“Good enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Full disclosure - I have traveled extensively with my husband, whose employer housed us in top tier hotels. So, yes, I am spoiled. However, objectively, this is a very average place. Let's begin. We had a "non-smoking" room, but when we entered it, it was obvious that a lot of pot had recently been smoked in that room. Housekeeping did take care of it by placing an ionizer in the room while we were out and the air was cleared. The hot breakfast bar was not very good. Orange juice was Tang,scrambled eggs were rubbery, grits were instant, fruit was canned. There were fresh apples and decent coffee. The light switch in the bathroom had a lot of black whatever so I cleaned it myself. The soap dish in the shower had a few very curly hairs on it. Ewww. The room was very dark and faced an office building which was in very close proximity. The windows of the hotel were not mirrored. Would I stay here again? No.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing a building. I'm at a loss as to all the high ratings...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Lulu061851,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I respond to many comments and would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations. I am glad that our houskeeping team responded to and resolved the smoke smell in your suite. Our expectation is that it should have been done before your arrival. I will be taking a close look at what process did not work on that particular day. Our breakfast is a large part of the value to our hotel and I will be looking that those processes also, so that we maintain the promise of quality and value we make to our guests. (Fresh, Healthy Choices, some not healthy breakfast favorites, Quality Juices from concentrate and energetic staff)

I am sure that with the focus we have at the Staybridge New Orleans if you were to return to the hotel you would expereince what the majority of the comments identify so I invite you to return upon your next trip to New Orleans. We will be completing renovations this Summer that I KNOW will impress you and your family.

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
East Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed there during the French Quarter Festival, April 12-15. I think I booked through Hotels.com and paid about $800. Hotels are really expensive during the festivals, so while this amount is high it was actually very comparable with other hotels.

The suite we had (room 1603) was huge...bigger than some apartments I have lived in. We had two beds - which were really comfortable, a couch, TV, full-size fridge and small kitchen. They do not clean rooms on weekends unless you specifically request it on a Friday afternoon.

There was a free breakfast buffet each morning which included: eggs, a meat, waffles, cereal, yogurt, breads and rolls, and fruits. The breakfast staff seemed a bit overwhelmed at times and couldn't replace some items. I put that down to it being busy Festival season.

There is a manager's reception during the week. I was there on a weekend and so didn't attend.

The hotel is near the French Quarter and also near Harrah's casino. It is a great location.

Loved it and would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had room 1603 - it was near the elevator but we heard no noise. The room was huge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
helsbels0118,

Thank you for your post here on Tripadvisor. You and your husband stayed here on my favorite weekend - French Quarter Fest. Not to take away from Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest but FQ Fest is this local "40-something's" favorite. This year we had the extra special treat of a cool front to make it possible to cover all venues and I hope ya'll got the most out of your weekend. The breakfast staff works hard to get you fortified for your day and I will share with them your comments about the breakfast. Thank you so much for taking the time to mention what we work hard to provide to our guests. Looking forward to having you back in New Orleans and staying at your newly discovered home away from home, the Staybridge New Orleans.

Very Warmly Yours,
Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed there last week for two nights. Our room was very spacious and the breakfast bar was fantastic. We also enjoyed the evening reception and the meal was more than I expected. We are frequent visitors to NO and this was our first time staying here. We will definetly stay here again when we return with our two kids this summer. The Staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Great place whether you are single or with your family.
no_yat_girl,

Thank you for telling your story about your trip to New Orleans and experience at our hotel. The weather in April was far beyond what we normally get and I sure hope you got to experience a lot of sunshine during the day and cool nights that we had in April. Thank you for pointing out our spacious rooms and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you and your family this summer.

