“Stay Here!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #83 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Columbia, South Carolina
“Stay Here!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights in May when we came down to New Orleans from South Carolina for a family member's graduation. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance from New Orleans' main attractions. The hotel was nice, clean, and very affordable. The breakfast buffet was GREAT and definitely a plus during our stay at Staybridge. The staff here was great, especially the night manager Mark Peters. He bent over backwards to make sure we enjoyed our stay while we were in town. I will definitely stay here again if I ever come back to New Orleans!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a pull out sofa, book the studio style room. That floor plan gives you two d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear David F,

Thank you for the great review!!! Your comments have been shared with our staff and they appreciate hearing that their focus on cleanliness and breakfast is noticed and recognized by our guests. I think your "Room Tip" is awesome for anyone that has not stayed at the Staybridge New Orleans before. Our studios are large with open floor plans so when you pull out the sofa you still have room to move around. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Staybridge New Orleans very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Nunica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Close to the Quarter and warehouse district, the location is terrific. If that weren't enough, the room was great-the size of an efficiency apartment, good breakfast bar and happy hour with "snacks". The staff was efficient and friendly-Toya is awesome!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Pat M,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Toya is a a natural leader and with her million dollar smile I am very fortunate to have her on the staff here at the Staybridge New Orleans. It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of our wonderful location that is convenient to EVERYTHING worth seeing in New Orleans and you got to spend some time in your spacious suite. We ALL look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge New Orleans the next time your travel plans bring you to New Orleans.

Sincere appreciation for your business!!
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed there for a week in May. It was a great experience. The room was large, with a fridge and a sitting area. The breakfast was a pleasant bonus, as was the T-Thurs. happy hour. The location was a plus, about 4 blocks from the quarter. It was much quieter. Their is also free laundry. the staff was so nice, especially Monique and Toya.

Room Tip: Stay for a week or more to get a better rate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear azoak,

Thank you for your review. I have shared this review with the two superstars you identified in your comments. I am in full agreement that they are wonderful and I speak from a high sense of pride when I say that everyday I work with them is a pleasure because of the way they take care of our guests.

Your visit in May was during my favorite time of year here in New Orleans and I hope plan another trip to New Orleans soon and come stay with us again at the Staybridge New Orleans.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here on business for several nights. The location is great if you don't want to stay right in the French Quarter--it's not in the middle of all the action but a short walk away. It's also not far from the street cars and the Convention Center.

The rooms are really spacious, especially if you are not here for an extended stay, and the mini-kitchen is pretty well equipped and there's a large closet in the room, as well as a sofa and coffee table and large desk. The hotel has facilities for those who are on longer stays like laundry. While the room was comfortable, it wasn't the cleanest, even during the week. But otherwise it was sufficient. WiFi and ethernet both worked great in the room.

The hot breakfast in the morning was fine, though selection was really limited if you showed up on the late side (right before 8am). The decor in the hotel got to be a little dreary, and the facilities needed upgrading, like the elevator was slow, or one was broken, and the business center was always at capacity, even late at night. These were minor things but they were inconvenient.

Walls are super thin, so you hear a lot of noise in the hall, and given all the things going on in the city the week I was staying there, it was super noisy (lots of people going from rooms to rooms, partying).

The hotel also has a pool and gym facilities, but both were pretty minimally equipped and so I wound up not using them in the end.

My interaction with service was minimal but based on even those short interactions, they were incredibly polite and very helpful.

Overall, if you are looking for something sufficient for a multiple-night business visit that is not fancy but in a good location, this is a very good option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
tesseract68,

Thank you for taking the time to share your expereience. Your entire review will be used in my next leadership meeting to re-enforce my continuing theme that we need to take good to great. I assure you that I believe we are close to bringing "Good" to "Great". There are some areas that only require fine tuning to accomplish our goal. You described a positive interaction with our staff and we take pride in our friendliness. Earlier this year we renovated 2/3rds of the hotel rooms and the remaining 75 will be renovated this summer. From your description of your room I believe you stayed in a room that will be renovated. If your travels bring you back to New Orleans I would like the opportunity to show off our progress in getting from "Good" to "Great" and would invite your opinion once again.

