“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #67 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The best part of this hotel is their beds. I was there from Sunday through Friday for business. It was a very stressful business trip and with a two hour time change difficult to get to sleep on time, but the beds are so comfortable that I would sleep all night once I got to sleep. It was much needed sleep and thus I was grateful. The second best part is having a kitchen in the room. And the next is the DVD player. I would put in my exercise videos in the morning and workout so I did not miss a beat while traveling.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Barbara L,

Wow! It certainly seems that we are made just for you when you travel. I hope that your stressful week in New Orleans brings you opportunity to return often and enjoy the hotel we have made to fit your needs but with a smaller degree of stress...

Our staff greatly appreciates you taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next trip to New Orleans.

With Our Most Sincere Appreciation,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Located in the heart of bustling downtown and the French quarter, the Staybridge Suites New Orleans is within easy walking distance of the French Quarter attractions including Bourbon Street. We prepaid for our suite for three days 2 weeks ahead of time. After taking a cruise we arrived early for our stay. Our room was not ready so the clerk stored our luggage and asked us to return in the afternoon when our room would be ready. She also asked if we would like to talk to the concierge about our time in New Orleans. What a plus Myra the concierge adds to the Staybridge. (We wish to thank Myra for spending time with us on our first day. We sincerely appreciate the time she spent reviewing our likes and recommending places to visit, restaurants and tours that we would enjoy. Her advice was very helpful and gave us a new perspective on New Orleans.) We returned around two o’clock to a very pleasant and friendly staff and were given a large room with a sitting room including coffeepot, refrigerator, range, dishes, cups, and dishwasher (unfortunately the TV was off in the sleeping area so we couldn’t hear the TV from the sofa). Included with our stay was a hot or cold breakfast in a very clean dining area. The hotel’s public areas were very clean, and the room was cleaned the second day with a towel change every day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec_tony,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your response and hope that you come back to New Orleans in the future to repeat your cruise then stay vacation. I read your comments with a large smile on my face and sense of pride because you truely experienced all of the best our hotel has to offer: Myra with her passion for the city and that all visitors get the most out of their experience, the Friendly Staff throughout the hotel, the large rooms with extra seating and kitchenettes and our complimentary breakfast. I was born and raised here in New Orleans and could not suggest to you or your family anything you could have done to make your time here better. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This property is great, just came back from New Orleans and had four nights of family, friends visit us when we were there. The staff of the hotel was the best, our first time to New Orleans and we really did not know what to expect, the girls at the front desk took time to give us the 101 on French Quarters and the do's and do not's.

You walk out the front door and one block over starts the fun, what a great location. Happy St. Paddy's Day in New Orleans is like no other place on the planet, what fun and now we are planning our tip back for the Jazz Fest April 26

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear hockeyteam,

Thank you for taking a little time to let the world know how you enjoyed our hotel and how awesome New Orleans is for St Patrick's Day. This year was amazing with the ridiculous awesome weather along with the fact that everyone you see on St Patrick's Day in New Orleans is your friend.

I look forward to welcoming you back for Jazz Fest. Bring your best (lightest) lawn chair and dancing shoes. The line up this year is getting rave reviews!!!

Thank you again for your post!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, stayed one night before a cruise. Would stay again. Great location. Our room was listed as a loft with three beds but was a regular room with two beds and a pull out couch. Worked out fine and they said they didn't have rooms like that. I blame the booking site I used for that.

• Stayed March 2013
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Melmill68,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our hotel. Your comments are going to be shared with our staff this coming Thursday in our weekly meeting. I certainly hope that the next ime you come to New Orleans you choose the Staybridge Suites New Orleans so that we can further impress you with the many things we are doing at the hotel to make your stay in New Orleans even better. I will try my best ot research the booking site you mentioned so that I may partner with that particular site and ask them to correct their records.

