All my previous posts have been nothing but positve - but not this one!!! I booked a room (and prepaid!) in June 2012 for 4 nights, Mar. 3-7 of this year. We stayed here precruise (Feb. 23-24). Prior to leaving on the 24th we asked if we could have this room when we returned. He smiled and said "sure". Upon arrival at the hotel on Mar. 3 we were told there was a computer glitch and we no longer had a room. They would put us up in a Super 8 over 30 miles away. I asked him several times how much they would charge us for these rooms and he would not answer. This is totally unacceptable. We simply could not afford the cab fare it would cost to get back and forth to the city (which is why we booked this hotel to avoid that). We noticed there was a HIMSS conference sign in the lobby. I asked the manager to show me that everyone staying there booked prior to me, that I would accept. Said he couldn't do that. We proceeded to ask some of the people checking in when their reservations were made and we told about 4-8 weeks ago. This was happening to several people getting off the boat from their cruise. Clearly, we were booted to "better paying customers". I contacted ICH group (the parent company) and got a simple sorry and gave us 30,000 points which is a drop in the bucket, Lucky if it will pay for one night. I asked to talk to someone higher up and they said the motel is independetly owned and we would have to deal with them.
Also, upon checking my credit card I found the hotel request to refund my money was put in Feb. 25 less than 24 hours after we left. They called everyone, but we were on a cruise and could not be contacted.
ICH guest service people were kind, but they offer nothing and just told me this will go on the motels records.
Just be aware - this could happen to you - and you will have no recourse.
Customer service is becoming a dinosauer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites