“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sparta, New Jersey
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This Harrah's is located very conveniently to the French Quarter without all the noise. The room is spacious and clean with only minor issues. The bed comfort was excellent. There is a separate shower area from the tub, plenty of bathroom counter space and a separate room area for the toilet. The hotel has a casino across the street but an underground walkway so you do not have to actually walk across the street. There are plenty of restaurants but I'd recommend others in town, although the bar in Manning's is a must do if you want a drink. My complaints are: 1- The check in was at 4:00, I arrived at 2:45 and they wanted an extra $30 to get into the room then. I came back later and although I had reserved a King bed I was put into a room with a queen bed. 2- When I got out of the elevator to get to my room there were a lot of crumbs on the floor. The problem was the crumbs were still there the next day at 10:00am. The staff was at all times very friendly and helpful. All in all I would recommend this hotel if you are coming to New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

678 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Rockwall, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Positives: Great location, very clean, big room, awesome bathroom. Brewery next door has great drinks!
Negatives: outrageous parking fee! Water pressure in shower is almost nothing....had to rinse my hair in bathtub to get conditioner out.

Great hotel, will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The minute my girlfriend and I walked into the hotel we were warmly greeted by the friendly staff. Each and every time we passed by the front desk they would greet us making us feel welcomed, and that displays excellent customer service. The room itself was nice, the bathroom had a walk in shower and bath tub that fits 2 people comfortably, and a view of the Mississippi River. The casino also offered a reasonably priced buffet that had a variety of food, we ate there for breakfast and dinner. The hotel is located right off of canal street; which is blocks away from bourbon street, the french quarter, and other well known sites throughout New Orleans. The next time we come back to New Orleans we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: River view rooms are much nicer and provide a better view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed in a ton of hotels in New Orleans, and Harrah's was one of the best I have stayed in. Great service, big rooms, great toiletries and towels, luxurious bathrooms and amenities, safe, fridge, flat screen TV (no lag on the remote) and the fastest elevators I have ever seen!! Great proximity to restaurants, shopping and the quarter. Only problem I had was the softness of the bed and pillows, water pressure and the cost of parking and the rules behind gambling and parking. Other then that, I would totally stay here again in a moments notice!

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Well, my check in at Harrah's was just sad, the check in clerks were not very friendly! We were there for a major event, 4 nights...$600+ a night and we check into our first room...there were stains visible on the chairs and bed! The furniture was old and chipped. We asked for another room. The second didn't have stains, and the room was no better than the first one. Very disappointed! We looked at the upgraded suite and there was only one bed in the suites and we requested two! Couldn't book another hotel last minute! With the rates Harrah's charge during certain events they should at least give us a little more to enjoy room wise!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We took a quick trip to New Orleans Thanksgiving night on a comp offer from Harrahs. The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. The location is convenient to Harrahs as well as numerous restaurants and attractions. I gave the hotel 4 stars instead of 5 only because the rates when paying for a room are usually very high and if you are paying to stay in New Orleans there are better values. However if you get a good rate at this hotel it is a great place to stay!

Douglasville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My hubby and I loved our stay at Harrah's. We never seemed to run into others in the hall; it seemed very private compared to other places in Vegas. Our room was huge, the bed so comfy, and the bathroom was even larger. We had a huge bathtub, a large glassed in shower, and the toilet was in its own room. The huge tiled floor was so clean and nice. I was extremely impressed. We will be back. We loved especially that we could park the car, gamble some, and walk all over the French Quarter. We did a Stray Boots tour which showed us all of the sites on our own pace. What a great get away from our kids!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's New Orleans? Share your experiences!