Thank you again for your wonderful review!!
Genesee, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We prepaid for our two King Suite rooms for three days each over 8 months and 2 weeks ahead of time to guarantee our post cruise stay. Well $800 for 8 months and there were no rooms on arrival and no apologies from Bridget the desk clerk at Staybridge. Overbooked and computer error were two different excuses. Should it not have been determined by prepayment and time of booking? Yes these were confirmed rooms! They claimed to have called us. I was on the cruise that day, the 28th of Feb. 2013. Our booking was for March 3-6, 2013. My phone had no messages on the return to dock. Huh, a three day notice. Where is the interest on my payment? They did refund the rooms. First only 1 and then I sent my husband back for the second receipt of credit. They told us to Comfort Suites 40 miles away and there would be a room for us. They would pay the first night. I asked what type of accommodations this would be and she had no idea and couldn't say. Then I asked what the price was of the remaining days and she could not tell me. Being furious I tried to remain somewhat civil and asked for directions. She said "Don't you have GPS?" WHAT!!! I hadn't even been given the address yet. I spoke with Priceline using the customer service number on the confirmation and after a short wait I spoke with Beth who turned me over to her supervisor under the circumstances. Yvette the Rep. could not believe they did this and there were no notices to Priceline under this hotel. She spoke with Bridget after being hung up on several times and got no farther than what I told her about. She tried to find me closer rooms but could not unless it was one with bad ratings. I found Priceline friendly and helpful and easy to reach. Once we finally got to the Comfort Suites in Slidell I went to check in and there was no room under our name and they were full. Expletives here. The girl at the desk was apologetic but 17 other rooms were held for Staybridge guests that also had canceled reservations. I called up Bridget at Staybridge and reported that they did not have the rooms she sent us to. She said "Yes they do! I'll call them." and hung up on me. A few minutes later she spoke with the girl at Comfort Suites and told her to do an exchange for a man's name under 2 double bed reservations and give us that and she would take his. I am assuming he was probably part of the conference in New Orleans and he got preference. Or was it the discounted rate I paid for under the prepayment that was dropped for a better rate payer? How can I ever be sure of a prepaid room again? I know hotels hold rooms for conferences, but over 8 months in advance aren't there still a great number of rooms under normal reservations or are all tourists subjected to these unreliable terms? I planned this way in advance with all the details to spend time in New Orleans where I have never been. We traveled 40 miles each way to get back there. I was not enthused about any of it. People were not very friendly in the restaurants either. Slidell was much friendlier and Comfort Inn and Suites were very helpful. I would stay there again. Maybe in the long run Slidell was the better place to stay although it was 50 miles to the airport at 3:30 am which was not planned. I have vacationed for years all over the US, Mexico and the Caribbean many times and have never been treated as poorly as I had been at Staybridge New Orleans. My Husband had spoken with the girls Manager and he just said it was a computer error and that all he could do. They will not ever be a choice of accommodations for us anywhere again. Prepaid rooms evidently have no guarantee of being there when you arrive so what is the purpose? Sign me STEAMED! Deanna K.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Deanna K,

I thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We fell short of our standards for service and providing excellent accommodations during the first week of March by being overbooked. I apologize to you and your family personally for this happening to you after your cruise. In reading your comments I am alerted to the way some things were presented and verbiage used during this difficult time. I review ALL comments with my leadership team and will be addressing these items personally.

My wish is that if you travel back to the New Orleans area that you give us another chance to show you the true spirit of our commitment to service we work hard to provide our guests each day. I would also like to assure you that the issues that caused us to be overbooked have been addressed along with a change of processes that will help us avoid a repeat of falling short of any of our guest's expectations.

True and Sincere Apologies to you and your family.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Staying in close proximity to the French Quarter, I knew the room rates would be exorbitant, but I had prepared myself for the pricetag. Staybridge seemed to be the best option considering location and price. I saw several reviews online stating that once guests arrived, Staybridge had no room for them but I decided to take my chances
Wrong move.

When I arrived at the hotel (late, it would have been past 11pm), the man at the desk seemed brisk and annoyed with me. He then informed me that there were no smoking rooms available. When I showed him that I had booked a smoking room, complete with confirmation numbers and confirmation emails, he gave me the completely uninterested response "well, I don't know why that is". He offered no solution, no sympathy, no apology. Simply stared at me and waited for me to accept his offer of a non-smoking room.

After checking in, I asked the gentleman where I should park my car -- only then was I informed that it would be 30$ a night, on top of the close to 200$/night I was already spending on the room. I initialed a form saying I would pay it just as another man came behind the desk and informed me that there were no more parking spots available.

We went out for a bit and then returned to the hotel, thankful that a spot had opened up in the garage. But then we got lost and ended up in an adjacent apartment complex rather than the hotel! When we finally made it to our room, it was sweltering hot even though the thermostat was set to 68 degrees. We toyed around with the a/c throughout the night, but the room never cooled off.

The only reason I would recommend this hotel is it's location. But let's be honest, there are plenty of other hotels in the same area, so it's not as if we are forced to go with Staybridge or go without.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Racheldeben,

Thank you for your response and taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the Front Desk not having a smoking room upon your arrival followed by a response that is not up to our standards of service. I believe I was able to identify your reservation by your comments and see that the dates of your stay were 3/11-13. I did not see a record of a service call so I took the opportunity to go to that room this afternoon before replying to check the operation of the Air Conditioning unit and it is working properly.

I would like to invite you back to give us another try and I assure you that you will have a totally different experience. Please contact me directly via email at: Dmock@staybridgeneworleans.com so that I may help make your arrangements.

With My Sincerest Apology,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed three nights to attend a conference taking place in another hotel nearby. The Staybridge was almost 100$ less than the conference hotel. The Styabridge also had excellent services. The room was large and comfortable. Free wifi, free breakfast, free drinks the night I arrived (Thursday). The hotel was fairly quiet... as quiet, I suppose, as can be in downtown NO. I was alone, but the room would have been great for a family of four; it had a small and practical kitchenette. The hotel is well located near the French Quarter, waterfront and most of the city's attractions. The staff at the frontdesk was helpful. Frankly, I cannot think of a bad thing to say. Overall, very good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear IanRoberge,

Thank you for your comments and sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our staff and hope that the next time you have an opportunity to come to New Orleans that you return to the Staybridge New Orleans. We have recently completed a lobby renovation along with most of our rooms with plans to complete our rooms this summer. We also have plans to fine tune some of the things we do well to make the value you already recognize even better.

Sincerely Thankful For Your Business,

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!