“Perfect Oasis While in New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #54 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Kansas
“Perfect Oasis While in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel provides a perfect resting place while you explore New Orleans. Happy Hour means free beer and wine on certain nights in the lobby. Proximity to the Convention Center and the French Quarter means that you can exist here without needing to rent a car. If you choose to walk to most destinations, you'll also save parking fees, which can add up. Parking is available across the street; however, you 'll wind up paying between $30 and $40 a day for this privilege. The hotel is super clean and quiet. We used our in-room refrigerator and microwave daily. You can have breakfast in the dining room, and this includes a variety of eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, juices and other items. Consider taking an apple or banana up to your room for a late night snack! The hotel is surprisingly affordable when you compare it to neighboring properties. It is located right across the street from "Mother's" and you won't want to miss out on some authentic New Orleans cuisine there, including the baked ham. The surrounding streets are funky eclectic, and safe. You can easily walk to the World War II museum. If you have children who are picky, you'll find plenty of familiar foods in the Staybridge Pantry or you can walk a ways down the street to find a Subway or Wendy's. The French Market is an easy and pleasant walk. At no time during our stay did we have issues with safety. We were also able to book some tours that picked us up right in front of our hotel. The staff there is awesome - dedicated to making your stay pleasant and comfortable. They are friendly and accommodating. If you are traveling with family members, this is the way to go! There is also a small, outdoors swimming pool located off of the dining room. You will find this hotel to be a cool, pleasant respite while you get to know the city. When I head back to New Orleans, I'm staying here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
salt lake city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here with 3 friends in March. We stated in a 3 bedroom suite with 4 beds. It was perfect we each had our own bed. Breakfast was good every morning. In the suite I liked the fact we had a kitchen and a living area to sit in. Parking is $25 per day. The hotel is waking distance from the trolley that takes you to the French quarter.

• Stayed March 2011
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Just went to New Orleans for 1 night. Decided to stay at this hotelbecause it was an excellent location. Right next to Harrah's casino and a 15 minute walk to the French Quarters. Although we had to pay $30 a day for parking, we figured we'd pay the same anywhere else in the city. The front desk personnel (Paul) was delightful. I suppose I was expecting more from a hotel apart of the priority club. The bed was stiff and hard, but after a full night of drinking on Bourbon St I didn't even notice when we were ready for bed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Barrie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Not too impressed with our stay at this hotel. Management tried to change our rate prior to arrival despite our confirmed reservation. The option they gave me was to pay a rate that is $100 higher than the confirmed rate or face downgrading in room type. They tried to blame the issue with the rate to their Central Reservation office...when in fact the hotel failed to set a minimum length of stay on the special rate we were to received for the Rotary International Convention. I had to reached out to IHG Customer Care department to get the hotel to honoured the rate....and despite all that that they still tried to charge me $100 more per night at check-in.
Location was good, front desk agent and Paul (the FD Supervisor/manager) were helpful. However, housekeeping is very poor. The suite was dirty, sticky kitchen floor, dirty and filthy carpet and during our 5 nights stay our carpet was never vacuumed. Definitely lack of attention and lack of pride in the housekeeping area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I recently returned from the International Rotary Convention in New Orleans. I had the opportunity to interact with Staybridge Suites for the first time in my life and it was a terrible experience. In fact Staybridge Suites outright failed the Rotary four-way test which is:

1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

Mine is just one incident that I'm aware of and it goes like this:

I booked my hotel in November 2010 for the May 2011 conference. I still have the confirmation in my inbox (66355521) at the special conference rate of $109.99. The night before our departure, I called to confirm our stay only to find out they cancel my reservation in April. When asked why, their response was, "Because we tried to charge your credit card last month and it was declined."

Firstly, why would a hotel try to charge a client's credit card one month before the reservation. Secondly, of course my credit card was declined. The credit card I used in November 2010 expired in February 2011 so I have a new card with the same credit card number, but with a new expiry date. Pretty simple.

When I asked them why they didn't call me, they told me they called my cell. I find this odd because I didn't receive a voice mail or text or anything. They never tried to email me either even though they successfully emailed my confirmation to me. Odd.

This was only one incident of many within my group. Staybridge canceled another couple's room and increased the price for others. What clearly happened here is that Staybridge realized their $109.99 price was too low after they discovered there were Rotarians coming in from all over the world so they increased prices and canceled people's rooms so they could sell them at a much higher rate.

I'd like to know if Staybridge has any Rotarians on staff in their senior management team.

I stayed at the Sheraton and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Riverview, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was a little hesitant as I was reading some of the reviews, worried that we might arrive to no room. I called the week before and confirmed everything was okay. We arrived and could not have been greeted by a friendlier person - Erika on the front desk was wonderful. Every day that she was there she always said hello and was curious as to what we were doing and if we were having a good time. The room was clean, and a great size. We could not have asked for better housekeeping, each day when we got back to the room everything was taken care of. The breakfast was more than sufficient, with so many choices, well stocked and friendly staff. We took advantage of 3 Sundowners and were very surprised with the meals, from Pulled Pork sandwiches, to a great BBQ and even Roast Beef one night. Our check out also went smoothly, we have nothing but great comments. This was our first time staying in a Staybridge, but it won't be our last.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, but in a polite manner.