“Home away from Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Dover, New Hampshire
“Home away from Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

If your looking to be in the middle of all the hub-bub in downtown NOLO,then this is not the place for you. The hotel is just a few blocks away from the French Quarters(walking distance or streetcar) but at night the Quiet is deafening and appreciated. The staff was over accommidating and we did not want for anything. We enjoyed the kitchen staff's pleasantness and noted their hard work at keeping everyones needs and wants satisfied. We have stayed at this and other Staybridges and would call our experiences as over average,especially for the price and locations. We have and would recommend this hotel to our friends and will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Douglas B,

Thank you for you comments about our hotel and kind words about our staff. Your description of our location is in tune with how I describe our location to potential clients. We are close enough to and far enough away from everything in New Orleans. I have shared your comments with our associates and thank you for your help in keeping them motivated to provide "over accomodating" service.

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Breton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have phoned 3 times, left messages and even emailed them about an item accidentally left behind in our room 2 weeks ago but nobody has gotten back to me yet.
They obviously don't care what you think once you check out! Not impressed!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Dawn L,

We most certainly care about you after you depart the hotel. I discussed this posting in our past Leadership meeting and no one had recollection of an email or voicemail. We did discover a challenge with our commuinications system late last week that we resolved by resetting the entire sytem but that only took 10 minutes to correct. Nevertheless, I would like you to call and ask for the Assistant General Manager and I assure you that you will be in caring hands to help assist in any items you may have left upon departure.

Very Sincerely,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our first time ever staying in a staybridge suite, and I must say it won't be the last. The rooms are large and spacious; ours had a king bed, sofa with coffee table, desk space, small kitchen with fridge, two burner stove, dishwasher & microwave.
A welcome pack has tea, coffee, salt, pepper, sugar & popcorn to get you started - a nice touch.
There are three laundry rooms - machines are free to use. Detergents and miscellaneous items are available from hotel 'pantry store'.

The hotel is across the road from Mothers restaurant - famous for its baked ham (expect to see long lines in the morning and for dinner). If you go for late brunch you won't have to wait.

It's also walking distance to the ww2 museum, trolley lines, mall, bourbon street. Ideal location!

• Stayed April 2013
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Lee W,

WOW!!! You said everything I say to seel the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and vision of our hotel. When you come back to New Orleans all the way from Melbourne I will give you a couple more secret places to go if there is a line at Mother's. Mother's is an institution and hard to beat but I have a few secrets I am willing to share with you. I will share your comments with our leadership staff and team in our next meeting.

West Richland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Second stay at a staybridge. Found the room to be large and comfortable. The room had everything you would need for an extended stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Was surprised that they don't keep coffee going all day at the breakfast area, the other staybridge we stayed at did. Decent pool, but if your looking to sun bathe you will only have a small window each day to do this since the pool is in between buildings. The evening reception food was very nice, but not offered Friday through Sunday which I think lowers the value for a stay here. Also no house keeping on weekends which again lowers the value for the price. One nice touch is a free guest laundry. Machines we clean and of good quality. The French Quarter is an easy walk from the hotel which makes it very convenient to stay here. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Jim D,

Thank you for your response and kind words about our staff and hotel. We look forward to you making your third visit to the hotel and I would like to let you know that we would be happy to provde housekeeping service to you over the weekends if you let the Front Desk know that you would like service over the weekends. If you are looking to come to New Orleans over the Summer months please check out our several packages that may help add value to your trip.

Once again, I personally want to tthanky ou for your business and kind words

Sicnerely,
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Full disclosure - I have traveled extensively with my husband, whose employer housed us in top tier hotels. So, yes, I am spoiled. However, objectively, this is a very average place. Let's begin. We had a "non-smoking" room, but when we entered it, it was obvious that a lot of pot had recently been smoked in that room. Housekeeping did take care of it by placing an ionizer in the room while we were out and the air was cleared. The hot breakfast bar was not very good. Orange juice was Tang,scrambled eggs were rubbery, grits were instant, fruit was canned. There were fresh apples and decent coffee. The light switch in the bathroom had a lot of black whatever so I cleaned it myself. The soap dish in the shower had a few very curly hairs on it. Ewww. The room was very dark and faced an office building which was in very close proximity. The windows of the hotel were not mirrored. Would I stay here again? No.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing a building. I'm at a loss as to all the high ratings...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Lulu061851,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I respond to many comments and would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations. I am glad that our houskeeping team responded to and resolved the smoke smell in your suite. Our expectation is that it should have been done before your arrival. I will be taking a close look at what process did not work on that particular day. Our breakfast is a large part of the value to our hotel and I will be looking that those processes also, so that we maintain the promise of quality and value we make to our guests. (Fresh, Healthy Choices, some not healthy breakfast favorites, Quality Juices from concentrate and energetic staff)

I am sure that with the focus we have at the Staybridge New Orleans if you were to return to the hotel you would expereince what the majority of the comments identify so I invite you to return upon your next trip to New Orleans. We will be completing renovations this Summer that I KNOW will impress you and your family.

East Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed there during the French Quarter Festival, April 12-15. I think I booked through Hotels.com and paid about $800. Hotels are really expensive during the festivals, so while this amount is high it was actually very comparable with other hotels.

The suite we had (room 1603) was huge...bigger than some apartments I have lived in. We had two beds - which were really comfortable, a couch, TV, full-size fridge and small kitchen. They do not clean rooms on weekends unless you specifically request it on a Friday afternoon.

There was a free breakfast buffet each morning which included: eggs, a meat, waffles, cereal, yogurt, breads and rolls, and fruits. The breakfast staff seemed a bit overwhelmed at times and couldn't replace some items. I put that down to it being busy Festival season.

There is a manager's reception during the week. I was there on a weekend and so didn't attend.

The hotel is near the French Quarter and also near Harrah's casino. It is a great location.

Loved it and would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had room 1603 - it was near the elevator but we heard no noise. The room was huge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
helsbels0118,

Thank you for your post here on Tripadvisor. You and your husband stayed here on my favorite weekend - French Quarter Fest. Not to take away from Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest but FQ Fest is this local "40-something's" favorite. This year we had the extra special treat of a cool front to make it possible to cover all venues and I hope ya'll got the most out of your weekend. The breakfast staff works hard to get you fortified for your day and I will share with them your comments about the breakfast. Thank you so much for taking the time to mention what we work hard to provide to our guests. Looking forward to having you back in New Orleans and staying at your newly discovered home away from home, the Staybridge New Orleans.

Very Warmly Yours,
Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed there last week for two nights. Our room was very spacious and the breakfast bar was fantastic. We also enjoyed the evening reception and the meal was more than I expected. We are frequent visitors to NO and this was our first time staying here. We will definetly stay here again when we return with our two kids this summer. The Staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Great place whether you are single or with your family.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
no_yat_girl,

Thank you for telling your story about your trip to New Orleans and experience at our hotel. The weather in April was far beyond what we normally get and I sure hope you got to experience a lot of sunshine during the day and cool nights that we had in April. Thank you for pointing out our spacious rooms and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you and your family this summer.

Sincere thanks for your comments,

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!