“Don't Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   114 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, United States
“Don't Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel staff are complete morons. They aren't helpful at all and don't explain anything about payments, reservation details, or accommodations. There was food in my fridge when I checked into my room as well. I would never stay here again and I go on many trips a year.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 504-648-0444.

BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Berwyn, IL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Trying to avoid going home to the cold and snow Chicago had we detoured to NOLA. We stayed at the B/W St. Christopher Hotel and this proved to be a great selection. Located on Magazine off Canal Street we were close to all the action. We turned our car over to the valet at check-in and we did not need it until we checked-out three days later. We look forward to returning to NOLA and St. Christopher.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for staying with us. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and hopefully you will have the opportunity to enjoy some more of our southern hospitality on your next visit.
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I flew arrived in New Orleans with only two hours of sleep and arrived at the hotel at 11:30 a.m. for a check-in. I was told by the female at the desk that they would call me when my room is ready. I returned at 4:00 p.m. and was told that the room was still not ready. In the meantime, I witnessed guest after guest receive their room keys and proceed to their rooms. At approximately 5:00 p.m., I walked back up to the desk and after giving them the low down on my day to that point was handed my room keys.

Opening the door to my room, which resembled a walk-in closet in size was shocked to see that they had giving my travel companion and me just one bed, full in size. I proceeded back down to the desk to voice my complaints about the check-in wait time and my subsequent displeasure with the size of the room that they assigned us to. I was told that since I did a booking with a third-party (Hotwire) that nothing was guaranteed and they did not have any other rooms available.

I returned to my closet and called Hotwire to voice my displeasure with everything to this point about the service of the hotel and the accommodations that I had pre-paid several hundered dollars for. The Hotwire rep agreed to call for me and said she would get back to me immediately with a solution as she placed me on hold. A few short minutes later, the hotel said that I had lied to them and that there were three people traveling in my party and if I wanted another room I had to pay for it. The fact that I only requested two keys upon check-in and that there was only one person traveling with me should not have given them any indication that there was a third person which there wasn't.

I would not stay at this hotel again if it was the last hotel standing in my favorite city. Never once tried to do anything to assist us during our four day stay.

Room Tip: Do not book with a third party
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We absolutely enjoyed it! We were in town for the Sugar bowl and it was very busy, but the staff remained friendly and very helpful. Keith who is the valet manager was very accommodating! The rooms were exactly as described, cute and quaint. The hotel suited all of our needs and was very close to everything. They also allowed us to check in 2 hours before! We will stay here from now on when we are visiting New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for a window and non smoking!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to tell other guest about our wonderful hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed staying at our hotel.We take pride in making sure each guest experience is a memorable one. We are pleased to know that our hotel is in a great location for you to enjoy our beautiful city! Once again thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western St. Christopher.
La Grande, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel has the historic details and character that you desire in a New Orleans hotel with all the modern conveniences. It is the perfect location, walking distance to Superdome, waterfront and French Quarter. In fact, it's better than staying "in" the French Quarter because it's quiet, clean and reasonably priced and just a walk across Canal Street to all the action.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The location of the hotel was excellent. Centrally located; about 5 blocks to Bourbon St and 1 block to Harrahs and 3 blocks to the mall. Parking was only via valet and it was $28/night w/ in&out privledge but we ended up not moving the car at all since everything was very convenient. The trolley was $1.25 each way or I think $3/all day. Walgreens was about 1.5 blocks away.

The rooms were clean and the wall were a bit thin. The 1st night we didnt hear anything and beds were pretty comfortable. The 2nd night, we heard snoring but thankfully w/ all the walking, we were all out pretty fast. The rooms were pretty good size though our room didnt have a window, the "fake" window as a mirrow w/ curtains :-). There's also a fridge in the room. The staff were also very friendly. Breakfast was one of the largest continental selections we've seen for a stay that includeded breakfast. The eggs and sausage were watery but there are lots of pastries/yogurt/hardboiled eggs/fruits/cereal, etc. to choose from. Overall, we'd come back to this location again.

Room Tip: Better to choose a room w/ a window.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel was a good value for what you pay, but the services were all poor. Our room wasn't cleaned for two of the four days we stayed, the parking prices were ridiculous (it's valet only) and we had to wait over an hour for our car after checking out due to a front desk mistake that was not apologized for. The location is great, but if you want pleasant service, this is not recommended.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel? Share your experiences!