“I would definantely not stay here again.The service is terrible and there are MUCH better hotels in the area” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD

You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   821 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Pkg!
Ranked #75 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Clark, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter from 05/21/2014 through 05/25/2014. There are some positives and some negatives about this hotel but overall I would not recommend or stay at this hotel again.

I think its important for me to comment on my "Hilton Experience" first and foremost and it is with happiness that I say I am a FORMER Diamond Member. Before I booked this hotel I called the hotel DIRECTLY and SPECIFICALLY asked if roll away beds were available in the rooms because I had a party of 3 people in one room and everyone wanted their own beds. I was told by the employee that roll away beds were available and that I would be able to get one in the room although space would be tight. I could have booked a THREE bed room at a Choice Hotel for cheaper but I took the word of the employee I spoke with that I would be able to get a roll away bed. Fast forward in time, we checked in the night of 05/21/2014 at approx 9:30 p.m. and were checked in by another one of Hilton's most miserable (female, I think named "Kursten"). Imagine my surprise when the employee told me AT CHECK IN that due to fire code regulations they are not allowed to put roll away beds in the rooms and there was nothing that she could do about it. The funny thing is that the hotel has a sign that says "Your satisfaction is more than a goal. It's a promise. We promise to do whatever it takes to ensure your satisfied or you dont pay. You can count on us. GUARANTEED". Maybe instead of producing signs that spell out the garbage rhetoric of Hilton, the employees actually read the sign and learn how to make it happen, ESPECIALLY WHEN the guest (myself) was lied to and then I am the one left to figure out how to explain this to the other members of my group who simply wanted their own beds.

So much like the receptionist's attitude at check in, I will start with the negatives first because I don't believe this hotel deserves to have the positives listed out first (even though in my opinion there are only 3).

Negatives: If you need a roll away bed, regardless of what a employee tells you on the phone, the hotel does not put roll away beds in the rooms. (So if people in your party want their own beds, look else where)

The beds at this hotel are really not that comfortable even with the different adjustments available.

The safe in our room did not work, not much attention to room functionality. (Room 1211)

The workout room is decent but this one has one of those horrible Precor Treadmills which are like running barefoot on solid pavement.

They do offer breakfast, in my case I was given two coupons for free breakfast every day, which is good except that I had >> 3 << people in the room. The receptionist said its two coupons per room because it was assigned according to the amount of beds in the room and not guests staying in the room. (Really, maybe some common sense training is needed instead of that garbage promise rhetoric) Needless to say, we just did not eat breakfast at the hotel because one of the individuals in the room would have had to pay something like $13 for breakfast.

The Positives:

The hotel is pretty close to Bourbon Street, less than a 5 minute walk.

The hotel has a nice roof top terrace on the 18th floor which has a pool and offers really nice city views.

The workout room is ok, except the treadmills.

Room Tip: The key to getting a good room is not staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
First and foremost let me apologize for the poor communication from our team about the availability of roll-a-way beds. I certainly can understand where this would have cause confusion. For future reference we are limited by the fire marshal as to which rooms we can put extra beds in and the amount as we have to maintain a clear path of egress in the event of an evacuation. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I absolutely will address this with my team. Hopefully you'll give us another opportunity in the future.

Warm Regards,
Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel was nice, clean and quiet. The work out room and pool were great. The staff was amazing, all were so helpful. Marlo in the dining area was great. Very friendly and fun. The check in and check out was very efficient. I would absolutely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
It was great of you to take a moment to recognize Marlo and the rest of the team. I will make sure that we post your great review for all of our associates to read. Come back to New Orleans soon. Kristi Taglauer, General Manager
Marinette, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were very happy with the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was perfectly clean and had a nice view of the city, and the rooftop pool was perfect for cooling off after a hot day of sightseeing. The breakfast servers were exceptional. All in all a good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Clean room, great staff and an awesome breakfast. Thanks for letting us know we hit all the buttons! Join us anytime, Kristi Taglauer, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Spent 1 evening in this hotel. Check-in was easy and efficient. As a Gold HHonors member I was upgraded to a corner suite. Room was large with ample space. Room was clean. Location is perfect, ~5 blocks from Bourbon Street. Close enough to the action, but far enough away to enjoy some relaxation. Breakfast area was not crowded and service was excellent. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much! As a Gold Hilton Honors member we certainly appreciate your business and the great review.

We look forward to your next visit,
Slidell, LA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is an excellent place to stay when in New Orleans. It is near the French Quarter and is central to the business areas of downtown. It is quiet and comfortable. It can be overpriced during key events but that is the case with all NO hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

New Orleans, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

work related trip, hotel in good location, staff was friendly and helpful. We were able to get good directions when leaving and they were very accurate. A very busy location, but they handle it well. We skipped one breakfast, but our first breakfast was good, the cook was backed up at times.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

If staying at this hotel, bring your own pillow. Be ready for an uneven bed---an old bed with ridges that will not disappear no matter what you do The beds in my room had adjustments--unfortunately they didn't work. One bed's adjustment functioned and made the bed firmer--so the unevenness was increased. The restaurant breakfast staff is ever so excellent!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our guestrooms and we will use your comments as we look for ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Warm Regards,
Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD? Share your experiences!