“Great base for seeing New Orleans” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #70 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Oxford
“Great base for seeing New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed for a week, and felt at home straight away. The staff are so friendly that it's hard to believe it's not family-run. Public areas, dining room and our room were all perfectly clean and in good decorative order, and breakfast/meals were fine (even the machine coffee is decent). As others have noted, the evening events of snacks and beer/wine etc are not just a bag of crisps plus one beer, but as much as you want (the staff will even top you up without asking!).

Staff are very helpful fixing up trips around the city and beyond - indeed, perhaps the best thing about the place is its location: away from the noise and bustle of Canal St and the French Quarter, but close enough to be convenient for walking, and with some good eating places nearby.

Gripes are minor: our room (No. 1000) was a little noisy because of neighbours (note to manager: the door separating it off from the next room needs attention - way too big a gap beneath it), the bed was too soft, and sloping. Also, one of the two lifts was out of order, but the manager did his best to help on this and it's probably fixed by now.

We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Gerbilator,

Thank you for your review and comments, I appreciate your information concerning room 1000 and we have addressed the issues you brought forward when we recieved this comment in late May. We share these comments with our staff and it was funny when we read the part about being family owned - Our staff said "we are!". As the leader of the hotel everyone is a partner in making the hotel a real home away from home and I see that they all have the same passion about New Orleans as I do. Thank you so much for your review and I look forward to you coming back "home" in New Orleans to the Staybridge New Orleans.

Very SIncerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i and two girls stayed last night and had nothing but a good experience. I had a heart check up with my dr so we had came down for the night and stay at this hotel. Breakfast was very good, the food at night is also very good and lots of variety. The girls enjoyed the pool, it was nice and the staff did a good job. The rooms were nice, big and clean and beds were soft. We were able to walk to the insectarium and aquarium and french quarters from here. Also, toya is awesome!! stay here, you will not regret it!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear amberdickey4,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review. I hope all is well with you and your family and that you have had a great summer. If you have another follow up visit or just need a quick escape to recharge from getting everyone back in school. I wish that you would plan a nice couple of days here in New Orleans at the Staybridge New Orleans soon. We would all be excited to see you again!!

Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for work during the 1st week of July 2012 for 5 nights. During check in the front desk agent appeared to be confused and unable to answer basic questions. Maybe he was new, but he wasn't rude or that friendly either. Check out was smoother. The female front desk agent was friendlier and more professional. The hotel charges about $34 per day to park in their parking garage, which is around the corner from the hotel up a steep incline and you'll need your room key to get in it. Make sure you back your car into the space or you'll regret it. It's very tight! If you have a large vehicle, park in the lot across the street. That lot can accommodate large vehicles easily and would be a lot cheaper. I loved the room. It was large with a full kitchen that included a full size refrigerator, stove and a microwave. The vanity area was separated from the bathroom, which was nice. Housekeeping did a good job of keeping the room clean. The free breakfast was terrible, but it was free, so can't complain too much. I just walked across the street to Harrah's casino and had their breakfast buffet, which was good. This hotel is in the central business district, but it also 2 blocks from the French Quarter. So this hotel is great for tourists or persons here for business. There were some persons making a lot of noise a couple of nights in a room next to mine, but it's not the hotel's fault that I'm a light sleeper. Overall, I was very satisfied and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear A N,

Thank you so much for your review. We have shared your review with our staff in their last departmental meeting and there were many smiles and high fives when we read your comments about our staff. You also spoke of our large rooms and great location for business and pleasure while in New Orleans. Thank you again for your positive review and comments. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge New Orleans very soon.

Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great location near French Qtr, 15 minute walk. Also near Natchez steam boat, aquarium, riverwalk shopping, etc. Very nice accommodations. Pool is not heated so great for the warm, humid weather. Moderately priced and weeknite drinks and food included as well as breakfast (6:30- 9:30 am). Good value. Rooms are big with full kitchen!

Room Tip: Get higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Wildwks,

Thank you for your quick comments on our hotel. You highlighted the things that make us an unrivaled advantage over our competitors. Our location, our food offerings and large rooms. These along with a staff that can't stop smiling and desire to help you make the most out of your stay make us a great place to stay while in New Orleans. Please make plans SOON to return to the Staybridge New Orleans and let us take great care of you.

Most Sincere Thanks!!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights in April while attending a conference in New Orleans. The location of the hotel is very good, easily within walking distance of to the convention center, downtown stuff, the French Quarter, and all that. I did not spend very much time in the hotel, except for sleeping, so I did not use the exercise facilities or even the free hot breakfast. I think people traveling with children would appreciate the large rooms with kitchenette so they could store and cook food rather than needing to go to restaurants for every meal. There was a full-size refrigerator, a two-burner stovetop, a microwave, a dishwasher, and the pots, bowls, dishes, utensils, and washing-up materials you'd need. I liked having the sofa and desk so that I did not have to sit on the edge of the bed all the time. I had a view of the city looking east from the window. There was a lot of traffic noise sometimes, as you might expect from a large city. The thermostat was easy to use so I could make the room comfortable while I was there, and no one came in and messed with it while I was out. My only complaint was that the wi-fi did not work well for me. I tried every day and it was always so slow that I couldn't really get anything done online. The hard wired Internet service was better.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pferdina,

Thank you so much for your very detailed descripition of all the things that make our hotel a wonderful choice when attending a conference in New Orleans. I apologize for the bump in the road with our wireless internet but I am so glad you saw the wired connection at the desk and got on the intenet with ease. I would like to invite you to look at any list of festivals, events or parties on "www.neworleanscvb.com" and pick any event to come back and enjoy the city of New Orleans and the Staybridge New Orleans while you don't have to work so hard and I am sure you will be overwhelmed by the whole experience and make plans to come back again and again...

Sicnerely,
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights in May when we came down to New Orleans from South Carolina for a family member's graduation. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance from New Orleans' main attractions. The hotel was nice, clean, and very affordable. The breakfast buffet was GREAT and definitely a plus during our stay at Staybridge. The staff here was great, especially the night manager Mark Peters. He bent over backwards to make sure we enjoyed our stay while we were in town. I will definitely stay here again if I ever come back to New Orleans!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a pull out sofa, book the studio style room. That floor plan gives you two d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear David F,

Thank you for the great review!!! Your comments have been shared with our staff and they appreciate hearing that their focus on cleanliness and breakfast is noticed and recognized by our guests. I think your "Room Tip" is awesome for anyone that has not stayed at the Staybridge New Orleans before. Our studios are large with open floor plans so when you pull out the sofa you still have room to move around. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Staybridge New Orleans very soon.

Nunica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Close to the Quarter and warehouse district, the location is terrific. If that weren't enough, the room was great-the size of an efficiency apartment, good breakfast bar and happy hour with "snacks". The staff was efficient and friendly-Toya is awesome!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Pat M,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Toya is a a natural leader and with her million dollar smile I am very fortunate to have her on the staff here at the Staybridge New Orleans. It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of our wonderful location that is convenient to EVERYTHING worth seeing in New Orleans and you got to spend some time in your spacious suite. We ALL look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge New Orleans the next time your travel plans bring you to New Orleans.

Sincere appreciation for your business!!

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!