I recently returned from the International Rotary Convention in New Orleans. I had the opportunity to interact with Staybridge Suites for the first time in my life and it was a terrible experience. In fact Staybridge Suites outright failed the Rotary four-way test which is:
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Mine is just one incident that I'm aware of and it goes like this:
I booked my hotel in November 2010 for the May 2011 conference. I still have the confirmation in my inbox (66355521) at the special conference rate of $109.99. The night before our departure, I called to confirm our stay only to find out they cancel my reservation in April. When asked why, their response was, "Because we tried to charge your credit card last month and it was declined."
Firstly, why would a hotel try to charge a client's credit card one month before the reservation. Secondly, of course my credit card was declined. The credit card I used in November 2010 expired in February 2011 so I have a new card with the same credit card number, but with a new expiry date. Pretty simple.
When I asked them why they didn't call me, they told me they called my cell. I find this odd because I didn't receive a voice mail or text or anything. They never tried to email me either even though they successfully emailed my confirmation to me. Odd.
This was only one incident of many within my group. Staybridge canceled another couple's room and increased the price for others. What clearly happened here is that Staybridge realized their $109.99 price was too low after they discovered there were Rotarians coming in from all over the world so they increased prices and canceled people's rooms so they could sell them at a much higher rate.
I'd like to know if Staybridge has any Rotarians on staff in their senior management team.
I stayed at the Sheraton and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites