“Spectacular hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Spectacular hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I love this hotel. Everything is brand new, as it was built from the ground up. And there is a Ruth's Chris Steak House in the lobby. Does it get any better than that? The rooms are very spacious and some rooms give you a lovely view of the city. Everyone that works there seems happy and they were all courteous to us when we stayed there. A first class hotel in a city that is known for hospitality. I can't wait for my next trip to NOLA

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

726 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We travel to gamble every month. We enjoy staying at Harrah's Casino Hotel for the room and the view...which is hard to beat of the Mississippi River and/or downtown New Orleans. We love having a separate soaking tub and shower that makes the room special. We like having a coffee make and refrigerator in the room which makes it nice. The bed was very comfortable and had a nice desk area. The TV is a little small for the room, but loved the loveseat and comfortable sitting chair to enjoy the view. We were a little disappointed in the buffet this time around with the variety. Not having any kind of fruit on the buffet was my biggest issues and the price was a little too much for what you get. We have noticed that the slot machines are extremely tight and you don't get play for your money unless you bet the minimum. Once you raise your best the machines seem to go dead. Raising your bet only means going from 30 cents a spin to 90 cents or $1.50 per spin; at those two rates the machines seem to be extremely tight. I first thought it might have been the kind of machine I play; however, I tried several different kinds and they all did the same thing. I use to be able to go to the Casino with $200 or $300 and enjoy myself for hours where you could hit a few nice pots along the way; however, I hit absolutely nothing. It's ashamed how tight they have made them where you get no entertainment for your gambling dollar. I did like having an underground AC walkway from the Casino to the Hotel where you didn't have to brave the elements. I am not a fan of having to pay $34 to valet park, so we parked in the garage and is free as long as you gamble in the casino.

Green Features: I am not a fan of the environmentally-friendly practices because all the bulbs in the rooms are so dim and cast a shadow on everything.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was my first time staying here and I was happy to try it out. I arrived around 2pm….the lobby is tiny with a million people swirling around, terribly busy. The lady checking me in says that I don't have a reservation….but I have the email confirmation on my phone. She looks at it, looks back at her computer and just says "I don't know, it's not in here, you'll have to talk to the concierge. So I wait by the concierge desk for several minutes, she's busy dealing with an irate guy, so I wander over to the 7 Stars checkin desk, which has no line and what looks to be a manager or supervisor standing at it. She actually takes the extra 4 seconds, that it would've taken the first girl, to open my folio and find out that my first night of the trip is at the Hilton and the remaining 2 are at Harrah's Hotel. I don't remember being told this, but I might have and just forgot. All three nights were comped, so I guess I can't really complain about it! I wasn't about to drag my big old suitcase down the block to the Hilton, though, so I just grabbed essentials and checked it with the bellmen…who was very nice and friendly. Upon arriving back the next day, I was able to check in a little early and all was fine. The rooms were nice, bed was comfy, nice black out curtains, bathroom was roomy, and a handy little mini fridge. I slept like a rock, with my Do Not Disturb light illuminated outside my door….well, that is until they called early in the afternoon to make sure I didn't want service. Hello? Do not disturb…….Anyway, no biggie. Room service is 24/7, which is a really nice perk….I can't think of any other hotel in NOLA that I've stayed at that is open after 2am. My food came up in a jiffy and it was very good, soup was still hot and sandwich was tasty. On check out day, housekeeping was right on it…knocking at 11:02….I was still asleep, since I thought it was noon, but no worries, I needed to get up anyway. All in all, This was a nice hotel and I would stay here again, it's so centrally located and if you gamble at least 30 mins a day, they comp the parking in their structure too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, especially the lobby, and the location is great. The problem is the customer service is terrible. By far the worst I have ever received. The manager, Manieshia Hampton was terribly rude and unreliable, as was the desk clerk, Alex. Right after I checked out, I realized that I had left my iPhone charger in the room and asked if I could return to get it or have someone from the hotel look for it. I even wrote out exactly where it was. They told me that since I had checked out, I could not go back in the room, but that no one had time to go look for it either. I left them my phone number and asked them to call me once they had a chance to check for it. I never heard from anyone, so returned twice in the next two days to ask if they had had a chance to check for it, but they never did. A lost cell phone charger is not a big deal, but I was shocked that they were so unwilling to help with such a small request. Due to that experience I will never return to the Harrah's.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
lgdtexoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

What can I say? It's Harrah's and it's New Orleans. They do it up right! I've stayed at many Harrah's properties and I can say this is one of the prettiest, cleanest ever! The king room 1605 was facing the river. Had a grand view of the barges and mighty Mississippi. We stayed one night and played in the casino. Won a jackpot to boot. The hotel staff are great. Plenty of people standing around offering help. It was a great place to stay. Trolley is right around the corner. The parking garage is next door, just a short walk. The valet is $38 per day. We parked our own car and when we left, we gave them our players card, ID and parking ticket. It was free if you play at least 30 minutes. The bathroom was stocked with about 8 towels and washrags. PLENTY! We had plenty of soap, shampoo, etc.. I did catch housekeeping in the hall and ask for more coffee. Not sure why all hotels leave two coffees and two decaf, but this was the same. Great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My hubby and I stopped in to play the machines instead of the gaming tables. We were so disappointed in the selection of slot machines! The ONLY Wheel of Fortune machines (our go to slot) were in the high stakes area. They are $25 per pull, HOWEVER you cannot just put $25-50 in at a time. It $100 bill minimum. I tried to out $100 of vouchers and the machine would not take. This was confirmed with the attendant. Crazy but true.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Harrah's is a beautiful, upscale hotel to stay, especially if you are leaving or arriving from a cruise. It is very close. If you are able to stay on one of the top floors, you will have a beautiful view. Our room faced the Mississippi River and we could watch ships coming and going.
The rooms are very comfortable; the bedding is devine for a good nights sleep.Surprisingly, you do need to pay for wi-fi if you want to use it. There is a tunnel to use to get to the casino across the street. That is a very nice security feature and also protects you from the weather if it is unkind.
The Riverwalk and Mall are nearby; however the French Market is a good walk.

Room Tip: An upper floor offers a beautiful view of the city.