“Great tour - a must do in NOLA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drink & Learn

Drink & Learn
Vacherie Restaurant, 827 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70117 (Formerly The Cocktail Tour)
504-578-8280
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 205 Activities in New Orleans
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Drink and Learn (formerly the Cocktail Tour)offers visitors two different ways to experience New Orleans. Who knew history could be so much fun? Join cocktail historian Elizabeth Pearce as she regales you with the story of New Orleans, its people, and culture using some of its most famous (and infamous) drinks. Whether you join her for The Cocktail Tour or a Drinking Experience, you will come away with a new appreciation for America’s most interesting city. The Cocktail Tour stops at some of the French Quarters notable landmarks including Jackson Square, the French Market and St. Louis Cathedral. While you stroll, you will savor four iconic drinks of the city. Additionally, Drink & Learn offers Experiences that are perfect for those who prefer their drinking to be climate controlled and who see no reason to walk with a drink when you can sit and sip one. Featuring historic images and vintage film footage, The New Orleans Experience takes visitors on an interactive journey through the city’s history, one drink at a time.You much be 21 to attend any tour or experience.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great tour - a must do in NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was highly impressed with Elizabeth Pearce's cocktail tour. Her lively, animated and detailed account of the history of New Orleans's cocktail scene was very enjoyable. She provided three full cocktails plus a little bonus shot of praline liquor. I'm a local in New Orleans and have never experienced anything like this. Highly recommend!!

Coker, Alabama
“Great drinks and fun history lesson!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Elizabeth has an easy, warm quality that is rare, plus she makes great drinks. She gives you a history lesson that is full of fun facts and little known tidbits. It was our 25th anniversary trip and we would take the tour again. Our group was fun and engaging. People from all over the US, varied ages and backgrounds. Thanks again Elizabeth fun an evening we will never forget!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't miss this - fantastic fun for all types of groups!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Elizabeth was simply fantastic! I couldn't recommend her tour more highly. After tons of visits to the Big Easy, I was in town for my bachelorette party and I wanted to do something to treat my girlfriends who had made the trip, some of them being NOLA newbies. This was unbelievably interesting for everyone on the trip - definitely a highlight and definitely something I would do with others the next time I'm in town. Elizabeth has a special knack for storytelling and kept us laughing and happy the entire time. This is a special history tour which everyone will love. Book your tickets now!!

Oregon, Ohio
28 attraction reviews
“Great tour, worth every penny...put this on your list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We chose this tour because of the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I am so glad we did. It was one of the absolute highlights of our trip to New Orleans. Elizabeth was a great tour guide: knowledgeable, funny, engaging, informative. She was truly the perfect combination of everything you would want in a guide.

The history and culture of New Orleans are so rich and interesting anyway, but to hear it told with the history of its famous cocktails interwoven was a unique and interesting twist. Our tour was even more fun because we had a diverse group of funny interesting people. Everyone knows that a performer plays off their audience, and Elizabeth did just that by giving us the long version of stories and really taking the time to let us laugh and share.

The cocktails that we got to carry around were pretty nice too, but honestly, even if you don't drink, this would be a great tour (you can probably find people on your tour to take the alcohol off your hands). :)

For the rest of our trip, we saw many things that made sense because of the tour. We understood the significance of things more clearly and found ourselves looking for the little tidbits that Elizabeth gave us. She has written a book that I can't wait to buy when it comes out. She also had a list of books tied to different parts of the tour that I look forward to adding to my collection.

I would recommend this tour to anyone who has a love of New Orleans, who wants to know more, or who just wants a different perspective on a subject you may have already learned about.

Have I mentioned that I highly recommend this tour?? I wish I could give it more than 5 stars.

Visited February 2013
“The Best Tour! This woman is amazing and entertaining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We had sO much fun. We went on other tours and this onE Was by far the best! Elizabeth is a wonderful teacher, singer, and even an actress; reciting monologues, quotes, and more. She also has an amazing vocabulary! Pretty much I want to move to new Orleans and befriend her! We did saturday afternoon and it was perfect for startong off a toasty night. Do yourself a favor and don't miss this tour.

Been to Drink & Learn? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Drink & Learn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.