We stayed there in the Eurasian Suite, two rooms and a bathroom, looks exactly like on the web site pictures. The funny part they have some Egyptian themed pictures there and Egypt is in Africa, not in Eurasia, but who cares. One thing the suite was missing is a good TV. The one in the room was so small - we didn't even bother to try it out. The beds were definitely old, not super comfortable but ok to sleep.
The building is old and well restored. It's quite and comfortable.
The breakfast was nice and the owner was very helpful.
The place is about 20-25 minutes walk from the French Quarter (depending where you go) and you have to walk under a freeway, so it's kind of doable, but I wish it were a bit closer. It's probably a quick cab ride, but when we called taxi in the evening, they said that we would need to wait about 15 mins, so either way it would take time to get there.
There is a gated parking behind the building. It's quite tight, so getting in and turning around was a bit of a challenge even with our Corolla.
Overall, this is a good place to stay, you'll get top notch service and everything you see on the web site. However, next time I'd probably look for something a bit closer to the French Quarter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not your normal Bed and Breakfast. The Five Continents is a reflection of the owners' world travels and life experiences. Both the founding and current owners have lived in or visited five of the seven continents of the world, hence the name. Located just six blocks from the French Quarter down the historic Esplanade and close to the Race Track at the Fairgrounds where the world famous New Orleans Jazz Festival is held, the Five Continents is perfectly situated for a memorable visit to the "Big Easy". A gourmet Breakfast is provided between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. Guests order from a menu of various freshly cooked specialties. Pets are welcome in the North American Cottage. An important note about parking at the Five Continents.... Our parking area in the courtyard can comfortably accomodate four or five guest cars. The courtyard, driveway, and gate are from the late 19th century. They were designed for horses and carrages. Small and normal-sized cars fit very well. Please be aware that vans, pick-up trucks, larger SUVs, and trailers will likely not fit into the gate or driveway and cannot be accomodated in the parking area. There is, however, ample unrestricted parking on the street for vehicles which do not fit into our courtyard area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Five Continents Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Five Continents b&b
- 5 Continents Bed And Breakfast
- Five Continents Hotel New Orleans