Sicnerely,
Easton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just a shout out to Ronnell (Manager at Staybridge) who couldn't have been any kinder to deal with. My husband stays at this hotel every year for Jazz Fest and always has a great stay. This year Ronnell helped us with something personal and made working with him a pleasure. Thanks Ronnell!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Lisa M,

I cannot agree with you more. Ronnell is truely awesome!!! He leads by example and cares about how we deliver a personal touch to service. Your note speaks of one of those examples. From knowing Ronnell personally I assure you he takes that same attitude and motivation to the Front Desk staff each day. Thank you for recognizing one of our rising stars. We can't wait to see you and your family again soon!!!!

Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had originally booked for a week long stay here but moved out after two days.

To be fair, it wasn't entirely the hotel's fault but there were a number of unfortunate instances that contributed to our decision to abandon ship.

We arrived late (around 11pm) and were greeted by a friendly young man who thanked me for being a Priority Club member and offered us information on our booking and gave us the menu of a 24 hour restaurant nearby where we could eat as the hotel restaurant was closed.

Unfortunately he didn't inform us that there was going to be maintenance in the hotel, starting in the morning and going on throughout the week.

We were awoken rather early by a German family and their three kids screaming obscenities at each other down the halls. The walls are quite thin in the rooms and the doors offer no sound-proofing at all so you can hear every conversation in the hallway.

Then the jack-hammers started in what sounded like the room next door, but was told it was actually the elevator shaft. I called down to reception who said that we should have received a letter under our door, informing us of the maintenance (which we didn't) and when I asked if we could be shifted, the phone cut off (maybe not deliberate, but in the mood I was now in, not good).

Finally when we packed up and went downstairs in the afternoon, I informed the girl on the front desk that we would be leaving in the morning. She was very apologetic and thanked us for our stay so far (her name was Brittany and was by far the most professional staff member we encountered, a real asset to the team).

The jack hammers started again on cue in the morning so we quickly got our bags and checked out without any issue.

The rooms were clean, beds were comfy and the location is handy to Canal St, the French Quarter and Harrahs casino. The walls are quite thin and the doors offer no sound proofing. If you don't mind sleeping with earplugs, you'll have a pleasant stay for sure.

Overall the staff were nice and as long as there was no maintenance, they offer good value for the location.

The rooms are older with worn carpet and older furniture, but the TV had cable and a channel listing card (which is one of the smartest things any hotel can provide, particularly if you're from another country).

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a room away from the lift shaft
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M,

Thank you for sharing your experience. As the General Manager I certainly wish your experience would have been much different. I am very familiar with the 3 days of installation of safety equipment on the roof that required core drilling. I apologize for this kind of work having to be performed durng your stay especially after having a late arrival with your family. I am encouraged that the staff members your experienced were professional. Our hotel is typically a quiet home away from home and I regret that I did not acheive this during your stay. I thank you for the positive comments about our hotel and if there is any chance you return from New Zealand I would like the opportunity to make it up to you and your family. If there is a chance please call the hotel directly (504-571-1818) and ask for me personally.

Keswick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I reviewed this hotel early in my stay in April. I wish to add the following: the staff was very helpful, especially Toya, who worked in the breakfast/happy hour area. She anticipated needs. The food in the breakfast area did vary and frankly, there was something for everyone. Make your own waffles, an egg dish, ham/sausage, cereals, various types of breads. I probably would not stay here again simply because I would want to try out different hotels. In this category, the prices are similar, especially at festival time.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, the traffic can be noisy. At floor 15, I still was awakened by a loud motorc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary Lou S,

Thank you for adding your experience with Toya. I look forward to seeing her and getting a dose of her positive energy along with that Million Dollar $mile. I will most definitely share your comments with her and her team. I invite you to shop around upon your next trip to New Orleans but I have to warn you that I meet with my Director of Sales daily to make sure we are priced competitively over special weekends and festivals. Toya and I would love for you to return to the Staybridge New Orelans very soon.

Thank you for your time to respond.