“Will be back for sure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #54 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Reading Pa
“Will be back for sure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff were great at the hotel as was the room. We were there for a wedding and the church was 2 blocks away and the reception was 3 more from there so it was very close. It's an easy walk to the french quarter and the hotel is right in the warehouse district a few blocks from the WW2 museum. The only complaint was that we were on the top floor and we never had really hot water to shower with. I'm guessing it was due to the number of guests was low and the demand for hot water was down and by the time it got to us it had cooled down quite a bit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Moore, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel for location but as far as anything else it was lacking. Upon check-in, the customer service was lacking. If you asked ANY of the front desk staff a question, they seemed put out. I was bothered by this since they were one of the host hotels.
The rooms are VERY small and dingy. They need an update. The beds are horrible. I would have much rather slept on the couch, oh wait, I did!
If this hotel was updated and had more customer service, I would consider staying here; otherwise, I would spend another $20 a night and go down the road.

• Stayed November 2012
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here twice. Roomy suites, right on a parade route during MG. Free food, wine and beer on Thursdays! There is a small pool. Free fantastic breakfast in the mornings!
Easy walk to Casino ,French Quarter, Street Car, Riverwalk!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel had plenty of perks and I had a very good discount through the film festival which block-booked the rooms. We got there early and they were happy to hold our bags for us until check-in and offered to call us when our room was ready. Monique, the woman on duty, was very friendly and gave me a string of Mardi-Gras beads to welcome us.

When we finally got up to our room we were pleasantly surprised by how big it was. It had a nice kitchenette with free microwave popcorn, coffee. Internet connection was good. The only drawback for the room was that the thermostat was impossible to adjust, even by my technogeek husband, so it stayed at 63 degrees, but we both agreed that too cold was better than too hot. And the lock on the door was problematic..hard to lock and unlock. We told them at the desk at checkout and they said they would see about fixing it and allowed that the thermostat was tricky.

The curtain had a cigarette burn through it; made me wonder if some people smoke in non-smoking rooms. Didn't notice any smoky smell, though.

We had the free breakfast the next morning. There weren't many places to sit as the hotel was packed but the breakfast was sufficiently good. But since you're in N.O., unless you're on a budget you might want to skip the hotel meal and have something yummy, maybe at Mother's across the street, which seemed to be drawing a crowd.

The pool was small, but fine if you just want to have a soak to relax.

Parking is expensive, @ $30 at the hotel and the lot across the street. But it's cheaper here than in the French Quarter and you can come and go knowing that there's no guarantee there will be a space when you return. (We never had a problem, tho.) Metered parking on the street is the cheapest, but there's a 2 hour limit. Just decide you're going to have to pay and go and have fun!

I would definitely stay here again if I had the same discount!

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the east side have a nice view of the city.
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

It is a peak time (35000 people came to NO for professional meeting and most hotels around convention center were sold). I was really surprised how good quality this hotel is. Rate was $254 per night plus tax for huge 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with nice living room, working area and small kitchen. Hot breakfast is good and comparable to Embassy suites. Free and really fast WiFi internet, very good room service. Nice manager reception (free wine and appetizers) during working day. Quality of bed is really good and comparable to Hilton on River walk.
Very recommend if you want to have nice quite stay in the center of New Orleans and close to everything.

Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I wonder if I stayed at the same hotel as the one star reviewer? TThis hotel was one of the conference hotels, and I chose it because it was one of the most reasonably priced and only 0.5 mi from the Convention Center. The rooms are spacious because they are suites. I had a full kitchen, office area, living room area and bed area. My plane was late, late, late, but the gals checked me in with a smile. I asked for an upper level room to be away from the street noise, but no go. On the second floor actually facing the street. But, it was because the hotel was booked up for the conference. The street noise is loud but luckily I travel with ear plugs. The room price includes a hot breakfast. And Tu-Th they have a very nice happy hour. Unlimited glasses of wine or beer, with snacks and light supper type food. They actually grilled the burgers on a Weber grill the night I was there. So you only have to pay for your low country/cajun lunch. I found the entire staff friendly always with a smile and pleasant conversation. Another guest commented about the "nasty pool". While I was there, it was clean and I swam laps in my "personal pool" each of three days. Yeah, it is small, so I had to swim 50 lengths to get a good workout, but since I was the only one there, who cares. The only downside was that most of the surfaces in the kitchen felt a little sticky to the touch. I wonder if it is the effect of the humidity on the budget cabinet finish. If you are on the lower floors you cannot use the stairs, because you get locked in. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors and facing the court yard/pool. They are quieter.
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

During our recent trip to New Orleans, we had the pleasure of staying at the Staybridge Suites, 501 Tchoupitoulas St. New Orleans, LA. We were there from Thursday-Monday, 9/20-24/2011. Even though this is an extended stay location, I can see why someone would want to make this place a home. It is such a warm and welcoming environment.

The complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet is one to be appreciated. It’s offered Monday-Friday (6:30a-9:30a); Saturday and Sunday (7:30a-10:30a) - with plenty of food to choose from to start your day off.

There is a Social Evening Reception (complimentary and hosted by the Staybridge Suites’ team, Tuesday-Thursday 5:30p-7:30p). While there we did have to utilize their business center as well (this too was include in our stay). The business center is a 24/7 operation. Also, this location has on site: A Laundry Room, Den, and A Pantry Convenience Store.

Housekeeping Services: By this being an extended stay location, we knew to request the use of these services. So we managed to get “full service” in the area of housekeeping needs during our entire stay. Otherwise the way it works is: “Light Touch” Service is provided daily, Monday-Friday; “Full Service” is provided weekly; and Weekend housekeeping services is provided on a requested basis only.

The location of the “suites” is directly across the streets from “Mother’s Restaurant; a block down from the Casino; and a block or two from where we’d pick up the trolley. Using the trolley, we’d get an all day ride ticket at a cost of $3.00. But now, if you’ve 65 and older it would only cost $0.40 a ride. I might add, the location of the hotel is in walking distance of the Ernest Moral Convention Center as well. So we were able to get our exercise in while we walked; although, there is also a fitness room on site at the suites. Their other recreational features included: Sport Court, Swimming Pool and BBQ Pavilion (opened daily 8am-10pm).

I’d like to send out a special “Thank You” to the staff who made our stay more pleasant than imagined: Again , thanks: Mark , Ronnell and Crystal. What a great team of people working at this location. Oh yea, I don’t want to forget to say thanks to: “Sabrina” from housekeeping, I remember leaving behind something very personal to me. Once I called back to the hotel (even though the one who cleaned the room was off) it was Sabrina who back tracked to locate my item. Thanks again each and every one of you for making our stay here most pleasant. I loved it so much I requested to receive one of those “hotel reward cards.” You know the one where you earn points for staying at their location. This was our first time staying there but it will not be our last. The next time we travel, I'm definitely going to look for a Staybridge Suites location.

The four of us was in New Orleans to attend the AARP convention - that too was off the chain. And next year the convention will be in Atlanta - I certainly not going to miss that either.

Room Tip: The tip I can give for choosing "a good room" is: Don't stay anywhere but at the Stay...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!