“pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
california
“pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

from start to finish our stay at the hotel was great. all the employees were cordial and helpful. we used the concierge(robert), who gave us so much info on what we needed for our day to the plantations.
we ate at besh steakhouse and had delicious food. we also ate at the buffet for breakfast one day and it wasn't too bad. it was decent.
we gambled, but didn't win, nor lose too much. it was still a lot of fun! lot's of casino games to choose from.
Easy walk to the french quarter, which was nice since harrah's is perfectly situated just outside the quarter.
we will definitely come back to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

672 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Really there is no place more friendly on earth than New Orleans, and the Harrahs employees are simply fantastic. Always greeting you, anxious to help. We had a great suite on the 21st floor with beautiful view of the river, fantastic food at John Besh, Ruth Chris and Grand Isle, and a wonderful time in the casino.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river, the higher the better.
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Amazing I arrived to New Orleans at 2:00 AM, tired and drained. The hotel advised that my room was not available so he upgraded me to the Penthouse suite. The room was awesome, chandeliers, marble floors, and the massive windows. What a great gesture to end the night in a plush bed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cary, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently went on a business trip to New Orleans. I stayed one night at the Harrah's as it was convenient to my conference and I wanted to do some gambling. Upon check in (I had booked a Luxury 1 King bed room) I was given a two double bed room. Upon showing the front desk my RESERVATION for a King, I was told they didn't have any king bed rooms left. I thought the whole point of a reservation is to actually hold that room for me. I asked for a manager and was told the same thing. The King rooms go quickly and apparently they don't hold them for you. I stay in a bunch of hotels for business and the service was far below what many lesser priced hotels offer. They had a great chance to make things right by offering me something (discount, free chips in the casino, etc.) but nothing was ever offered for my inconvenience. The room was clean and nice but the service made this way over priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

No stone unturned. Just got back from Harrah"s as usual the staff are the utmost profeessionals . I love the location and I feel safe venturing out at night along Canal to shop and or dine . The trolley stop is just across the street . My room was as usual clean spacious and LOVE the fridge . Ordered room service one night the food was very good and came very fast . I only visit NOLA when I can stay at HARRAH'S

Room Tip: I wish they had a pool that is the only amenity that they are missing.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Recently stayed at Harrah's New Orleans and was very happy with the stay. The rooms were nice, clean and had a nice view of the river. The hotel itself very clean and nicely appointed. The staff was outgoing. Good location and close to everything within a short walking distance to the quarter. Enjoyed all New Orleans had to offer from the Riverwalk and French Quarter to the Casino and the GREAT restaurants all over town. highly recommend for a stay, especially if you get a comp from the Casino.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

It was between this hotel and one of the "old guard" lux hotels, but was glad I chose this one! We walked to the French Quarter and stopped at Cafe Beignet, which was 100% better than Cafe Du Monde. We had an upgraded room w/ river view & if you register for the (free) Harrah's Rewards card, you get a room discount when booking online. The soaker tub was MUCH needed and loved it! Room was clean and always done when we got back.

The casino is not far and has smaller grab & gos like Fuddrucker's. (You can't miss the jazz dinner at Arnaud's in the French Quarter-so lovely). First time in New Orleans but not the last.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's New Orleans? Share your experiences!