“This is my favorite spot to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DeBruyne Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
DeBruyne Guest House
You added DeBruyne Guest House to your Saves list
2621 Chartres St., New Orleans, LA 70117 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #106 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“This is my favorite spot to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

I've stayed at the Debruyne guest houses several times (4?, 5?.. always gets fuzzy when I go to New Orleans for some reason...) I've stayed in both the Pool house and Townhouse rooms. They are both very nice and the pool area is one of the most tranquil and relaxing spots you could find. The pictures on their website do not do it justice. Every stay has been great and Dale goes out of his way to ensure that you have a wonderful time. Phone and wireless intenet in the rooms, maps, TV, Books, fine antiques and walking distance to plenty of good places to eat and drink. I usually walk to Bourbon and then take a taxi back at the end of the night ($6-$8). If you are looking for a great place to stay, I highly recommend that this be your first choice. I've stayed in the hotels when in town for conferences and will never do so again after finding this gem of a spot. (PS the blue cheese steak at Feelings is quite good too)

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

We stayed at the Guest House for several nights with another couple. We stayed in one of the Townhouses. It had 2 bedrooms upstairs with one bath. Downstairs there is a living room, kitchen, half bath and an additional bedroom (it is actually the dining room of the house that they have converted into a bedroom--it has no door and is open to the rest of the downstairs). It was a nice place for 2 couples to stay--we each had our own room, and room to hang out together. It would also be nice for a family with kids. It is pretty much self-service. They leave plenty of towels, etc., but there's no daily maid service, etc. The owner was friendly and helpful. I thought the pool would be right out our door. If you stay in the pool house, it is. For the townhouses, you have to walk outside and then go through a gate next to the house and walk down the side of the house to the back to get to the pool. I envisioned hanging out there more, but when we were there, there were people staying in the pool house, and it felt like "their" pool, even though it is for everyone's use. The pool isn't heated. Beds were very comfortable (down comforters and nice pillows). Bathroom could've been cleaner....it was OK, but definitely not spotless. The Guest House is farther from the Quarter than I imagined....we always took a taxi back at night, which cost about $7 for the 4 of us (it would be $4-5 with fewer people in the taxi, I think). The distance was sort of a pain, because once we headed out in the morning, we couldn't just stop back in to rest during the day....once we were out, we didn't go back until the evening. Had never been in the Faubourg Marigny before....there are some restaurants close by, but most things are a good distance away, and I wouldn't have felt comfortable walking at night...

Simi Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2004

We "discovered" this wonderful innkeeper/restaurant owner by accident when we insisted that the terribly B&B we were booked in move us to a new location. The disaster turned into a wonderful trip and a wonderful discovery. Dale's guesthouse and restaurant are both fabulous and we are so glad we got the chance to explore the funky, friendly neighborhood of the Marigny. We couldn't have had a better place to spend my husband's 50th birthday and what a great place to party with the neighborhood and participate in the St. Patrick's Day parade.

Great accomodations, friendly locals, walking distance to the Quarter, who could ask for more? Plus you simply MUST go to the restaruant, "Feelings". The food and service are terrific (and we also ate at Commander's Palace and Delmonico's that week) and the courtyard is the most romantic place we ahve ever dined.

I can't rave enough about this place. Thanks so much Dale for saving our vacation.

Been to DeBruyne Guest House? Share your experiences!