We stayed at Five Continents for three nights in early October, 2012. I chose this B&B because of the cost and the good TA reviews. In the event, we were very satisfied with the experience.
We stayed in Asian room, which I understand is the least nice room. Having said that, it exceeded our expectations... a really large and comfortable bedroom with an adjoining sitting parlour. What more could we want?!
The decor of the house seems evocative of something old worldly... I imagine it's how houses must have been furnished in Old New Orleans. Breakfast was a sumptuous affair with fresh fruit, coffee, toast and scrumptious omelettes. Peter the owner was friendly, reliable and ran the house very efficiently.
As for location, the cost should imply this isn't in the heart of the famous French Quarter, but it's a nice 20-30 minute walk... exactly what I needed with so much delicious New Orleans food being a constant temptation.
If we ever visited New Orleans again, we'd definitely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not your normal Bed and Breakfast. The Five Continents is a reflection of the owners' world travels and life experiences. Both the founding and current owners have lived in or visited five of the seven continents of the world, hence the name. Located just six blocks from the French Quarter down the historic Esplanade and close to the Race Track at the Fairgrounds where the world famous New Orleans Jazz Festival is held, the Five Continents is perfectly situated for a memorable visit to the "Big Easy". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Five Continents Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 5 Continents Bed And Breakfast
- Five Continents Hotel New Orleans
- Five Continents b&b