“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
You are Different Here!
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Courtesy coffeepot hard to use. Dust fibers on fixtures. But the biggest complaint I have is this; I accidently left my phone charger in my room when I checked out. After finding this out a day later, I called and it was tough getting anyone to help. Security's phone rang and rang. Tried back and got Randy, who said he would look for it. Didn't hear from anyone, so I called again and asked for a supervisor, who I believe was Mike, who told me phone chargers were practically the most left behind item of a guest, and, that the hotel "had thousands of them" and he would go look. It would seem to me, that if a hotel is acquiring alot of their guests items and isn't doing much to try to unite the items with their owners, then there is a problem. Why keep them if you have no system to return them? What if whoever turns an lost item in, just attaches a tag with the room number on it. Then it could be returned to the person? One other minor complaint is that the people who answer the incoming calls, slur their words badly. The impression is poor.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

We had a room on the 18th floor with 2 queen beds that were very comfortable. The view of the Mississippi River was especially pretty at night when the bridge was lit up. The staff was wonderful, especially the concierge (Ms. Debbie), who helped us with planning excursions. Our only regret in choosing this hotel was that we always had to go out for breakfast as their restaurant was too expensive.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

just finished a 5 day stay here for spring break vacation; location excellent (2 blocks from Canal St.) easy walk to Frech Quarter; all staff courteous,patient and helpful; room had great view of river; room was clean with excellent amenities; lots of dogs! (pet friendly);would stay on next trip to NOLA; had breakfast here only one day-food good but a bit slow coming out; overall great value and quality-highly recommended

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Clark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband, 12 year old son and I stayed at the Loews New Orleans for our spring break vacation. I debated long and hard before choosing the Loews and I'm so happy with my choice. The hotel is lovely- elegantly styled, with a swanky feel to it. We arrived at 10 am and although check-in is 4pm, our room was ready! As others have mentioned, a terrific jazz cd was playing as we entered the room, and it is complimentary. A great souvenir to take home. The room was large and well-appointed, complete with bathrobes and great toiletries. Large bathroom with a stall shower and a bathtub. Concierge was wonderful and very helpful. (Thank you Debbie and Daisy!) The restaurant, Cafe Adelaide is fantastic with a great staff, especially Brad. The coffee is amazing. The adjoining Swizzle Stick Bar has the best drinks (especially the Adelaide Swizzle which are 1/2 price at happy hour). There are two friendly doorman to greet guests and open and close the front doors of the hotel every time you enter and exit. The location is perfect. Close enough to walk anywhere in the quarter yet far enough from the craziness. Both my husband and son told me several times, "Boy, you sure picked the right place to stay".
One last note: The queen size beds are more like doubles. I raised this issue with management and the situation was handled beautifully and to my complete satisfaction.
Yes, this is the place to stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

A large group of us were apart of a wedding party during Dec. 2009. The service provided by the staff members was stellar. Especially those who provided special assistance with the wedding. The rooms were very warm & inviting. Our children gave the rooms 2 thumbs up. The downstairs lounge/bar was comfortable as well. Room service is one of a kind and you are well taken care of. However, for a hotel of this caliber the spa is one of the worst I have visited. The day of my visit I went in for a scheduled (1-2 weeks prior) hot stones massage to later find out that my appointment had been cancelled as well as hot stones were not available because the masseuse did not turn on the warmer. If they can get the spa aligned with some of the "greats" they may merit a another spa visit.

• Stayed December 2009
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed at the Loews on Poydras for 2 nights to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. Overall, we were very pleased with Loews and would stay again when returning to New Orleans. The location (just blocks from Bourbon) is excellent.

When we checked-in, I mentioned our anniversary. We were pleasantly suprised by the champagne and fruit the staff sent up as a "welcome & congratulations" gift. It was much appreciated and really got our stay off to a great start.

The room (we had a King on the 16th floor) was huge and overlooked the Mississippi River & Harrahs Casino. The only slight negative didn't have so much to do with the hotel as our next door neighbors; there was a group of 4-5 staying next door who were talking quite loudly after a night out... Not completely unexpected in NOLA, but something to be aware of as the hotel does offer rooms that have doors to adjoin the rooms. We were just about to say something to them as they decided to leave. No biggie but just a minor irritation.

The hotel staff was just fantastic. I needed my shoes shined, so I asked for the nearest shoe shine. Instead, the bellman took my shoes to the back, shined them, and returned them to me while I had a cocktail in the Swizzle Stick lounge in the lobby. In addition, we asked the concierge on two separate occassions for recommendations/feedback which she provided (perfectly) and with a smile. Finally, the hotel manager called us on both of our days there to make sure everything was ok and to see if they could do anything to make our stay better. I was always addresed as "Mr. <lastname>"... Sometimes I felt like I should have been paying much more for the room.

We had breakfast the first morning at the buffet in the Cafe Adelaide restaurant. Though very convenient, we were more pleased with the food quality and service than the price of the buffet.

The hotel bar (Swizzle Stick) is great - the signature drink is excellent and very addicting. I had more than one of them and would recommend.

I can't say enough about the staff - they were so helpful. Overall GREAT experience - my wife loved the hotel (and the rest of our weekend); it was the perfect way to celebrate our first year of marriage. Thank you Loews for a great weekend.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Small room for the price was expecting a nicer room. Could have stayed at Marriott or Hilton and had a bigger room at a better price. Room not ready at check-in. Said 30 min to get it cleaned. Came back 2 hrs later and got the same story. Voiced my displeasure at the canned response and was in a room in 15 min. NON the expierience I expected for the reputation of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!