thing that makes it different from all the other hotels I have visited is the fact that it is built on top of a parking building. The administration offices and front desk are situated on the 11th floor! . That probably makes the hotel safer and also the fact that in order to use the elevator the use of a card is needed, so no stranger can go to the hotel floors.
It has a nice restaurant. We only had breakfast there but it also offers lunch and dinner. Breakfast was very good and the staff was really friendly.
I can't find anything I didn't like about this hotel as far as service, room, staff is concerned.
The only thing we didn't like was the fact that every guest HAS to use the valet parking service. There's NO other choice and it is NOT cheap. As a matter of fact, it was very expensive in my opinion. We paid $26 per night, even though we didn't use the car everyday and it stayed parked most of the time we spent at the hotel. This, of course, made our stay more expensive that we expected. This is the reason why I gave a rate of only 4 for 'value'.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Great service, overall happy with the hotel. Stayed on the business level, which was excellent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

The rooms were nice, close, but not too close, to the French Quarter. Street Car stop 1/2 block away. The desk attendants, although very friendly, knew very little about the city they were in, in regards to transportation, restaurants, sightseeing. As this was our first trip to New Orleans, we we sort of hoping for better information. The A/C in the room never seemed to be quite cool enough, so beware if you are traveling in the summertime. All in all, for the money (we went for JazzFest), a good deal, walking distance to the French Quarter and seemed to be in a safe neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

I enjoyed my stay here. The bed was very comfortable. Room was clean. Service was very nice. Everyone said hello, good morning, how are you? I would of given it 5 stars but it is a bit on the other side of the french quarter. Quick walk to Harrahs, mothers etc.
I left a personal item at the hotel and the hotel offered to mail it back free of charge. It was very quiet, not a lot of doors slamming etc. I would stay here again. I sell furniture for a living and thought the mattress was very comfy, the pillows were nice, and the linens were soft.

They have a $12 breakfast buffet which I did every morning even though there was a bagel place across the street. Nothing spectacular, but the griddle lady made me a huge egg white omelet every morning. That and my wheaties made me good to go..

The fitness center had a couple of machines but the main one was broken. Nice treadmills.

They have a little pantry that you can grab beer, snacks, microwave meals and then you pay the front desk. Beers were $3, snacks $1 etc. very reasonable.

Also a little 24 hour free business center that you can check your email, fax and print documents. Not bad at all.

enjoy!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
North Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

First of all...do yourself a favor and if you have a car, take the valet service. Now, whether or not you have a car, do yourself a favor and use the massage chair in the garage area. It's there for you to enjoy. I wasn't sure, so I went and sat in it. When a parking attendant came by, I asked if it was a problem that I was there. He stated, 'That's why it's here, for the customers.' I used it everyday. Hotel was quiet and the room was clean. I had a bathtub that was backing up and called about it. Within minutes, maintenace was there to fix it. Great JOB! Another bonus - Free Internet! Here's the bad....First, the ice machines don't work on every floor, so you'll have to go to the floor with the working ice machine. Not a biggie in my book. Second thing....Don't bother with the breakfast on the 11th floor. I went and looked...horrible.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Kihei, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

A friend and I chose to stay here because of Hilton membership, and the rate wasn't bad either. We also chose to stay here because of other reviews on tripadvisor and from the said location (only a few block from the french quater). The hotel itself was unique, quiet, and clean. The rooms were very basic and somewhat on the small side, but we weren't in NOLA to stay in the room. In any case, I was happy with the cleanliness of the room and the fact that it had a small refridge and microwave. The website states that the hotel is only a few blocks from the French Quater, which it is. However, as two females in our mid twenties, we did not feel safe walking to the french quarter from the hotel during the daytime. We knew to take a cab at night, but even the day time walk made us feel uncomfortable. Also, I had gone to NOLA to experience the culture side of it and not necessarily to stumble back to my room at 3am. From the location of the hotel, I would have preferred to stay near the water which also seemed to be a much cleaner and more upscale area of the french quarter. In any case, if you are a traveler looking for the party scene, this place may just work for you. If you prefer to see the sights and enjoy the food in a cleaner part of town, I would recommend that you stay near the water.

All in all, I wouldn't stay at the hotel again, but at no fault of the hotel's. After a small incident with our trip, we had to check out a few days early. The staff was very understanding and made it a smooth transaction. We drove to NO and parked our car at the valet service at the hotel. Each day is around $29 including tax. When we checked out, we paid our days for the valet and left. However, a few weeks later, we received a charge on the credit card from the valet service at the hotel for the remainder of our original stay. In other words, we were charged for our car being parked there after we had already driven home. We immediately contacted the hotel, and they credited the account without any issues.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I just spent three nights at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD. It was a great stay. The Hilton is clean, with large open rooms. This was the quietest hotel stay I have have in a while , with no hallway, wall, or outside noise. The hotel is well situated for the French Quarter, and for Harrah's. It is a few blocks from the French Quarter, but a nice break from the noise/action of Bourbon Street. The rooftop pool is tiny, but we spent some time on the roof hanging out.. While you are in the FQ, be sure to hit the Acme Oyster company for a lunch/dinner, and NOLA for a great dinner.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD? Share your experiences!