Just read The review by the lady who stayed here over Christmas, wonder if we met at breakfast or in the lobby, as we spent three days at the same time at this property. She is correct that the light breakfast buffet was sometimes iffy, and they did run out of eggs once, but the attendant was more than apologetic, and made every effort to correct shortcomings. AND - The hot breakfast is free, as is a light evening meal served mid-week nights, which includes a more than adequate hot buffet, plus complimentary wine and beer. More than makes up for a few glitches if one is patient.
There is no fancy marbled lobby, just two friendly, knowledgeable people who know how to solve problems and get things done. They know the city, give great directions, know how to get your FREE with-if up and running.
Staybridge Suites sits at the edge of the French Quarter, in a cluster of toney, high priced hotels, but why pay the $$$ of a Sheraton,mor the Lowe's Next door? Rooms here are clean, kitchens well stocked, and you can have full maid service every day if requested, or none at all. This suits me fine for a three day stay, just requested towels one. Despite being on the 17th floor, water pressure and temps were fine, which can be a problem in NOLA.
Self parking your car in the hotel's garage is an adventure beyond description, we loved the quirky old facility. Parking is expensive, check rates here vs commercial lot across the street. Ask the desk people how to get to Mother's, a block away, for breakfast or lunch. Loved by locals, it's pure, undiluted gastronomic pleasure - save the fine dining for another time.
BTW, this is a pet friendly hotel, but be aware that NOLA is one of the least pet perfect friendly cities you'll ever visit.... Noisy, no grass anywhere near most hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites