“Untrustworthy... period” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Tchoupitoulas St., at Poydras, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #53 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Barrie, Canada
“Untrustworthy... period”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I recently returned from the International Rotary Convention in New Orleans. I had the opportunity to interact with Staybridge Suites for the first time in my life and it was a terrible experience. In fact Staybridge Suites outright failed the Rotary four-way test which is:

1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

Mine is just one incident that I'm aware of and it goes like this:

I booked my hotel in November 2010 for the May 2011 conference. I still have the confirmation in my inbox (66355521) at the special conference rate of $109.99. The night before our departure, I called to confirm our stay only to find out they cancel my reservation in April. When asked why, their response was, "Because we tried to charge your credit card last month and it was declined."

Firstly, why would a hotel try to charge a client's credit card one month before the reservation. Secondly, of course my credit card was declined. The credit card I used in November 2010 expired in February 2011 so I have a new card with the same credit card number, but with a new expiry date. Pretty simple.

When I asked them why they didn't call me, they told me they called my cell. I find this odd because I didn't receive a voice mail or text or anything. They never tried to email me either even though they successfully emailed my confirmation to me. Odd.

This was only one incident of many within my group. Staybridge canceled another couple's room and increased the price for others. What clearly happened here is that Staybridge realized their $109.99 price was too low after they discovered there were Rotarians coming in from all over the world so they increased prices and canceled people's rooms so they could sell them at a much higher rate.

I'd like to know if Staybridge has any Rotarians on staff in their senior management team.

I stayed at the Sheraton and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Riverview, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was a little hesitant as I was reading some of the reviews, worried that we might arrive to no room. I called the week before and confirmed everything was okay. We arrived and could not have been greeted by a friendlier person - Erika on the front desk was wonderful. Every day that she was there she always said hello and was curious as to what we were doing and if we were having a good time. The room was clean, and a great size. We could not have asked for better housekeeping, each day when we got back to the room everything was taken care of. The breakfast was more than sufficient, with so many choices, well stocked and friendly staff. We took advantage of 3 Sundowners and were very surprised with the meals, from Pulled Pork sandwiches, to a great BBQ and even Roast Beef one night. Our check out also went smoothly, we have nothing but great comments. This was our first time staying in a Staybridge, but it won't be our last.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, but in a polite manner.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
baton rouge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

as a reward member of harahs , my wife called to book a stay useing our reward points, the lady ask my wife to call back later as the reservation computer was acting up when we called back to verify she said the rate had jumped over two hundred dollars ..since the last time we called..30 min. earlier..i booked at the loews instead...i doubt ill ever stay again at staybridge.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Three days before our reservation I received a letter in the mail that my reservation could not be honored and I was bumped to a lesser hotel multiple blocks away. I made the reservation 8 months ago due to this being a Jazz Fest weekend and hotels can be VERY hard to find. Called and emailed the General Manager who sent the letter. NO RESPONSE. Spoke with Customer Service and Guest Relations and was offered nothing more than standard policy of this lesser booking posted on their website.

Proceed with caution. They will overbook and pick the higher rates over you. I have stayed at this hotel several other times and this was my New Orleans choice but i will never stay there again. You should not either unless you want to zero faith in your reservation.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Attended a large national conference in New Orleans with the two anchor hotels for the conference being the Marriott and the Sheraton on Canal Street. The Staybridge is four blocks away in the central business district, so it is quiet with convenient access to "Mothers" and the Casino. Great breakfasts and weekday receptions with drinks and light dinners. Very clean and friendly with reasonable rates. Efficiency rooms that are great for extended stays. Also within an easy walk of the Convention Center.

I was not disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade based upon your loyalty card.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Have stayed there twice. Like it. Excellent location. But I received a letter (!) from them on the Monday before the Thursday I was to check in telling me they had booked me into the Residence Inn on St. Joseph St. 6 blocks farther away from the French quarter. Our friends had booked the hotel next door so we could be near after they tried and got shut out at the Staybridge. Called the hotel and she said they had overbooked by 25 parties arriving on that date. Made the reservation 1/8/11 for a 4/28/11 arrival. At least they told me ahead of time unlike one of the other reviewers. Maybe management has changed? Comping my first night at the Residence Inn though.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We booked to stay in this hotel in July 2010 for Mardi Gras. Arrived at hotel on March 4 to be told they had no rooms and that we had to stay at a Marriott. The Marriott was really good. Really disappointed that a hotel could cancel your room for Mardi Gras without telling us.....

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!