“Good value and good location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #53 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Seattle, Washington
“Good value and good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Compared to the Hilton and Harrahs this place doesn’t looks like much. That being said I cannot say a lot of bad things about our 8 night stay. We got our room for $99 a night when most places in New Orleans are at least double per night. I don't know if there was a mix-up by the two of us got a large suite with two separate bedroom/ bathrooms off one living room. This would have been great for a family and was a lot of room for two people.

The rooms were clean and had plenty of room and closet space. Our room was nice and quiet. The hotel is in a location where it is easy to walk anywhere. The trolley was also nice to utilize if you want to go down to the French Market or up Canal St.

There were certain aspects that made my stay here very enjoyable. First would be the daily breakfast buffet. They had a good variety for a free continental breakfast and lots of hot coffee. There were also two or three nights a week when they offered free dinner, which wasn’t great but I ate it and I am fairly particular. It’s a free meal… in New Orleans, I’ll take it. What made this so nice was the ladies that were refilling the food, especially at dinner. They were so sweet and even came around and picked up our plates for us. It was just perfect to get up, eat breakfast, and take a cup of coffee to go explore this beautiful historic city.

Only downside of our stay was the fact that you pretty much have to ask them to clean your room. They didn’t come in to replace towels when we were out. If you are clean then it is not a big deal, they brought towels right up when we asked for them. Also the service at the front desk wasn’t the best, it seemed like they had other things to do.

By far the value and good things outweighed the negative. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Looking at options in New Orleans over Labor Day weekend, I booked this hotel because of its good value, about $100 per night. I was very pleasantly surprised. First, let me get the minor negatives out of the way. Free parking is tricky; I wound up on the street 1.5 blocks away. You might just want to pay. And check-in service was slow, though check-out was fine. Also, this hotel is near Mother's eatery, the casino, and Superdome, so if you're trying to stumble back after a night at the French quarter, it's a long stumble.
That said, there are a lot of excellent things about this hotel. Room quality is high, including the beds and heating units. Even though I was on the street side, the room was quiet. Internet is free. The suite concept includes fridge, burners, and microwave. There's provided popcorn. There's morning breakfast, which has better than average variety for a free offering.
I have no hesitation recommending this place as a basis for all of New Orleans, not just the party places. It also was a good first experience with the brand.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

This is a modern hotel which, as the name suggests, is entirely suite only. We had a studio suite which still had the kitchen and internet connections, all for $109 plus local taxes a night (extended stay rates). It is based in the Central Business District, so is a little way off the main tourist areas (like the French Quarter) which explains why the price is good value in comparison to some hotels in the area.

Facilities as the Staybridge are impressive for the price - there is a small free-to-use fitness room which is open 24 hours (access is through your room keycard), 3 free-to-use laundries (obviously detergent is extra!) which are again open 24 hours and require room key-card access and a small outdoor pool (which would been nice if the nearby buildings didn't block out the sun! In November it's cool but it'll be a blessing I'd imagine in the heat of summer, and when the sun is higher in the sky). Breakfast is complimentary every day and between Tuesday to Thursday there is a complimentary "Sundowner" evening meal with free beer and wine, as well as soft drinks.

There is no full time bar at the Staybridge which is a surprise as it's partly aimed at business travellers, and there is no suitable alternative bar nearby to cater for their needs (as Bourbon Street bars can be quite boisterous and many other local bars have either sports TV or music blaring out) which can be distracting for getting a business deal done. However, for tourists, this isn't much of a problem as their are a wide choice of bars to chose from. Very handy for everyone though is the free internet connections, from the downstairs business suite (which has printers - again free to use) to Wi-fi throughout the hotel and even wired ethernet connections in all rooms (our room had a cable already, though it may be of benefit to bring your own). What isn't very clear in the in-room Wi-Fi instructions is the correct network to use. It's the EthostreamX networks (where X is a number).

In summary, a highly recommended hotel suitable for all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Joensuu, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

First of all, we miss the first night due to our flight connections from Chicago, and at the end we did not have to pay it, even if it was not the hotel's fault.
Nice two- bed "room" (it looked like an apartment, maybe because we europeans are not used to this big-thing in the USA), anaywa, confortable, silent and nice service.
Breakfast for free in the morning was a big extra and made things easier. Besides, and just in case you want to have dinner or so, there is kitchen available in the "apartment".
Prices were good, I mean about 400 euros 6 nights for the both of us was excellent and at that level of hotel, very difficult to find in Europe, I guess.
besides, nice location and (in general) staff.

Worth the visit!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Fulton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I travelled to New Orleans for our one year wedding anniversary and I searched for hotels for a few weeks. We finally settled on this one because it was in a great location and the price was excellent! I was initially very leary because the price was so good that I thought it had to be just a decent place to sleep. We were very pleased that it exceeded our expectations! The hotel staff was friendly and the hotel was clean! The breakfast was perfect and the outdoor pool was very nice! We enjoyed our stay so much and we will definetly stay there again when we travel to New Orleans again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed at the hotel from July 15 through the 19th. We arrived and parked across the street at a pay lot since parking at the hotels garage was full. Not a problem, parking is a premium down there. We found the staff to be very pleasant and quick to respond to any problems. We had a ring from the sprinkler on the ceiling near the TV/armoir fall on the floor at some point in the night. I took the thing to the lobby and the manager called maintenance. They had it fixed promptly. The breakfast was nice and they have mini happy hours during Tuesday through Thursday. Our room had a nice size fridge and a view of Poydras Street and Mother's Restaurant. That way I can keep an eye on the line at the restaurant and see when it was short enough to go across the street to Mothers.

They do have a small pool, we didn't use it, but the little kids seemed to enjoy it very much! Since my husband had to work while we were there, I had the day to sightsee and was very glad we were near the French Quarter. I was able to walk to all the sights that I was interested in. I was alone during the day and never felt unsafe during my time there. In the evening my husband and I would go out to dinner and came back to the hotel around 10pm. Again we never felt like we were in a bad or unsafe area.

On the 18th, I used the laundry area, since we were on the 18th floor, we used the laundry area on the 16th floor--they also have washer/dryers on 2 other floors. The use of the washer and dryers is free, they do sell detergent and softeners in the lobby at their mini-market. We normally travel with the Purex sheets that have detergent, softener and dryer sheet in one, made it very convenient to do the laundry. My only complaint would be that the laundry room on the 16th floor doesn't circulate air very well, so if both dryers are running, it's a sauna in there.

The bed in the room was very comfortable, the couch was large enough for us to sit and plan our evenings, and the free WiFi was nice. The only odd thing was where the TV was located, yeah you could pull it out and angle it towards the bed or the couch, but really, we didn't mind. The noise level outside wasn't bad till a group of young adults (there was a HUGE church convention with young adults from various states in town) seemed to mob the area and the cops had to use their sirens to keep them moving and not block the intersection. Honestly, it wasn't bad, but know when there are large conventions in town, you might hear more street noise than normal.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I booked this hotel in New Orleans because I was traveling with 2 teenage boys and I needed a suite. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was very clean and the accommodations were perfect. Each bedroom had 2 double beds so the teens each had his own bed. The front desk staff was extremely nice and willing to assist us in any way that we asked. This hotel is an extended stay hotel so it does not routinely offer housekeeping on the weekends, but when you ask for service the rooms will be serviced. We asked for ours to be cleaned and it was.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!