“OK Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   821 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #64 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Columbus, OH
“OK Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Decided to stay here to be close to French Quarter. The room was the same as other Garden Inns but staff not nearly nice. I felt I was bothering the click in the morning. Valet parking was a pain. No number for the valet anywhere on the ticket or in the room. Sorry I had to bother the desk..she didn't want to call them either. I should have stayed at the Four Seasons and saved twenty bucks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Please know we strive to make sure that you have an outstanding stay but I certainly appreciate your honest feedback. Rest assured I will address this with our team members as our guests should never feel they are interrupting or bothering us. That behavior is certainly not acceptable. I sincerely hope you have the opportunity to visit New Orleans again and will give us another opportunity to show you what our true service potential is.

Warm Regards,

460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Wisconsin, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the September 2012 AARP convention and I was very please with the hotel and the staff. I can only echo what others have said here. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Upon our arrival, the lady at the front desk recommended a restaurant for lunch. She recommended The Store across the street from the hotel and we were extremely satisfied with the food. The Store draws a large local lunch crowd, which is always a good sign. We had gumbo and a shrimp and avocado salad. The restaurant offered to split the salad for us at no extra charge.
While we didn't get the double bedded room we requested and AARP said we would get, my friend and I made due with the king room. In fact, the hotel upgraded us to a extended king room when I explained our circumstances.
The hotel is in the perfect location for walking to the French Quarter and other attractions, yet it is a few blocks removed from all of the noise of that area. Additionally, the hotel begins 11 floors above the street level, which contributes to the quiet comfort of this Hilton Garden Inn. When I return to New Orleans, I would check into staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a quiet inside room away from the street noise. The view was nothing to look at, but it was...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thanks so much for letting us know that you had a great visit at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter! The AARP group was awesome and we enjoyed having them in New Orleans. I am so glad that our quiet yet convenient location worked well for you.

We look forward to having you back in New Orleans!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here on a recent trip to New Orleans. The staff was excellent. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. They recommended wonderful places to eat and visit. This hotel was in walking distance to the heart of New Orleans. This hotel helped to make this trip to New Orleans a wonderful experience. I will definitely stay here again during my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
New Orleans is a great place to visit. Our staff is a great resource for local eateries and things to do and I am so very happy that you were able to take advantage of this. At the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter we do everything we can to make your stay in New Orleans the best it can be.

Here's hoping you make it our way again soon,
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here for in early August while in the process of house hunting and moving down to New Orleans. I got the room with a $60 bid on priceline and of all the similarly priced hotels I have stayed in over the past month (which is more than I would like), it was by far the nicest. I also stayed in the Holiday Inn Downtown/Superdome, and the Courtyard by Marriott in the Warehouse District, and the Hilton Garden Inn had much larger/nicer rooms and the nicest gym. I was able to park on the street pretty easily near the hotel and could walk to many neighboring restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thanks so much for taking a moment to let us know that you had such a good experience at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. Moving is tough so it's nice to know we made you comfortable. Now that you've moved into town, please refer us to all your friends and family that will be coming to visit!

Warm Regards,
Kristi Taglauer, General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel at the last minute on Priceline for a spur of the moment night out in new Orleans. There were five of us trying to stay in one room, so when I called to ask if there were any double beds left, I wasn't surprised to hear that there weren't any. I mentioned over the phone, " darn, Priceline always works out for me, the boys will sleep on the floor!" had a laugh with the woman, and thanked her for checking. When we went to check in (with sleeping bags in hand) both receptionists were very kind and fun, greeting us with, "checking in to a king room are we?" while surveying our sleeping gear. We had a laugh said yes! We love to camp! And she let us know that they had heard about our predicament and were upgrading us to a suite that had a king bed and a pull out sofa. We were absolutely not expecting this, especially after getting such a discounted rate from Priceline to begin with! We thanked them immensely and the room was gorgeous! This hotel has a wonderful staff that will try to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed June 2012
Well talk about taking lemons and making lemonade! Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. We work hard to make sure we accomodate our guests as best we can.

Bring the troops back again soon,
Bossier City, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I loved this hotel....from ms.scarrlett at the front desk made check in n out quick n simple..... to mr.tim at the bar to ms. Amanda in hotel restaurant....everyone was sooooo friendly.... the room was big with a lot space.... and i loved the short walk to bourbon st n canal street.... oh rooms comes with microwwave n frig....pool is very small....oh the elevators move very fast....overall everything i was looking for and more

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Wow! So great of you to let us know that you enjoyed our services at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. We'll be sure to share your comments with Scarlette, Amanda and Tim. It takes great team members to create a great experience for our guests.

Hope you're in New Orleans to visit us again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

A well designed Hilton Garden Inn. The first 10 floors are a parking deck. The lobby is located on the 11th Floor. Great elevators and very friendly staff (especially Floyd the bellman). A easy 10 minute walk to the French Quarter. The room was comfortable and the rooftop was gorgeous. The small workout room is great but the pool is really tiny. Nice icemaker with self service laundry machines enclosed on every floor. The room was fine but our room #1721 had a noisy AC unit that got worse on day two. Also the towels were lacking and I found a Hurricane "stain" on my comforter. The small fridge worked well and the flat screen tv was nice. I really liked the tall ceilings and with better linens this hotel would really rock. The water pressure in this hotel is lacking but it least the water was hot. Parking was 28 dollars a day but this is New Orleans and at least you have in and out privileges.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Your feedback is great and rest assured we'll get that air conditioning unit taken care of. Thanks for giving Floyd props and I'll make sure we share your comments with him. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit!

Come visit us the next time you're in New Orleans,
Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD? Share your experiences!