“Great concept for longer stays” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #76 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Salmon Arm
“Great concept for longer stays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This compact little home away from home, with its small kitchen and welcoming common room downstairs, is just right if you are spending three or four days in The Big Easy. Just off Canal Street, it is far enough from the craziness of the French Quarter to serve as a refuge while being central enough for easy access to all of this great city -- Magazine Street, the up-and-coming Warehouse District, River Walk, Marigny and Frenchmen, and Uptown. And great places you might not otherwise visit, like the Wine Institute of New Orleans (WINO) with its dozens of wines for the tasting, are just around the corner. While you give up the charm and personal touches of the B&Bs where we normally stay (i.e. Royal Street Courtyard), Staybridge happily accepts dogs (with a small deposit) and does its best to remain friendly and welcoming, providing appies and wine some evenings and always available coffee in the common room. Not everything is perfect -- the morning breakfasts are pretty motel chain predictable, and (pet peeve notice) it irks me that they use environmentally unfriendly Styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery and glasses. Come on, folks; how much does a dishwasher cost. Nice place I would definitely stay at again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Reading Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff were great at the hotel as was the room. We were there for a wedding and the church was 2 blocks away and the reception was 3 more from there so it was very close. It's an easy walk to the french quarter and the hotel is right in the warehouse district a few blocks from the WW2 museum. The only complaint was that we were on the top floor and we never had really hot water to shower with. I'm guessing it was due to the number of guests was low and the demand for hot water was down and by the time it got to us it had cooled down quite a bit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Moore, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel for location but as far as anything else it was lacking. Upon check-in, the customer service was lacking. If you asked ANY of the front desk staff a question, they seemed put out. I was bothered by this since they were one of the host hotels.
The rooms are VERY small and dingy. They need an update. The beds are horrible. I would have much rather slept on the couch, oh wait, I did!
If this hotel was updated and had more customer service, I would consider staying here; otherwise, I would spend another $20 a night and go down the road.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Trina26
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here twice. Roomy suites, right on a parade route during MG. Free food, wine and beer on Thursdays! There is a small pool. Free fantastic breakfast in the mornings!
Easy walk to Casino ,French Quarter, Street Car, Riverwalk!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel had plenty of perks and I had a very good discount through the film festival which block-booked the rooms. We got there early and they were happy to hold our bags for us until check-in and offered to call us when our room was ready. Monique, the woman on duty, was very friendly and gave me a string of Mardi-Gras beads to welcome us.

When we finally got up to our room we were pleasantly surprised by how big it was. It had a nice kitchenette with free microwave popcorn, coffee. Internet connection was good. The only drawback for the room was that the thermostat was impossible to adjust, even by my technogeek husband, so it stayed at 63 degrees, but we both agreed that too cold was better than too hot. And the lock on the door was problematic..hard to lock and unlock. We told them at the desk at checkout and they said they would see about fixing it and allowed that the thermostat was tricky.

The curtain had a cigarette burn through it; made me wonder if some people smoke in non-smoking rooms. Didn't notice any smoky smell, though.

We had the free breakfast the next morning. There weren't many places to sit as the hotel was packed but the breakfast was sufficiently good. But since you're in N.O., unless you're on a budget you might want to skip the hotel meal and have something yummy, maybe at Mother's across the street, which seemed to be drawing a crowd.

The pool was small, but fine if you just want to have a soak to relax.

Parking is expensive, @ $30 at the hotel and the lot across the street. But it's cheaper here than in the French Quarter and you can come and go knowing that there's no guarantee there will be a space when you return. (We never had a problem, tho.) Metered parking on the street is the cheapest, but there's a 2 hour limit. Just decide you're going to have to pay and go and have fun!

I would definitely stay here again if I had the same discount!

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the east side have a nice view of the city.
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

It is a peak time (35000 people came to NO for professional meeting and most hotels around convention center were sold). I was really surprised how good quality this hotel is. Rate was $254 per night plus tax for huge 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with nice living room, working area and small kitchen. Hot breakfast is good and comparable to Embassy suites. Free and really fast WiFi internet, very good room service. Nice manager reception (free wine and appetizers) during working day. Quality of bed is really good and comparable to Hilton on River walk.
Very recommend if you want to have nice quite stay in the center of New Orleans and close to everything.

Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I wonder if I stayed at the same hotel as the one star reviewer? TThis hotel was one of the conference hotels, and I chose it because it was one of the most reasonably priced and only 0.5 mi from the Convention Center. The rooms are spacious because they are suites. I had a full kitchen, office area, living room area and bed area. My plane was late, late, late, but the gals checked me in with a smile. I asked for an upper level room to be away from the street noise, but no go. On the second floor actually facing the street. But, it was because the hotel was booked up for the conference. The street noise is loud but luckily I travel with ear plugs. The room price includes a hot breakfast. And Tu-Th they have a very nice happy hour. Unlimited glasses of wine or beer, with snacks and light supper type food. They actually grilled the burgers on a Weber grill the night I was there. So you only have to pay for your low country/cajun lunch. I found the entire staff friendly always with a smile and pleasant conversation. Another guest commented about the "nasty pool". While I was there, it was clean and I swam laps in my "personal pool" each of three days. Yeah, it is small, so I had to swim 50 lengths to get a good workout, but since I was the only one there, who cares. The only downside was that most of the surfaces in the kitchen felt a little sticky to the touch. I wonder if it is the effect of the humidity on the budget cabinet finish. If you are on the lower floors you cannot use the stairs, because you get locked in. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors and facing the court yard/pool. They are quieter.
1 Thank WIsconsinTravelerToo