“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD

You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   821 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Pkg!
Ranked #75 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Neenah
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went to New Orleans for the first time to plan our wedding. I didn't know where to stay so when I was looking for a hotel I knew I wanted to be somewhere in "the middle" of things. The valet parking was awesome, I didn't worry about my car being outside and possibly something happening to it. The room was nice. We were only there for a few days so we weren't looking for anything spectacular. The pool was on the roof which I liked. My fiancee sat and and a cigar while we swam. I wished it was bigger because if there were others in it with us it seemed a little crowded. I liked that the elevator wouldn't work unless you had a room key. It was nice to sit outside though and see the other buildings. Being that my 16 year old daughter was along I didn't want to be right on Bourbon Street but we could see a lot from the roof. The staff was very helpful with attractions that are near by. We weren't able to see any of them because we were on a very tight schedule. We checked out very early and it was quick and easy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter! Our location does give convenient access to the French Quarter and other sites with just enough distance to be an oasis. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us.

We hope you travel our way again soon!
Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went to NOLA for Satchmo Summer Fest. Outstanding! Hotel was recently renovated and is very nice. Parking is tight but the attendants were always responsive and had our car waiting whenever we asked for it. Were able to walk all over French Quarter from the hotel. A bit of a walk but it help work off all the Great food!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Satchmo Fest is a great time to visit New Orleans and we are happy to hear that the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter completed the package for you! I am so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms so thanks for letting us know.

Come see us again,
ouside US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

A nice surprise when checking in was that we were given breakfast vouchers when we thought we had 'room only'-rate. Had two rooms. Must admit we were a bit jealous on my friend's city-view-room when we had nothing but 'the courtyard' behind our curtains.

Oh well. Beds fine, bathroom good. Close enough to French Quarter. Liked the fact that all rooms were high floor. OK, parking is expensive, but knew that before coming.

A bit disappointed when we had to call house keeping extra, due to sickness. NO, it was not a result of too much drinking or anything. Anyway. Was briskly handed a couple of extra towels and a bottle of bathroom cleaner and told to clean up before the lady disappeared. I mean, I understand she might be afraid to catch something and I was prepared to clean up myself and all that, but I had a couple of questions for her, but she was gone before I had the chance to ask them.

Nothing exceptional, but all in all a fair hotel in a city that has its share of less inviting accomodation that 'the ordinary work force' can afford. Might considering it again if I can get a good rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review with us. It's always good to get the feedback even when it offers areas for us to improve. I'm glad you enjoyed the great location and comfortable room. We'll certainly follow up on the housekeeping response as even though it's not anyone's favorite mess to clean up we certainly should have handled that for you. It's never fun to be sick away from home.

Hoping you're feeling better!
TOULOUSE, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Outrageous price of valet parking ($28), extremely noisy in-room air conditioning that doesn't leave you any other choice than cutting it off and be too warm or be cooled but no sleep, you'd better avoid this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Please accept my apologies for the interuption of the air conditioning unit. We know the value of a restful night of sleep and I am so sorry that we did not provide that for you. Thanks for bringing it to our attention so that we can continue to focus on creating a better experience for our guests. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Safe Travels,
Tampa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of the French Quarter. The sign in staff was ok. Not overly friendly, but ok. The room is clean and tidy; however the bed is hard so that impacted our rest and the satifaction of our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks for your honest comments about the mattress comfort. I wanted to make sure that you were aware that our Garden Sleep System can be regulated for individual comfort. Every bed is equipped with a dial on each side of the bed that allows you to personalize the setting for firmness.

We know how important a good night's sleep is and I apologize that we did not accomplish that for you. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity and I look forward to serving you again soon.

Memphis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Doors on rooms would not lock properly. Room service delivered cold red beans, burnt gumbo and a club sandwich so dry and bacon so burnt the birds would not eat it. Staff was friendly but did not make up for the poor quality of our stay. Pool is for kids only 3-4 feet. Cannot swim without feet scrapping bottom. Just not a place to stay a second time. Killed the romantic weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were disappointed in the comfort and amenities of our property. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here very much and would stay here again. The room over looked the river and pool. It was family friendly and the restaurant down stairs was great. The location is very accessible to the interstate which makes it easy to get to and from the hotel from I10. There is a Trolly car right out side that can take you towards the French market to reduce the amount of walking. Also, if you have small children its an easy walking distance to river walk mall along with the IMAX and Aquarium.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for spending your family vacation with us and we're so glad that it was a great one! We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter and hope that you'll come back to us soon.

Warm Regards,
Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD? Share your experiences!