I belong to a group of women who get together once a year to chat, drink a few drinks and just hang out together. This year our group had 60 women and we needed a place to be able to accomodate us all for dinners and just hanging out. This house was perfect for us. We decorated the house and Peter was so kind to help us clean up afterwards! His sweet dog was a lovely little party favor we all enjoyed petting.
The rooms were well decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious (I recommend the french toast with fruit!). The coffee was fresh and always seemed to be waiting for us as soon as we got downstairs which I loved.
The only downside I can even say is that if you don't have a car to get around you'll need to rely on cabs which don't frequent this neighborhood that we could see. You'll need to call ahead to request a cab. They come quickly (10-20 min), generally, and it only costs about $10 to get a ride to the heart of the French Quarter.
If you do bring a car there's a gated drive that we were able to use which was perfect.
Thanks a million to the owners and especially Peter who rescued us after we locked ourselves out and for being so gracious with our group.
I'll definitely be bringing my husband back for a couples trip someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not your normal Bed and Breakfast. The Five Continents is a reflection of the owners' world travels and life experiences. Both the founding and current owners have lived in or visited five of the seven continents of the world, hence the name. Located just six blocks from the French Quarter down the historic Esplanade and close to the Race Track at the Fairgrounds where the world famous New Orleans Jazz Festival is held, the Five Continents is perfectly situated for a memorable visit to the "Big Easy". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Five Continents Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 5 Continents Bed And Breakfast
- Five Continents Hotel New Orleans
- Five Continents b&b