Sincere thanks for your comments,
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I am so glad we picked this hotel! We traveled on April 15th to the 19th. We had a 1 bedroom suite. The room was big, comfortable and clean. There was a pull out couch bed, 2 TVS, a mini kitchen area, a large closet and a super comfortable king bed. There was a FREE breakfast each morning that had a great selection of hot and cold food. We stayed during the week and were there for the "evening social" which was a buffet dinner with some alcohol beverages. The food was great and plentiful both breakfast and dinner. My boyfriend is still talking about the pot roast (the best he ever had!). The hotel was in walking distance of EVERYTHING. If you don't feel like walking to the French Quarters on a lazy day/night, there is a little restaurant across the street "Mother's" with great food. There is also Harrah's Casino right across the street which is open all night. No need for a car- everything is right there, very easy and safe to walk to EVERYTHING. But BEST of all about this hotel is the WONDERFUL STAFF! They made us feel at home and were so helpful- thank you Mark, Andrea, Ronelle and Charlenne. You guys are the best and made this trip for us:) Thanks from Jessica, Deedra and Bird

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Jessica, Deedra & Bird,

Now Ya'll did New Orleans Right!!!! Thank you for singing the praises of the staff and all that The Staybridge New Orleans offers ALL guests.

The names of the staff you mentioned are the hall of fame list of team members we have and they truely care about making sure you get the most out of your stay in New Orelans. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home here in New Orelans very soon.

With Sincere Thanks!
Brits
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It was a 10 minute walk to both the French Quater and the cruise ship terminal,we did not need a taxi the whole time we were there.The rooms were spacious,clean and well furnished. Breakfast was well laid out,however, they only started at 7.30 which is the only fault we could find. It was excellent value for money would highly reccommend

John Brits,

Thank you for letting the world know about out hotel. Location is a huge advantage we have here at the Staybridge New Orleans. You also commented on the breakfast and size of our suites. Those are our biggest selling points and what make us the best value in the downtown area. Please come back to New Orelans soon and come back home to the Staybridge New Orleans.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you are looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in new orleans this is a perfect fit. It was located a short walk from the quarter. At night it was quiet as we were far enough from Canal street to not hear the traffic or noise. Rooms were clean, service great, and the breakfast had a ton to choose from. Overall very pleased with the hotel and especially the location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Washburn7ed,

I thank you for your comments and sharing the "awesomeness" of our location. We are truely in the best location for anything you want to do in New Orleans. We work hard as an operations team to make sure everyone has a great experience checking in to their room with great service and nicely appointed suites. In addition, we strive to always provide a good value in price and product provided. Location is one of the biggest things that add to our value along with pricing and our complimentary breakfast that we dedicate a lot of time and energy to give you a sense of "lagniappe" here at the Staybridge New Orleans. It looks like we accomplished that and I will be sharing your comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge New Orleans very soon.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Booked this hotel for four nights for French Quarter Festival. We enjoyed our stay - nice size room, good location (10-15 minute walk into the Quarter), comfortable bed, flat screen TV and fully stocked kitchenette which we did make use of. I also liked that the toilet was in a separate room from the sink.

Breakfast was fine -- we don't eat meat but we didnt starve! One one weekend morning which was rainy, it was definately more crowded and you had to wait for them to replace cutlery, bowls, and food. The layout of the room was a bit confusing, with coffee/tea/juices and muffins/bread/toaster in one room and other food in another. So the first day there were approached it wrong. There is a pool and fitness center, which normally would greatly interest me but since we had jam-packed days with the Festival, we didnt use either. we also saw people using laundry facilities but i didnt check them out.

Staff were very friendly throughout our stay, especially at check-in, acomodating our request for a higher-up river-facing room, and arranged a cab for our vry early morning departure back to the airport. depending on traffic you are 20-30 minutes from the airport.

My only complaint was the wifi. At first I couldnt access it at all on my Ipad so they gave me a tech number to call, and I got it set set quickly. However, during my stay it seemed to work in some areas of my room and not other areas. They do have two computers to use on the first floor and hooked up to a printer.

You also need to know that they have "light" housekeeping on the weekend, so you need to request that by Friday afternoon if you want your bed made up, towels changed.

Room Tip: I asked for a higher up room, but it does make for a longer elevator ride if the hotel is busy..we d...
Bluesmama11,

You stayed at the hotel for my most favorite event of the year - French Quarter Fest. It seems like we designed the room and hotel just for you. It certainly was a pleasure having you stay with us and have you take advantage of everything we had to offer. The confusion of having some items separated at breakfast is my fault. I found that Breakfast gets soooooo much volume that if the breads and pastries are in the same vicinity as the eggs and waffles becomes very crowded with as many people that come through our breakfast so I moved the items that most people like to just "grab and go". It is a great to be that busy at breakfast.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge New Orelans very soon for business or pleasure.

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!