“Very Nice Room” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nebraska
“Very Nice Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Went there for a 5 night vacation. I usually stay in the Quarter, rooms that are unique, antique, with that old world French Quarter feel. I decided to stay at Harah's this trip, in part because they comped us a room. The room was very very nice, clean, new. The bed was very comfortable. The bathtub huge and luxurious. The front desk staff were very polite with great customer service. The one thing that was a little annoying was the housekeeping forgot to stock up the coffee daily. We survived it though, by openning the door and stealing it off the housekeeper's cart!
Overall, very very nice. I will stay there again if I get the chance.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Overall I enjoyed my stay. As a new visitor to NOLA, the directions from this website could be improved tho. I drove from East Texas & the directions were very good except when you get to the corner of S Peters & Poydras the 1st thing you see is the Harrahs Casino across the street. I assumed the hotel & casino were all one property, it's not. As you're driving on S Peters you need to make a right into the hotel before crossing Poydras. Or as the directions on the site says, turn R on Poydras & go to the parking garage. Thats fine as long as you're not checking in the hotel. If you stay at the hotel, just pull into the hotel 1st to check in, then go to the parking garage. I also think as a guest of the hotel, valet parking should be comped. As a gambler tho, the parking garage is validated with your play time in the casino. I look forward to my next visit to NOLA. Had a great weekend!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

we stayed here 3 nights.location is perfect.rooms are very nice and the staff extremely helpful and friendly.i look forward to staying here again.my only negative comment would be the buffet is not as good as other properties.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
sedona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

The rooms are showing 4 years of wear and tear and are not fresh. The staff is not interested in solving problems or handling requests. The phone operators are rude. T garage is expensive, filthy, and scary. The whole attitude of the employees is "We have so much business we don't care about yours".

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Beaufort, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Harrah's had the most enthusiastic staff. They were professional, eager to serve, always greeting you, and just super friendly. Check in and check out was a breeze. Room was excellent with a great bathroom. Our veiw was the Loews hotel but I did not come to look out the window. Location was great. Cable cars are convenient taking you to French quarter, Bouban Street, (both within walking distance) and cable down St. Charles is convenient also. Buffet for dungeness crab was good but over priced. Lunch buffet was average at best. Of the two days we ate, one day the fried food was soggy not crisp, like it was fried in not hot enough grease. Breakfast buffet was terrible. Wonder what the meat is, not enough choice, and overpriced. Slot selection was great. Many new machines. Slots were tight. If I didn't gamble (play only thirty minutes and your parking voucher is swiped), and stayed at the hotel, I would not like to pay the 25-30 dollars a day to park.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I booked a 3 night stay at Harrahs and was assigned Room 1120. Upon my entry to the room, I discovered that the carpet was filthy. There were dirty spots on the carpet between the beds and next to the window. The carpet was torn where the marble meets the carpet. I called downstairs to advise the front desk. I was told that there were no other rooms available and someone would be up to shampoo the carpet . I was asked to leave the room for an hour to allow the staff to shampoo the carpet. Thank God, it was only 4 in the afternoon. We left the room and upon our return about 3 hours later, nothing had been done to the carpet. I spoke with the front desk and they assured me it would be taken care the next day.

We decided to drive to Destin the next day and this would give the hotel staff time to make the necessary changes to the room. When we returned that night, NOTHING had been done. The carpet was still dirty AND there was a leak from the A/C and as a result of the leak, the room also smelled of mildew!! I immediately called downstairs and complained. Several technicians were sent to the room and confirmed that there was indeed a leak from the a/c. Our luggage which had remained in the room was wet from the a/c leak. I was told that because there was a convention in town they had no other rooms. I inquired about other properties in the area. Harrahs arranged from me to get a room at Loews. It was 10 p.m and WE were responsible for getting our luggage across the street to the Loews property.

Harrahs is a nice property but management needs to do more to maintain it. Otherwise, it will be just another dump!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Minn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Hotel is nice. Parking is a big time problem. Everytime you leave out the parking garage you have to play or pay . Hotel guest should have a one time fee for 24 hrs. Several employees inside casino are unsure about the parking rules. Just a warning have plenty of extra money to dish out for parking, its very costly.
Carpet in room is stained and torned in certain areas. Hotel is located in nice area. Machines could be a little more lose.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Harrah's New Orleans? Share your experiences!