“The city is fabulous!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenville, South Carolina
“The city is fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Harrahs Hotel in New Orleans is a little older than the one in Cherokee but the room was clean. They need to update to flat screen TV's. The buffet food was good but overpriced. Choose McAlisters or Fuddruckers instead inside the casino. We tried Besh steakhouse and the food was subpar. Really not wirth the money and the service was less than great. It seemed to take a really long time to get food. Husband had to send back his steak twice. It could have been this particular day tho so don't let this stop you from giving it a try. We did not try Ruths Chris.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Powhatan, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Harrah's New Orleans. From the moment we arrived until the time we left, there was always plenty of friendly staff to greet and assist us. Our room was spacious and clean. The bath was AMAZING!!! Location was perfect for walking to anywhere we wanted to go in the Arts District, CBD, or the Quarter. Lots of places to eat, things to do and things to see right outside the hotel door!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in Jan 2013 while attending a convention. Rooms are very nice - plenty of space, the bathtub was very comfortable, clean. Meeting rooms were comfortable and well kept. The gym was too small for a hotel this size. Minutes walking distance from all the action and many restaurants. All in all great experience from start to finish.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Second time at this great place and want to say once again how nice it is. However, I'd like to point out that the police close the streets around this area for the "Parades" this time of year. We could not get to the garage on Convention St and had to park at the Hilton garage two blocks over. When we called the desk to ask how to get to the hotel to drop off our bags (and an 85 year old) they said we were just out of luck and should wait four hours until the "floats" had been removed from around the hotel. This area is the terminus for some of the parades I guess.
We just parked and walked with our bags and mom.

Just a heads up if you go around Mardi Gras time.

Room Tip: This time our room faced toward the super dome and was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Harrahs Hotel in New Orleans many times before. The staff is excellent but the property is now not being kept up and repairs and cut backs are obvious.
How bad was it. The bed sheets were clean but had holes in them...yes holes!
The hutch in front of the television Haida huge piece of wood missing. The clock was missing from the room and the make up mirror had also disappeared. That was just the start. Carpets had stains and basically the room looked "old"
We were in a suite! I'm fearful of how a regular room would look
If you can stay else where for the same or less you are better off
We issued to love to stay here.
Too bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Goffstown, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I booked our room July 29, 2012. I booked 4 nights and received them complimentary due to my play status at Harrah's. We arrived at the registration desk at 3:50 on Monday 2/4/2012. My room was not ready and I was told to come back in 2 hours. Since I stay at other Harrah's properties frequently, they generally reserve the same type of room for me, high floor, king near elevator and a view. We checked our bags and came back in 2 hours. To my dismay, our room still was not ready. At this point I'm thinking how far in advance do I need to book in order to get what I am accustomed to. By 6:45, I finally had my room. It was on the 9th floor with a view of the parking garage. I was not pleased. I called the front desk and asked to be changed...was told there was nothing else available but they could check for me the next day. On Tuesday, I went back down to the front desk 4 different times after 11:00 check out and was continually told no other rooms were available. I was not happy, but felt defeated and did give up trying. This was the negative part of our trip. I have to say, the room was well appointed, and clean. The bed was comfortable and the housekeeping service was very good. The doormen were extremely friendly. There is a warmth to the people of New Orleans that isn't found in other parts of the country. We stay in Atlantic City quite often and there is no comparison to the friendliness of the locals in NOLA. We will go back, but next time I will insist on the type of room I prefer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The Colony, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

If you visit Nola this is the perfect location. You are in the downtown, many things are walking distance. If you get a players card, parking is free. The rooms are great and the price is right. Check in was smooth and they answered all our questions.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Harrah's New Orleans? Share your experiences!