“Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #82 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We visited October 26-28. The price is great, the location is great and the staff (especially the girl with the glasses behind the front desk) are very helpful and attentive. The hotel was very clean. Since the breakfast was free, we did not expect much, but surprisingly the food was pretty good. Best of all I watched the Krewe of Boo from out room. We have found a new home away from home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place was very clean, very comfortable and very well managed. There is free wi-fi but I was never in the hotel to use it. It's in an excellent location downtown and despite how the map makes it seem its right smack dab between the water and bourbon street. Everything is within walking distance... Shops at Canal Street (awesome but pricey movie theater), Harrahs, the steamboats, the aquarium, and Bourbon street. Really, really excellent location. They don't have housekeeping on the weekends but if you ask for service on friday you can get weekend service. They serve breakfast but late nights prevented me from experiencing it. The people at the front desk are very very welcoming and charming. And they are more than willing to provide excellent recommendations on places to go. Overall..... Wonderful.....

Room Tip: I had regular room with a wonderful view. I'm sure any upgrade would be phenmomenal.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has rooms that are like studio apartment with refrigerator, stove, microwave, and coffee maker. Stayed in a king room very clean and huge. When I got to the hotel and took a shower, the water did not drain so I reported it to the front desk and the lady said she would have someone look into it. I then left to enjoy the different sites. Upon my return someone was sent to look at the tub, but after draining the tub it was left dirty. I decided to clean the tub for my self and left the dirty rags to be removed the next day. The next day I left to see more sites upon my return I found the dirty rags and shower floor mat sitting on the wash sink. I felt this was an dilberate action. Checked out the second day and stayed at another hotel which was much better. Staybridge is great for its location, breakfast, and social hour tues thru thursday. One staff who was very curteous and friendly was bridgette from the kitchen. Hilton should give her a promotion or recognition for great customer service. I would try a different hotel my next stay in the big easy. I had high hopes of recommending this hotel to my coworkers, friends, and family members.

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear francea1429,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleaning schedule of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vicksburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a great location! The hotel's parking lot was full so we had to park in the lot right across the street from the hotel so no big deal - actually very convenient, The rooms were very clean and nice. The staff are very friendly. Brittany was very helpful with any information we needed and was very patient with us - with had 3 rooms booked and helped us sort through the confusion of who got what room. The ONLY issue I had was the rate - NOT WHAT I GOT QUOTED OVER THE PHONE- but I had no proof of that rate - which I thought was pretty sneaky on the hotel's (really the corporate chain) part in a way. So I feel it was my fault for not having a printed confirmation of the price- it didnt even have it on the email I got, though, here again sneaky because they can charge whatever they want during events. This is a pet -friendly and smoking hotel so the rooms will reak of smoke but they have air machines to help if you need it (found that out after the fact) Just talk to the front desk if you have any issues and they will help you out. OVerall very happy except for the rate issue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel's location is great. You can walk to the French Quarter, there is a supermarket about 11-15 minutes of walk (took me 11 but I walk fast), the CBD and arts district are all near by. The neighborhood feels safe and has many other hotels.

The room I got was nice sized. The furnishing, while in good shape, is sort of on the old side. A little bothered by the sound of the AC/heating system - even when mine was not running. It seems it is the plumbing for all the units in the building. Got a x09 room and has a nice view.

It is strange that I had 3 sets of plates/utensils. So, you have to run the dishwasher an extra time if you have a 4 night stay like many business travellers do. Sort of inefficient but maybe the norm here is 3 nights?

Like others have said, the staff is great - friendly, efficient and helpful.

The best way is probably to not rent a car. If you have a car, the lot across the street is $30 per 24 hour period - slightly cheaper than the hotel's garage. It seems if you walk somewhat farther, there are even cheaper parking options. It is a 15 minute walk to the Avis rent-a-car location downtown.

Rates fluctuate a lot because of the seasons and events in NOLA.

The elevator wait is OK - they seem new but I have seen "elevator facelifts" in other hotels that really just make them look new.

The breakfast area is decently sized but I guess it does get crowded during some hours because of the size of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The staff in this hotel were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was rubbish and luke warm at best we ended up going across the road to Mothers cafe which is excellent

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear kev078690,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your compliments on our staff and room.

I am delighted to note that despite your dissatisfaction with our breakfast choices, you were still able to enjoy your stay. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, we are very pleased that you were satisfied with most of our amenities. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a great one.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon for another enjoyable stay.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Every person we encountered at the front desk was more than helpful with making suggestions for restaurants, drawing us maps, and calling for taxis or to make reservations. The room was large and clean, but a little dated and the mattresses were worn and uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business