“Awesome Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Awesome Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at Harrahs' in New Orleans. What a great room and view of the river! The location is perfect-we were able to walk to so many sites, restaurants, parks, bars, and Bourbon Street. All was within .5 miles. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Lott, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff here is great. No matter how many times I walked thru the front lobby I was always greeted with a smile and a hello. Or welcome back. The rooms are spacious and clean. I loved the shower. Most all of the attractions are in walking distance. I just really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel was so beautiful and clean. The room was extremely big and so was the bathroom. The kids and I stayed here for a week. The hotel provided awesome service in every area. The hotel is located close to French Quarter and the Streetcars. We did not want to leave at the end of our trip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was our 5th stay at this hotel. We enjoy it here because we are close to the French Quarter, but have a modern large room. We appreciate how clean everything is and that the hotel is quiet. The staff are friendly. We really enjoy having a room with a river view. The only drawback to staying here is that when you reserve a room, it is only taken as a request. Therefore, you won't know until you check in if you'll have a riverview or a city view room, or if you'll have a king bed or two queen beds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Like many others went to the Essence Festival in New Orleans over the 2013 4th of July weekend. When we arrived at our hotel we were told that the rooms with two queen beds we had book through Orbitz (In February) were not available. We had to take 2 rooms with King beds. The manager told us to there was "nothing he could do" and to read the tiny print that gives no guarantee. We were told we could have a roll away bed. This wasn't a trip where the individuals traveling were comfortable to sleep in the same bed together. What was so disappointing was that besides a basic apology, nothing else was offered. No free buffet, no discount on our room, no free bottle of water. The hotel looks very nice. However, our shower literally had black dirt, like from the bottom of shoes. Harrah's has a very nice casino and the people there are friendly as well. They have a club, but even guests have to pay to get in. I guess once you get past taking whatever room you get and having to pay for it. . . It's ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We really love going to Harrah's Properties across the country (Caesars Brands now) because I am a Diamond Member and we get a lot of comps. We loved the actual Hotel room and the wonderful view. We stayed on the 22nd floor facing the Mississippi River and it was a wonderful view. The room was very spacious with a love seat, chair, coffee table, king bed with 2 night stands, desk and chair, refrigerator, 32" TV and coffee pot. The bathroom was very nice with a large soaking tub, separate shower, toilet area in its own room and bathrobes. We liked when you turned on the do not disturb switch it lit up and disabled the door bell and you didn't have to mess with a door hanger.

The main thing that I really hated was the $34.00 a day for valet. However, we did park in the parking garage the next 3 days we were there and with my Diamond Card they comped it. I assume if you show play in their casino you would get it comped anyway.

The Casino slots were some of the tightest I have ever played and all the table games are $10.00 minimum; which is fine for most games, but when you like to play Caribbean Stud or Let It Ride like I do, that means you can have $40.00 or more out on the table per hand, which can get pretty pricy if you don't win anything. I have never been to a casino where I didn't win anything worth talking about on the slots. I play between $1.00 to $3.00 per spin and never won anything really to talk about...which is very rare for me. I just felt like I was throwing money out the window and doubt I will return to this casino. I loved the room, but was very disappointed in the parking fees and the play you get for your gambling money. There are just way too many other nice Casinos to go to in the Central US where you get real play for your money and that is what gambling is all about.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel is centerally located so for us we can and stayed one night and toured this historic city for 2 days. The rooms were beautful and luxurious, but $300.00/night price tag to sleep and shower is well a bit much. I would prefer to spend my dollars sight seeing and enjoying the southern cuisine. It in the convention area, so the casino is in a totally different building which was fine for my liking. The staff and the concierge personel were exceptional. I lost my camera walking throught the casino to check into the hotel and realized it four to five hours later; and low and behold it was returned to me. Thank you. Finding a place to eat breakfast was a challenge and nothing was close except for a coffee stand that offered fruit and some danishes. New Orleans was great city to visit and what a great history. Remains of Katrina are still there but what a great job revitalizing. Beautiful city, hot and steamy, great music, great history, awesome food and loved all the buildings and homes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's New Orleans? Share your experiences!