“Victim of a scam because of the staff at the front desk” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   114 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #100 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norfolk, Virginia
“Victim of a scam because of the staff at the front desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was victim of a scam less than 10 minutes after checking in. Just after entering my room, I received a phone call from someone pretending to be the manager of the hotel and saying that there was an issue with my credit card. She asked for my credit card number again and the day after, I received a phone call from my bank informing me that I've been victim of a fraud... When I inquired about this to the front desk, the just said they forgot to tell me about the scam that was going on and that they were sorry. Having your credit card blocked to prevent further fraud on it while you are on holidays is not really helpful...
Moreover, the cleaning ladies seemed to be a little overwhelmed : we had to ask for clean towels everyday and the bed had never been made during our stay.
Other than that, the hotel was great but I will always have bitter memories of my stay in this Best Western.
I might be able to get over it at one point and update this review to include more information about the hotel itself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BWChristopher, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I am so sorry that you were a victim of this credit card scam. To help curb this issue 6 months ago we put all information concerning the scam on the Lodgenet television sytem in every guest room. I am very sorry that you experienced this issue. If there is anything that we can do to help please do not hesitate to call us.

Front Office Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hello!

We stayed here for the night before a cruise in April. Literally 5 minutes after we checked in my credit card, which was only used there, was stolen! Thank goodness my credit card company is amazing and called me about suspicious charges. After contacting Best Western about this I was told "they sent this to higher management" and then never heard back from then. Nice hotel, shady employees.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I am very sorry that you experienced the credit card scam that is happening in the hospitality industry world wide. To help cut down on this scam the St. Christopher Hotel put all scam information on the Lodgenet T.V. sytem in all the guest rooms this sytem has been in place for a long time. Again I am very sorry if there is anything that we can do to help please do not hesitate to call.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is well located and the price was very reasonable compared to others in the area. It was an amazing surprise not only because we liked a lot the room, also the breakfast was included and good enough. For us, verything worked. They gave us a room in the fifth floor, it wasn't noisy at all. Everything was clean and in a good conditions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BWChristopher, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. All of us at the St. Christopher Hotel welcome you to come back anytime and see us. It was our pleasure to serve you during your trip.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We moved to this hotel after staying a couple of days in Nearby Courtyard, and must say that the change was for good. The location is good to visit French Quarter, and NOLA in general.

The rooms are a little small, but not bad. Be sure that the room you reserve has windows, as I think they have some "interior rooms" without (an absolute no, no) and it is kind of a cozy place, with old style decor. Clean, good service, well equipped. And for less $ than the Courtyard, we got breakfast included. No doubt a good option for a inexpensive stay near the eboullious Bourbon St.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your survey, we welcome you to come back anytime and have a great time.

Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We enjoyed our two week stay, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff were all friendly and welcoming every time we arrived back. The location was great, just off canal street and walking distance to the french quarter. Also had a 24/7 shop on the corner. The room didn't have windows but this didn't really bother us as we weren't in it much.
Loved the pancake making machine but after 2 weeks the breakfast was a little boring, Ruby slipper on the next corner does wonderful breakfast.
Down points for us were that the hotel allows dogs to stay and on a couple of nights I struggled to get my son to sleep because we could hear a dog whining at a door down our hallway.
Also the house keeping was a little inconsistent, one day they left my bin on my bed, another day they didn't come at all, mostly it was great though.

Room Tip: Ask for a window if you get claustrophobic
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BWChristopher, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We appreciate all reponses, we hope to see you again soon.

WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We spent three nights over Memorial Day weekend and were pleased. It was a little sketchy getting there as there is limited parking out front. However, once we pulled in we were immediately greeted by a very friendly valet. Check in was a breeze and we were given a room with a window as we had requested. We had a king room on the sixth floor and it was small but clean. I was happy to see we had a mini fridge. The complimentary breakfast had a good selection--yogurt, pancakes, cereal, fruit, hot cereal, juice, hot tea and coffee. The only protein options were frozen burritos or sausage biscuits. The staff was all very friendly and the location was great. I would stay again.

Thank you and we hope you come back and see us.

Ms.Augillard
Front Office Mgr.
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here one night during a week long trip to New Orleans. We moved in from a conference hotel and checked in early. Got a nice quiet room and they even stored our bikes for us! Nice valet service. Renting bikes at American Bike Co. is a good way to see the city. The breakfast was well done. Only thing that would have been better if we could stay another night. They were booked up and rooms were sky high so we had to move again (see review for the Cotton Exchange) Nice lobby and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - even if it doesn't have a great view, you will be outside. We had a nice...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BWChristopher, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 504-648-0444.

C. Brie Stradford
Front Desk Supervisor
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel? Share your experiences!