Staying in close proximity to the French Quarter, I knew the room rates would be exorbitant, but I had prepared myself for the pricetag. Staybridge seemed to be the best option considering location and price. I saw several reviews online stating that once guests arrived, Staybridge had no room for them but I decided to take my chances
When I arrived at the hotel (late, it would have been past 11pm), the man at the desk seemed brisk and annoyed with me. He then informed me that there were no smoking rooms available. When I showed him that I had booked a smoking room, complete with confirmation numbers and confirmation emails, he gave me the completely uninterested response "well, I don't know why that is". He offered no solution, no sympathy, no apology. Simply stared at me and waited for me to accept his offer of a non-smoking room.
After checking in, I asked the gentleman where I should park my car -- only then was I informed that it would be 30$ a night, on top of the close to 200$/night I was already spending on the room. I initialed a form saying I would pay it just as another man came behind the desk and informed me that there were no more parking spots available.
We went out for a bit and then returned to the hotel, thankful that a spot had opened up in the garage. But then we got lost and ended up in an adjacent apartment complex rather than the hotel! When we finally made it to our room, it was sweltering hot even though the thermostat was set to 68 degrees. We toyed around with the a/c throughout the night, but the room never cooled off.
The only reason I would recommend this hotel is it's location. But let's be honest, there are plenty of other hotels in the same area, so it's not as if we are forced to go with Staybridge or go without.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites