“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Saint Charles, Missouri, United States
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Have to pay for parking, but I guess you have to everywhere in the FQ. Bed was so comfy, room was big and clean! We would stay there again & I'm pretty picky about my hotels :).
They gave all of my kids mardi gras beads when we checked in & they loved people watching from the 8th floor room!
They had a fabulous full breakfast buffet-make your own belgian waffles & all kinds of other great things to pick from. it was far from a continental breakfast spread!! - omelettes, muffins, cereals, bagels, toast, bacon, fruit, sausage....felt like we were already @ our cruise buffet!
Highly recommend it!!
Staff was friendy too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Vicksburg, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a good hotel in an excellent location. The price is good, the stall is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and well maintained. The free breakfast is typical. My only complaint is limited parking in a cramped parking garage or in public lots nearby, all cost money but that is typical for New Orleans downtown area. Hotel is near many great restaurants, the Riverwalk, close enough to the French Quarter to walk and also the Superdome. Having the full size refrigerator and small kitchen is a nice touch. Also Pet Friendly!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oneonta, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I originally booked the room for a Friday and Saturday night, but then changed it to just Saturday but asked if we could check in early and was told yes!! We arrived at noon on Saturday and was told they had no rooms ready we asked if we could park the car and was told it was 33 dollars to park something we were not told when we made the reservation, the parking area is an adventure to say the least, very hard to navigate. When returned to the hotel at 3 and still our room was not ready, but they did offer to upgrade us to a room that was ready which was nice. We got to our room and the keys would not work after two trips to the front desk they sent someone to fix the door. I have a medical issue and have to keep things cold, needless to say the refrigerator wasn't working they sent someone to fix it, when we returned from going out it still wasn't working, I had to go get ice and put things in a cooler. They did move us to another room, the refridgerator was cool but not cold, had to put things in the freezer which didn't even freeze. Now to the breakfast it was ok, my children had to wait in line for 30 mins for waffles, their needs to be a staff member in the area the lady in front of them remade her waffle several times becomes it would tear and didn't seem to care that there was a line behind her. When we checked out they did refund the parking, I paid in cash for the room and I checked my card that night and had two charges on my card totaling 58 dollars. Which they claim will be refunded! I always pay cash for my hotel stays and have NEVER had a hotel card my card for something I paid in advance for!!!!! If we go back to New Orleans I will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Cheermom1997,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The location alone makes this hotel a good option -- it is within easy walking distance to the French Quarter and the bus line and street cars are easily available. But what really made me want to stay here again was the staff. The front desk staff was courteous, efficient, and enthusiastic about our visit. We stayed for a week and every day they saw us, they addressed us by our names, asked what we did each day, and offered other suggestions to help personalize our visit. The concierge just seemed delighted to give us inside "tips" to certain tourist attractions and restaurants. The breakfasts were fine -- not gourmet, but enough to get us started off each day. The Social Hour in the evenings, though, they were amazing! The Red Beans and Rice served was as good as what I ate at Felix's in the French Quarter and the wine was quite good! The kitchens had the basics needed -- dishware, pots, pans, cutlery, plates, and glassware -- we cooked eggs and used the refrigerator and microwave to heat up our leftovers from the various restaurants as snacks when we relaxed in the living room together. This is a wonderful place to stay. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river, it is lovely at night!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
n/a
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just read The review by the lady who stayed here over Christmas, wonder if we met at breakfast or in the lobby, as we spent three days at the same time at this property. She is correct that the light breakfast buffet was sometimes iffy, and they did run out of eggs once, but the attendant was more than apologetic, and made every effort to correct shortcomings. AND - The hot breakfast is free, as is a light evening meal served mid-week nights, which includes a more than adequate hot buffet, plus complimentary wine and beer. More than makes up for a few glitches if one is patient.
There is no fancy marbled lobby, just two friendly, knowledgeable people who know how to solve problems and get things done. They know the city, give great directions, know how to get your FREE with-if up and running.
Staybridge Suites sits at the edge of the French Quarter, in a cluster of toney, high priced hotels, but why pay the $$$ of a Sheraton,mor the Lowe's Next door? Rooms here are clean, kitchens well stocked, and you can have full maid service every day if requested, or none at all. This suits me fine for a three day stay, just requested towels one. Despite being on the 17th floor, water pressure and temps were fine, which can be a problem in NOLA.
Self parking your car in the hotel's garage is an adventure beyond description, we loved the quirky old facility. Parking is expensive, check rates here vs commercial lot across the street. Ask the desk people how to get to Mother's, a block away, for breakfast or lunch. Loved by locals, it's pure, undiluted gastronomic pleasure - save the fine dining for another time.
BTW, this is a pet friendly hotel, but be aware that NOLA is one of the least pet perfect friendly cities you'll ever visit.... Noisy, no grass anywhere near most hotels.

Room Tip: As for a 17th or 18th floor room that faces the river
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I consider myself easygoing but I found I had to keep asking to speak to kitchen staff almost every morning throughout my stay here to ask for common things like egg, yogurt and even cutlery.
Only one waffle machine was available for a hotel that size meaning long waiting time(about 30mins) to make one waffle.
Rooms were ok but floor carpet was dirty and stained 'Light cleaning consited of simple change of toilleteries and emptying trash cans. I had to ask for proper cleaning on the 5th day.

It is only logical that a family staying in a 2 bed suite would need some cleaning more than once a week!!

I have stayed in many hotels including other Staybridge suites in other cities and this hotel is just a bad experience as far as I am conncerned.

It almost ruined our Chrismas break. 'had to check out earlier because we had had enough.

Staff were generally friendly and helpful hence the 2 points but the kitchen staff for breakfast did not have a handle on things at all and would give excuses such as it suddenly became busy just now and around 7.00 am we were able to cope better. 'would you believe that?

I'm not sure I will be willing to try Staybridge hotels in cities I have not been to after this experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear CarolBHouston,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, LA.

Orlando A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hotel exceeded our expectations. Nice friendly staff, pleasant and spacious room and good service. There was a well equipped kitchenette with a stove and microwave. A morning healthy breakfast buffet was good, though they did run out of food towards the end. A nice surprise was a complimentary happy hour snack early evening (only from Tuesdays to Thursdays), which was almost a full meal. Parking was steep - just over 30$, but we could keep our car a few hours after check-out, so as to do more sightseeing in the French quarter. The location is great - within walking distance to French quarter and the port.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!