“Loved this Place!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #69 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Loved this Place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Loved this Place!! So close to everything - you can walk to everywhere you need to go , or ride streetcar. VERY clean! GREAT staff! Very safe area as well. The rooms are huge w/ great beds, super clean, nice kitchen area w/ everything you need. Breakfast was great, just get there early. But it sure saves you money and time. They let us ck- in early since our flight arrived at 9:30. It was so nice to be able to do that, and then go tour the city. They really go out of their way for you!! We will definitely stay there again, and book other Staybridge Suites when we travel other places. Highly recommend!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start off by saying this hotel has AMAZING staff next to its amazing location! This was my first trip to NOLA and I travelled with girlfriends for my bachelorette. We felt absolutely safe at this hotel!

Prior to our arrival I called to confirm our reservations for a double bed would be accommodated, requested if we could get a higher level floor and an early check in since our flight arrival was 10 am. Once we arrived at the hotel and as soon as I mentioned my name Andrea at the front desk said they were waiting for me and that we can check in! With it being Mardi Gras week I thought it would be a tough chance we’d get the early check in, but the icing on top was that not only had they given me everything I requested for they even gave me a section of the hotel where we’d be able to see the parade, right at Tchoupitoulas & Poydras. That made my day!

The hotel is VERY clean and staff is amazingly friendly. Beds are AMAZINGLY comfortable and the towels are not rough! The rooms are so spacious there’s really nothing I can say wrong about our stay from Feb. 6-10. The kitchenette has plates and cups and it worked well for the nights we just decided to order in and take our left overs back to the hotel.

Hot breakfast does run out, but that’s expected at such a busy time but it was replenished timely. In comparison of what the other big chain hotels around the area offer (which is none) the hot breakfast was amazing! We loved the self-serve made to order waffle maker. Coffee was amazing and so was a variety of beverages. Lack of seating at the breakfast peak was a downside, but we just took our meals back to our room. We often had Bridgette in the dining area helping us and she is a gem! Always greeting us!

Social hour is another bonus at this hotel from Monday – Thursday. We hadn’t realized that they served actual meals as well along with the beverages so we missed the turkey dinner the Thursday night, but we made it for the burger and hot dog meals on Wednesday. Again, that being complimentary is enough! Along with wine, beer & zinfandel it was our pre-party before heading out to Bourbon Street. It’s not gourmet burgers or hot dogs, but it was a meal that prevented us from spending more money outside.

This hotel is literally a 2 minute walk from the Harrah’s casino, 5 minute walk from the Riverwalk Mall and about a 15 minute walk from the central tourist spot of Canal / French Quarters / Bourbon Street.

Take note that a taxi to/from the MSY airport is $36 for 2 people and for 4 or more it’s $14 ea. Taxi is quite expensive in NOLA. To take the bus or the streetcar it’s $1.25 for a single ride or $3 for an all-day pass which you can purchase right on the bus or streetcar and it works for both. But you might as well walk since for safety reasons you’ll just want to stay in the tourist spots.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Location is great. Near Harrah's Casino, restaurants, and night life. Prices are in the ball park for being at this location. parking is expensive, $33 per night on site in a garage located underneath. $29 next door but outside. If you can, cab or take public transit. All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: higher floors are better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Charles, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Have to pay for parking, but I guess you have to everywhere in the FQ. Bed was so comfy, room was big and clean! We would stay there again & I'm pretty picky about my hotels :).
They gave all of my kids mardi gras beads when we checked in & they loved people watching from the 8th floor room!
They had a fabulous full breakfast buffet-make your own belgian waffles & all kinds of other great things to pick from. it was far from a continental breakfast spread!! - omelettes, muffins, cereals, bagels, toast, bacon, fruit, sausage....felt like we were already @ our cruise buffet!
Highly recommend it!!
Staff was friendy too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Vicksburg, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a good hotel in an excellent location. The price is good, the stall is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and well maintained. The free breakfast is typical. My only complaint is limited parking in a cramped parking garage or in public lots nearby, all cost money but that is typical for New Orleans downtown area. Hotel is near many great restaurants, the Riverwalk, close enough to the French Quarter to walk and also the Superdome. Having the full size refrigerator and small kitchen is a nice touch. Also Pet Friendly!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oneonta, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I originally booked the room for a Friday and Saturday night, but then changed it to just Saturday but asked if we could check in early and was told yes!! We arrived at noon on Saturday and was told they had no rooms ready we asked if we could park the car and was told it was 33 dollars to park something we were not told when we made the reservation, the parking area is an adventure to say the least, very hard to navigate. When returned to the hotel at 3 and still our room was not ready, but they did offer to upgrade us to a room that was ready which was nice. We got to our room and the keys would not work after two trips to the front desk they sent someone to fix the door. I have a medical issue and have to keep things cold, needless to say the refrigerator wasn't working they sent someone to fix it, when we returned from going out it still wasn't working, I had to go get ice and put things in a cooler. They did move us to another room, the refridgerator was cool but not cold, had to put things in the freezer which didn't even freeze. Now to the breakfast it was ok, my children had to wait in line for 30 mins for waffles, their needs to be a staff member in the area the lady in front of them remade her waffle several times becomes it would tear and didn't seem to care that there was a line behind her. When we checked out they did refund the parking, I paid in cash for the room and I checked my card that night and had two charges on my card totaling 58 dollars. Which they claim will be refunded! I always pay cash for my hotel stays and have NEVER had a hotel card my card for something I paid in advance for!!!!! If we go back to New Orleans I will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Cheermom1997,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The location alone makes this hotel a good option -- it is within easy walking distance to the French Quarter and the bus line and street cars are easily available. But what really made me want to stay here again was the staff. The front desk staff was courteous, efficient, and enthusiastic about our visit. We stayed for a week and every day they saw us, they addressed us by our names, asked what we did each day, and offered other suggestions to help personalize our visit. The concierge just seemed delighted to give us inside "tips" to certain tourist attractions and restaurants. The breakfasts were fine -- not gourmet, but enough to get us started off each day. The Social Hour in the evenings, though, they were amazing! The Red Beans and Rice served was as good as what I ate at Felix's in the French Quarter and the wine was quite good! The kitchens had the basics needed -- dishware, pots, pans, cutlery, plates, and glassware -- we cooked eggs and used the refrigerator and microwave to heat up our leftovers from the various restaurants as snacks when we relaxed in the living room together. This is a wonderful place to stay. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river, it is lovely at night!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!