“Didn't hear any ghosts!” 3 of 5 stars

Andrew Jackson Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   919 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #111 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Milton, FL
“Didn't hear any ghosts!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

For years we have walked by the Andrew Jackson and wanted to stay. We did in June. Yes it is cheaper to stay in New Orleans in the summer but it is hot! The room was comfortable if you kept the ceiling fan on high. Small room, which is standard for NO. The room we stayed in was in the courtyard, room 108. We enjoyed eating a snack in the courtyard. Quaint little place in a great location. It is a stop on all the ghost tours but the only thing we heard was a yowling cat at 2 am. This is not a fancy hotel but a comfortable one. Worth the price we paid and would stay again.

Room Tip: Courtyard is nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very easy to make your way around the French Quarter from it as it's only one block from the famous Bourbon Street!! The receptionist was very helpful and helped us to book a couple of tours too. Room was basic but suited our needs and had good air-con.

Only downside was when the tour company let us down on our last day, there was a lot of wrangling to get our deposit back form the same receptionist and I felt we had to prove our innocence, not a very nice way to finish unfortunately.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

A small group of us meet in New Orleans and were staying at the Andrew Jackson Hotel. When we arrived no one would help us in ANY way. I asked could i get help with my things and was told "they didn't do that". Even though there was no one in the lobby and two behind the counter. For the Valet service, I was just told to bring the keys to my truck to them when i got all my things out of the vehicle. I finally got my things to a second story room (with some help from my friends) down narrow hallways only to find out it was a tiny room. We booked two rooms and paid the SAME amount for both. The other was a nice room with a balcony. I returned to the front desk to ask why there was such a big difference. They did find another room for me one the first floor. NOW i was alone and had to make two trips back to the room to move my luggage myself. I have had a full hip replacement even have handicap tag on my truck.. BUT anyway.. I am not sure if they were to busy talking or why they would not help..We were leaving a little later to go out to eat when what do we see? the same one that told us they did not help with luggage was carrying a visitors luggage to their room..

After getting in the room. it was fairly clean but shower/tub has no safety stickers and almost fell a couple of times.. the water pressure is VERY low as well.. At check out time we had to wait for 2 1/2 hours to get our vehicles.. i understand they use a service for this and was told a few times of this.. the clerk said we give you a parking space for your $36. Were told at one time during the 2 1/2 wait that they were going to come pick us up and carry us to get our car and drive it back to the hotel our self.. lucky the valet service did finally bring our car.. VERY unpleasant staff

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed in the king suite overlooking the street with my own and rather large balcony. I enjoyed it but there were cigarette butts in the ashtray (not mine) which was not cleaned out for the three nights that I stayed there. The room was large and had a comfortable bed and a couch. WiFi was good. I liked the flaky croissant and the strong coffee for breakfast but it did not fill my stomach. Perhaps a fruit or two along with what they served would have been good. I loved the bathroom with its marble vanity. But they failed to replace the soap and I had the same soap for three days - and no soap holder so it was just lying there on the side of the tub!
The staff was helpful. I will put in here, a good word for Mary, who had to run twice to my room to check for stuff that I had forgotten there. Royal street is quieter and quainter than bourbon street. This hotel definitely lived up to that image. See photo for the history of the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the king suite with the balcony overlooking the street. Its the best for people watching!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bargersville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is beat up and knocked down. Bathroom was tiny. No place to put anything.
Staff did the best they could with what they had to work with. The owners need to but a lot of work and money back into this hotel. Every in side is just plain WORN OUT

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Location, location, location! This small hotel is pretty much right in the heart of all the action but just far enough away from the noise of bourbon street to allow you to have a good nights rest.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpfull and we were able to book tours with reception.

We had a room just past reception with two queen beds and a decent sized bathroom, the room itself was quite large and spacious and we never felt like we were in each others way.

Once again, location! The hotel really is in such a good spot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Andrew Jackson Hotel sits on Royal St. in the French Quarter, away from the noise and crowds of bar-hopping Bourbon St.,but close enough to walk over if you want to join in. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are small but comfortable, and a complimentary breakfast of strong coffee and croissants delivered to your room or to the quiet hotel courtyard is a nice touch. If you are looking for a lot of upscale amenities, look elsewhere, but if you prefer a small hotel that reflects the spirit of the city, the Andrew Jackson is a solid choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Andrew Jackson Hotel? Share your experiences!